Sportsmanship Award --- Week 1

Chakra20

I would like to start a thread each week with people posting their experiences On Friday Nights. Either what you witness on the field or off the field. I have heard of CPA's fans Collinwoods fans Team meals before games etc...

Share some more even stories from the past but id like to know more about experience on a week to week basis. You players jump in here to. :D:(:(

[Edited by Chakra20 on 8-28-02 4:49P]

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a great experience at the BHS/BA game held at Brentwood H/S. It was packed. (We had to stand in line 15 minutes for tickets). The stadium has just been refurbished and looks great. While both schools were well represented, there were a lot of people there just to see some good football. BHS has a great band and put on an impressive half time show. :)

Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

Great idea Chakra!!!

Let's go one step further. If you go to a game were the team and coaches show great sportsmanship write about it each week. At the end of week 10 lets all vote on who we think is the school that has shown the best sportmanship throughout the season. Who ever wins, we can post the schools address, and send one dollar(I know its alot of money) to the head football coach to be spent on the team for pizza or some type of meal. Surely we 50 - 100 people to do this.

Give me your thoughts. :):):)

Posted by HOTHEAD:
Posted by VolunteerGeneral:

Great idea Chakra!!!

Let's go one step further. If you go to a game were the team and coaches show great sportsmanship write about it each week. At the end of week 10 lets all vote on who we think is the school that has shown the best sportmanship throughout the season. Who ever wins, we can post the schools address, and send one dollar(I know its alot of money) to the head football coach to be spent on the team for pizza or some type of meal. Surely we 50 - 100 people to do this.

Give me your thoughts. :):):)

Hey thats a great idea for just a pizza party even though at the same time i dont think sportsmanship necassarily needs to be rewarded. In this case though i would make an exception, because ive seen some great things over the year.

This is one im gonna mention from a few years back. My mother was at a game of mine we where playing Gatlinburg-Pittman as she was exiting the stands she tripped and really busted up her knee. Two GP fathers where there to help her make sure she was ok and actually carried her to the ambulance to get looked at. That was a great thing even though i only heard about it. By the end of the game we were getting blown out i thought she had just left until one of the men came to me and was yelin #72 and told me all about what happened.

Heritage players showed good sportsmanship when they beat Maryville in 1999. My nephew was the Maryville quarterback that year and got hurt at the end of the game. He suffered a concussion. I remember a lot of Heritage players standing next to the ambulance that took my nephew to the hospital.

Those players were very concerned about my nephew. That was class all the way.

Guest caligula
Posted by REBELRON:

Heritage players showed good sportsmanship when they beat Maryville in 1999. My nephew was the Maryville quarterback that year and got hurt at the end of the game. He suffered a concussion. I remember a lot of Heritage players standing next to the ambulance that took my nephew to the hospital.

Those players were very concerned about my nephew. That was class all the way.