Did Riverdale cheat?

MIDTN

Depending on how much TSSAA really looks into this, they could find a whole lot of interesting things regarding this situation and the coach. Or it could be swept under the rug.

keep, you seem to know a lot about this from way down in Memphis. How about telling this forum what you know and how you know it. At the same time, with 38 posts you might have other information and also wonder if you would join coachT as a plus member and be able to share other things about this situation and the coach. the cost is only $24 and will give you a year round opportunity on any board to spill the beans. You would have to register with coachT to do it and maybe defend what you say. And then we will see who is sweeping something under the rug.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keep, you seem to know a lot about this from way down in Memphis. How about telling this forum what you know and how you know it. At the same time, with 38 posts you might have other information and also wonder if you would join coachT as a plus member and be able to share other things about this situation and the coach. the cost is only $24 and will give you a year round opportunity on any board to spill the beans. You would have to register with coachT to do it and maybe defend what you say. And then we will see who is sweeping something under the rug.

So you upset that I may know enough about the situation to know there may be fire with the smoke, or you peddling memberships? There are plenty of people who know about this situation, you may be one of them for all i know. And all I'm saying, as I said in my original post, is there are a lot of dynamics in play in this situation with this coach and player and others with an interest. Don't shoot the messenger, it is what it is, and if no rules were broken then nothing will come of it. Not my place to play investigator, that's what Ronnie and the boys get paid to do.....

T.V. news at six last night reported that the TSSAA is looking into a report that Riverdale's two new transfers are living with thier coach. All three came from Independence last year. For those of you who have never dealt with the TSSAA, that means someone has dropped hard facts in thier lap and they are searching for the spine needed to act on them. If true, I hate it for the players who belong at Riverdale. If not, the TSSAA sould clear that team ASAP. Delay hurts all involved.http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=9677284

To Whom May Concern,

If you have the transfer of a coach by the name of Gary Patterson then you can move players around as you PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's as simple as ABC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! What's the big deal? This has been going on for years and it STINKS. Kids have been transferring to schools and coaches have been recruiting since sports came into existence. Who wouldn't want to play on a victorious team or for a victorious coach. This could be why some school are over crowded. If the schools/ TSAA, etc... would dig a little deeper I'm sure 20% or more are not zone for were they attend.

Also, what are we teaching our kids: If I don??™t like my coach transfer, If I don??™t start for my team transfer, our team hasn??™t done well its time to go. THIS ISN???T HOW THE REAL WORLD WORKS. **If you are an athlete with great talent, who wouldn??™t want to see you perform. If we are worried about athletic scholarships, colleges would travel the blue sea to see someone with great talent.

But how can we stop these over zealous parents and bratty children who think the world revolves around them. Here is a few ideals:

If a athlete transfer to a new school without probably cause they shouldn??™t be eligible to play that season.

If a student hasn??™t lived in that zone for 6 mths, put them on probation and if they move again within that year, student would become ineligible for a year.

And if a coach/student violates the TSAA/school rules, the coach should be fired and the student not permitted to play period

This is the kind of stuff that happens in the real world.

And talking about another thing that gets my goat- ???POLITIC??? kids- who are on the team and playing because of who they know, not according to their ability to play the game. BUT THAT??™S ANOTHER TOPIC

Wow! What's the big deal? This has been going on for years and it STINKS. Kids have been transferring to schools and coaches have been recruiting since sports came into existence. Who wouldn't want to play on a victorious team or for a victorious coach. This could be why some school are over crowded. If the schools/ TSAA, etc... would dig a little deeper I'm sure 20% or more are not zone for were they attend.

Also, what are we teaching our kids: If I don??™t like my coach transfer, If I don??™t start for my team transfer, our team hasn??™t done well its time to go. THIS ISN???T HOW THE REAL WORLD WORKS. **If you are an athlete with great talent, who wouldn??™t want to see you perform. If we are worried about athletic scholarships, colleges would travel the blue sea to see someone with great talent.

But how can we stop these over zealous parents and bratty children who think the world revolves around them. Here is a few ideals:

If a athlete transfer to a new school without probably cause they shouldn??™t be eligible to play that season.

If a student hasn??™t lived in that zone for 6 mths, put them on probation and if they move again within that year, student would become ineligible for a year.

And if a coach/student violates the TSAA/school rules, the coach should be fired and the student not permitted to play period

This is the kind of stuff that happens in the real world.

And talking about another thing that gets my goat- ???POLITIC??? kids- who are on the team and playing because of who they know, not according to their ability to play the game. BUT THAT??™S ANOTHER TOPIC

BB....Welcome to coachT. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Recruiting is nothing new in middle Tn. girls basketball and the TSSAA will not do anything about it if those schools cheating can help them make a buck. Might as well move on because it happens too often to worry about it. Just allow everyone to recruit and it will as least be fair for everyone. Under the current rules only the honest people are penalized. Same goes for teams practicing before the set times.

Did Riverdale tip it's hand by holding a player out of last night's game? The rule is clear. So if you know for sure that you're in the clear, why the need to hold the player out? Could it be that when pressed the parents could not prove they had vacated thier old house in accordance with the rule? I read a lot on this thread about people "knowing that she moved". But, by rule, her parents could have moved and still broken the rule. Believe it or not most coaches and ADs don't know that. You have to cut all ties at the old house. This separates the legit relocations from basketball moves. You can't back track and change utility records. No principal or coach wants to deny a player from playing in a game that they are ok to play in. But once there is a question, if they can't prove that they are in compliance and they are allowed to play, the principal is on the hook. Stay tuned.

So you upset that I may know enough about the situation to know there may be fire with the smoke, or you peddling memberships? There are plenty of people who know about this situation, you may be one of them for all i know. And all I'm saying, as I said in my original post, is there are a lot of dynamics in play in this situation with this coach and player and others with an interest. Don't shoot the messenger, it is what it is, and if no rules were broken then nothing will come of it. Not my place to play investigator, that's what Ronnie and the boys get paid to do.....

No, I'm not upset but I do know you don't know enough about the situation, if anything, to make any comment such as this. Enough people should know something about the players transferring as it has been on here since June of last year. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to read but it take an extraordinary short sighted person to make accusations or even insinuate when nothing has been proved. maybe you need to contact RC and give him your evidence from Memphis or knoxville.. There is no dynamics only "may be fire" abd "not my place to be an investigator". And with a poster who has two posts and has suddenly made himself an expert on the matter.

Yep. Big stories like this one always brings out a couple of new posters.

Yep, when you get to checking around and seeing all of the connections between everyone all over the state, it is impossible not to find things that look unusual and then here comes all of the experts with data. And to believe that the coaches in the high schools are not connected with a lot of people, is to believe something that is not true. And while he has disappeared from the scene, RI at one time was in the middle of it.