Did Riverdale cheat?

MIDTN

T.V. news at six last night reported that the TSSAA is looking into a report that Riverdale's two new transfers are living with thier coach. All three came from Independence last year. For those of you who have never dealt with the TSSAA, that means someone has dropped hard facts in thier lap and they are searching for the spine needed to act on them. If true, I hate it for the players who belong at Riverdale. If not, the TSSAA sould clear that team ASAP. Delay hurts all involved.http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9677284

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that Riverdale was caught sheeting, NOW THEY DROP THE BALL! If the players who transferred wanted to leave IHS and follow their coach, I have no problem with that. I would do the same if I enjoyed playing for my coaches. If the parents were O.K. with it them I'm O.K. with the transfer. But the problem is this, "Does the players live in the house/apartment with the coach?" That isn't right. If the players in question are over at the coaches house all the time, that is a problem. And again I do not know all the facts.

For the parents doing the stalking, you have just hurt your daughter getting on another team without the coaches putting a mark on her. You guy's just sound like disgrunted parents more than anything. Ask yourself this, "How does this benefit your daughter?" Justice? Your daughter will find a hard time finding any where else to play and get respect and trust from both coaches and team-mates. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Interesting that Riverdale was caught sheeting, NOW THEY DROP THE BALL! If the players who transferred wanted to leave IHS and follow their coach, I have no problem with that. I would do the same if I enjoyed playing for my coaches. If the parents were O.K. with it them I'm O.K. with the transfer. But the problem is this, "Does the players live in the house/apartment with the coach?" That isn't right. If the players in question are over at the coaches house all the time, that is a problem. And again I do not know all the facts.

For the parents doing the stalking, you have just hurt your daughter getting on another team without the coaches putting a mark on her. You guy's just sound like disgrunted parents more than anything. Ask yourself this, "How does this benefit your daughter?" Justice? Your daughter will find a hard time finding any where else to play and get respect and trust from both coaches and team-mates. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Dont you mean Parents that have the intestinal fortitude to say enough is enough,someone should have to play by the rules? And them not being able to find a place to play,nothing could be farther from the truth.

If this did happen and someone had the stones to call them on it outstanding.

Those dang public schools - recruiting? transferring?

yeah, Im with you on this one. (and I do not know anyone involved, so I am not judging anyone) But issues like this are not just about basketball. Sometimes we fail to look past the sports and into real life.

As a proud grad of Riverdale High School I can not believe someone would mention "recruiting" at my school!!!! I have never heard of such a thing!!!! That's all I have to say about that!!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Dont you mean Parents that have the intestinal fortitude to say enough is enough,someone should have to play by the rules? And them not being able to find a place to play,nothing could be farther from the truth.

If this did happen and someone had the stones to call them on it outstanding.

Define the rule that has been broken please? No one has defined what rule has been broken. Right now it is all allegations. It is not a rule violation for a player to transfer school systems to follow a coach they adore. Given that, parents will need to go through the proper channels or move into that school zone. If the parents contacted the coach about this move, no rule has been broken because the parents had started the communication process between coach/parent/student. This only changes and is wrong if the players are living with coach at this point. That's a big question mark or is that the case. If the girls are living in zone and have a legit address, there is no violation. Again, what is the problem here. Disgrunted parents possible, rules violation possible, but what are the facts.

Define the rule that has been broken please? No one has defined what rule has been broken. Right now it is all allegations. It is not a rule violation for a player to transfer school systems to follow a coach they adore. Given that, parents will need to go through the proper channels or move into that school zone. If the parents contacted the coach about this move, no rule has been broken because the parents had started the communication process between coach/parent/student. This only changes and is wrong if the players are living with coach at this point. That's a big question mark or is that the case. If the girls are living in zone and have a legit address, there is no violation. Again, what is the problem here. Disgrunted parents possible, rules violation possible, but what are the facts.

Get your head out of the sand and face the realities of the situation. Coach gets early tip Riverdale coach is leaving and due to relationship gets the job, tells the Independence players she wants what is up and what they have to do to join her, players transfer, then it gets dicey from here apparently as to whether they do everything on the up and up. Potentially blurring the ethical line even further is now the coach is engaged to a MTSU asst coach. Will be interesting to see how that whole dynamic plays out, since the line has already been completely removed between MTSU and the local travel ball program run by a family member of the MTSU coach, a program which the Riverdale coach is linked very strongly to. Just check out the MTSU incoming freshman class to verify that. Today TSSAA, tomorrow NCAA?

Get your head out of the sand and face the realities of the situation. Coach gets early tip Riverdale coach is leaving and due to relationship gets the job, tells the Independence players she wants what is up and what they have to do to join her, players transfer, then it gets dicey from here apparently as to whether they do everything on the up and up. Potentially blurring the ethical line even further is now the coach is engaged to a MTSU asst coach. Will be interesting to see how that whole dynamic plays out, since the line has already been completely removed between MTSU and the local travel ball program run by a family member of the MTSU coach, a program which the Riverdale coach is linked very strongly to. Just check out the MTSU incoming freshman class to verify that. Today TSSAA, tomorrow NCAA?

WOW!!!!

I'm glad you were their to hear all this or is this coming from your daughter. Again, nothing but hear-say out of you whinners. Are you from IHS, I know nothing of them complaining to the TSSAA about recruiting violations (since some of these players left them). Look, I'm not even in Rutherford county or have a dog in the hunt or know anyone involved. But, I'll say this--get with the program. Parents are going to send their child to the best programs if they are any good. I WILL TOO WHEN MY DAUGHTER (7) AND SON (5) ARE OLD ENOUGH. Right now they are young and I want them to enjoy that time, but if they want to be good then I'll make sure they're on a good team and have a coach push them. Not you whinners who complain and back nothing up. Yes I know recruiting goes on, but you better prove it first before throwing people under the bus. Unless you heard this yourself, it is just hear-say.