Hampton v/s District 1 (A)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(2) More regular season games left:

Friday night the 13th, Hampton @ Cloudland *which is basicly for braging right's being that the conf. title all ready belongs to the Bulldogs. It probally means much more for the Highlanders. Still a BIG RIVAL GAME, and a BIG crowd should be on hand.

Monday night the 16th, University High @ Hampton* Senior night at Vanhuss-White Gym. The Bulldogs should be fired to get a (W) for the vets. and nothings like keeping the MoJo and entering in the tournaments in winning fashion. But you can be sure that the Jr. Bucs will have upset on their minds.

Good Luck, Go Bulldogs, God Bless!!!

? Is it true that it has been (15) years since Hampton has won the coference in B-Ball?

Some one told me that, and I can't believe it!

Unfortunately, it's true. 1994 was the last year Hampton won a conference title, and that was in AA. That season they finished the regular season 19-9, had to play a first round game at Elizabethton against Chuckey-Doak and lost. There were like 9-10 seniors on that team with only one player on varsity back the next season, so it's been a long road back. Finally, the players can celebrate a conference title at Hampton. It's been WAY TOO LONG.

The Dawgs are now officially CONFERENCE CHAMPS behind Ward's 25 points and Hughes' 19!!!!

Great job Dawgs. They are really starting to come together. Lipford, Ward, Hughes, and Jones are doing a great job they just need to keep the hammer down. Not taking anything away from the guards, but my hat goes off to the post players. Hill is playing good, he is starting to look like a junior instead of a sophmore. Andrews is also playing better, at the Unaka game he came in and did his job, not to mention he was in extreme pain. This team will go as far as Hill and Andrews takes them. Down the road teams are going to start stopping our guards (they have to that is the only way that they will have a chance to win) and it is up to Hill and Andrews to step up and play like everybody knows they can.

Play for the name on the front of the jersey, not the name on the back!

DAWG FOR LIFE!!!!!

I hear you man! It seems like the past few years we beat them both times in the reg. season and we get upset in the tourney's.

The good thing is 3 out 4 WVC games are at home. which means "correct me if i'm wrong", that if the Bulldogs win out their home games then they win the confrence. Regardless of the game on Friday the 13th @ Cloudland.

BIG snow coming! Everybody stay warm. God Bless!!

for the past two years Hampton and Cloudland have flip flopped the season games. We also flip flopped the Post season games. Cloudland beat us the first game of the year last year and we beat them in the second game of the year. they also beat us in the first round of the district and we beat them in the regional. I am hoping that the dogs play good friday night, but it is hard for a team to beat someone 3 or 4 times a year.

for the past two years Hampton and Cloudland have flip flopped the season games. We also flip flopped the Post season games. Cloudland beat us the first game of the year last year and we beat them in the second game of the year. they also beat us in the first round of the district and we beat them in the regional. I am hoping that the dogs play good friday night, but it is hard for a team to beat someone 3 or 4 times a year.

Cloudland has beat the Dawgs 5 of the last 6 games in tournament play. But at this point, I'm more worried about facing Unaka for the 4th or 5th time especially with the way they've been playing...

A couple of great moves by Ned going to the matchup zone and the triangle and 2. It definately caught the Dawgs by suprise and took them off their game. I'm a little suprised that Ned showed this to Hampton tonight and didn't wait until the tournaments. Now the Bulldogs can be prepared for what the Landers are going to throw at them. Very good performance by the Landers. They showed alot of heart especially after the stuff they've been through in the past week...

I've been on Hill's bandwagon since the beginning of the year when everyone on here was bashing him. But I think it was obvious what the coaches were doing last night. Cloudland ran that 5 guard lineup and it created huge mismatches. When the Dawgs were in the 1-3-1 in the first half, Cloudland hit 8 3's. If Hampton would have stayed in the 1-3-1, they would have gotten beat by 30. It forced White to go to the man defense. And Logan and Hill simply can't guard any of the guards that the Landers had on the floor. It's nothing against Andrews or Hill, it's just the truth. Hill has played a ton of minutes all year especially for a sophmore. There are some games where he NEVER came out. If he does this on a team that could be one of the best ever at the school just because he sat for 2 quarters, he will regret it the rest of his life. He will always wonder "what if" and know deep down that this team could have been something special...

I've been on Hill's bandwagon since the beginning of the year when everyone on here was bashing him. But I think it was obvious what the coaches were doing last night. Cloudland ran that 5 guard lineup and it created huge mismatches. When the Dawgs were in the 1-3-1 in the first half, Cloudland hit 8 3's. If Hampton would have stayed in the 1-3-1, they would have gotten beat by 30. It forced White to go to the man defense. And Logan and Hill simply can't guard any of the guards that the Landers had on the floor. It's nothing against Andrews or Hill, it's just the truth. Hill has played a ton of minutes all year especially for a sophmore. There are some games where he NEVER came out. If he does this on a team that could be one of the best ever at the school just because he sat for 2 quarters, he will regret it the rest of his life. He will always wonder "what if" and know deep down that this team could have been something special...

This team or any team for that matter isn't going to be special with poor old JERRY WHITE as coach! The game has passed him up so long ago. For a coach to believe that a 1-3-1 defense is the way to go should tell you Bulldog fans something. I will have to say that the Bulldog has to have a lot of talent to have won 17 games this year despite the poor coaching they have gotten. They don't even have a post game but why should a post want to go to Hampton, it is only a 2 guard offensive show! I'v heard that numerous players on the team want to just quit and get away from the verbal abuse from White and Matheson. Maybe Hampton should just keep "predictable White and company" they are going to be easier to beat down the road.