district 11AA

ballbasher30

This coming from my parent source at Sycamore:

Sycamore played Northeast last week sometime and looked "rusty". They couldn't throw strikes from what I was told. They hit well, Quillen hit a homerun, and Carrigan just about left the yard from what I was told. They got beat 14-4 but was only out hit 7-6. So they are fixable is what my friend tells me. If anyone would like to add to this feel free.

Please any one from these other teams speak up and let us know how you look this year. We are all curious supporters of this district.

i havent watched Creek Wood play this year but they are returning so much talent. they have some kids on the team that can play. not sure how the battle for the district starters is turning out... ROP???

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fairview lost a lot in leadership, but not much in talent. most of their good players are back. adkison is back as their number 1 so they should be in most games he pitches. if they can find some other pitching to back him up they should be better than they were last year. they have a solid defense this year but have to find a replacement behind the plate and in leftfield. i watched them intrasquad the other day was told they have a senior who is catching that moved in this year and should help, also got a senior pitcher to come back out after being kicked off the team two years ago so he might help later in the season after the rust is gone. weather hasnt let them scrimmage anyone so we'll see next week.

my preseason predicitions just because I like to do it:

1. Waverly

2. Sycamore

3. Fairview

4. Creek Wood

5. Montgomery Central

6. Stewart Co.

7. Harpeth

8. Cheatham Co.

I can't argue with that prediction. Waverly and Sycamore are the top dogs right now. I still would give the edge to Sycamore, but Purcell is the real deal.

My friend has invited me to Sycamore vs. Clarksville High at Sycamore today, and Sycamore vs. Clarksville Academy tomorrow. I am not sure if I will make it today, but I will tomorrow. If I do make it today I will have updates on both.

Nice info on FairView. Is that where you are from BallBasher

Other than the three seniors I haven't heard much about Harperth.

Anyone got any news of waverly.

heard harpeth won 6-4 over mtcs . that scrimmage must have been hard on the hands !! weather looks to be get'n warmer today and tomo !! i believe its to early to be on top of your game !! i think the war eagles will be alright with the 14- 4 loss and will knock the rust off come season ! northeast is a young competive team

i havent watched Creek Wood play this year but they are returning so much talent. they have some kids on the team that can play. not sure how the battle for the district starters is turning out... ROP???

From what i hear is that Creedwood is returning all of thier pitchers, however i heard they aren't exactly kids you can put on the hill with confidence.

Harpeth's still got 8 basketball guys still out. Three of them started last year.

#4 is way too low for Creekwood ballbasher. They've got more arms than anybody in the district.

KS I don't know where you get your information, but how can you say Creek Wood has the most arms returning? Do you realize that Waverly Central returns their number 1,2,AND,3 pitchers from last year. And last I checked they won the District Tourney. Creek Wood is returning their 3 of their top 5 pitchers and last I checked they were 1 and done in the tourney (or 2 and done at most). Sycamore is returning 4 of their top 5 pitchers from last year, and last I checked they ran through this district in the regular season and finished 2nd in the tourney after choking. So your little Harpeth and Creek Wood "homer" rants are getting tiresome to read. Creek Wood's pitchers last year got ran through.

Now as I said before I expect Creek Wood to be a solid team, but don't get on here saying they have the best arms in the district when those arms earned them a 6th place finish last year.

Please do some research on this district and then come talk to the people who try and show little bias opinions on this forum. I understand you are probably a proud parent of a Harpeth player (or former player), but please spare us. I am a proud supporter of Montgomery Central, but you don't see me on this forum talking them up when everyone knows they are down. Same way with Harpeth, and Creek Wood is back, but have not earned the right to be titled the "best arms in the district."

I am going out to the Sycamore-Clarksville High Scrimmage in about 3 hours, so I will evaluate them and get back on here tonight.

WTH! Opinions are like buttholes and elbows. Everybody's got a couple. Creek Wood has 17 returning juniors and seniors. I said they have MORE arms than anyone else in the district. You said best. They have the biggest student population in the district. They are coached well. It's MY OPINION that they'll do well in the district this year coming off a 10-4 record last year and losing to a 5-9 Central team. Every dog has it's day. Harpeth went 1-3 against Sycamore in basketball this year but won the one that's sending them to substate.

Ask your friend from work about that one.

Why does everyone that posts on this thread have to get a beat down from you if they have a different opinion from you and your buddy at work? Give me a break.

I have all the confidence in the world in our guys or they wouldn't be put on the bump. Not saying they are going to win each time. If the staff doesn't believe in them how can u expect the kid to believe in himself. Here is the trick to it all, no one knows how good they r until u play. Yes CW lost to MC that was a 6 upsetting a 3. Hats off to Mills and Coach Dunn for being the better team that day. All I know is we r 8 deep on the bump and that doesn't include JV. Maybe people work really hard so they will not get RAN THROUGH. KS got his info straight from my mouth!!! CW vs. clarksville thurs. 4:00 and CW vs BGA sat. 1000am. Enjoy the warm weather. 30PEACE!!!