Did Riverdale cheat?

MIDTN

Ur prolly right - why would anyone - especially disgruntled parents - make up such an idiotic story - surely they did not know anything about it when the transfer/recruits began playing for new coach and new team at start of season - yeah whole thing made up.

The disgruntled parent's child lost playing time due to a better player (Haislip) legally moving into the Riverdale zone. Then the parents took the liberty of playing detective by following Coach Maxwell around and taking photographs of her. The parents are stalking her and need to be punished by the law.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how much of their story is made up but I know for a fact the one involved played for coach Maxwell before coming to Riverdale. I have heard this players parents comment the reason they MOVED from Indy to Riverdale was because they thought so highy of coach Maxwell. Why the fall out and why so ugly? I still think coach Maxwell knows her stuff and to me the accusations are reaching. Maybe a little much, ya think?

Not sure how much of their story is made up but I know for a fact the one involved played for coach Maxwell before coming to Riverdale. I have heard this players parents comment the reason they MOVED from Indy to Riverdale was because they thought so highy of coach Maxwell. Why the fall out and why so ugly? I still think coach Maxwell knows her stuff and to me the accusations are reaching. Maybe a little much, ya think?

This is what I've heard also. The disgruntled parents/player transferred from Independence to Riverdale.

Well - it was on the TV - has to be true!

Just an observation. It seems that we have a lot of folks stalking, given the amount of knowledge on what parents and players are doing that is being given out on this board. I doubt that a coach would willing violate a TSSAA rule. That is why most coaches don't participate in the foriegn student exchange program. " Hey, great to meet you. I'm glad that you averaged 30.2 points, 17 rebounds and 15 assists per game in the East Ubekastan Youth League last year. Remember the doorways here in the states are 6'8" so don't bump your head. Sorry you cant play ball for me. Have you considered playing baseball, football or wrestling as a sport?"

http://dnj.com/article/20090114/SPORTS/90114066/1006

the people who turned her in are the parents of a girl that was kicked off the team

so the parents or just trying to mess with the coach

The girl was NOT kicked off the team. She had a hissy fit and QUIT when she lost her starting position to a better player.

I have to admit y'all are almost as fun to watch as Football fans. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Mention R'dale and most already assume we are guilty. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

The girl was NOT kicked off the team. She had a hissy fit and QUIT when she lost her starting position to a better player.

I have to admit y'all are almost as fun to watch as Football fans. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Mention R'dale and most already assume we are guilty. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

HISSY FIT: The temper tantrum thrown by any kid from a certain Tennessee county when they don't get what they want and mommy and daddy can't buy it for them. Or more likely the case, the temper tantrum thrown by mommy and daddy when they can't manipulate what they want for said princess with buttery terms and offers of financial backing for business ventures or great big fundraising efforts. The second part of the definition seems to be true more often than the first.

Rutherford county - Let me introduce you to your neighbors! A little bit of our madness up and moved (yes up and moved) itself to your backyard.

My momma always said that a lie can make its way around the world before the truth even gets out of bed! We sit and watch movies and television shows about caring coaches that go the extra mile for kids and we wonder why we don't have coaches like that in "real life". THIS IS WHY. I hope that when this is all said and done that some lawyer will take this case pro-bono and make an example out of some folks.

HISSY FIT: The temper tantrum thrown by any kid from a certain Tennessee county when they don't get what they want and mommy and daddy can't buy it for them. Or more likely the case, the temper tantrum thrown by mommy and daddy when they can't manipulate what they want for said princess with buttery terms and offers of financial backing for business ventures or great big fundraising efforts. The second part of the definition seems to be true more often than the first.

Rutherford county - Let me introduce you to your neighbors! A little bit of our madness up and moved (yes up and moved) itself to your backyard.

My momma always said that a lie can make its way around the world before the truth even gets out of bed! We sit and watch movies and television shows about caring coaches that go the extra mile for kids and we wonder why we don't have coaches like that in "real life". THIS IS WHY. I hope that when this is all said and done that some lawyer will take this case pro-bono and make an example out of some folks.

Your momma is a wise woman!

There is one lawyer here in town that was a lady basketball player that likes Bball coaches that would likely take it and SHE is a shark in the courtroom!

I am not making any judgements one way or the other until the investigation is at least done by the TSSAA.

Unless one knows the facts, it seems to me that assuming that the parents of the former player are guilty of wrongdoing or the coach is guilty of wrongdoing is the same assumption. One is no better than the other. Isn't it funny how one assumes toward the direction they want the outcome to be. Time will tell. I find it hard to believe that parents would go to this degree to harm a coach with baseless allegations. I also find it hard to believe that a good coach would willfully violate rules as well. But as we all know, we have seen stranger things. Lets hope the truth comes clear and that as little damage to the innocent occurs as possible. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well said.

WOW i do not know where to begin with all the incorrect information in this thread so i will do a little at a time

1. there were only 2 transfers from independence and not 3

2. 1 transfer has quit the team as she did not make the starting line up and her playing time was limited so instead of continuing to be on the team and struggling with a foot injury that never would heal right she quit and she lived with her parents in the inns brooke condos i think they told me but i forgot

3. Jaclisas parents and grandmother is at every game so if they are driving from the independence area to watch their child play they would do better just moving here

4. I personally talked to one of the parents and they came because of how much they liked coach Maxwell and well she did with the players so they chose to move her and it was their daighters CHOICE they told me that their daughter went to them and wanted to come to RIVERDALE with coach maxwell I do not know if coach maxwell asked her first or if she approached coach maxwell first and that will be hard to prove either way so i am going to trust that it was done the right way

5. mjuhb you are usually right on with the way things go but in this case you are inaccurate...a parent can go to the coach and talk to the coach and the coach can sell his or her school BUT the coach can not approach the student or parent if they are not in their zone

6. as far as the open house it is perfectly legal to invite feeder schools for a open house and show the facilites it is up to the child if they come if my kids were given a chance to go to oaklands open house my kids wouldnt go

7. the only thing that is really going to come out of this is a 4 page thread on coach T