Hampton v/s District 1 (A)

I guess the answer to the question in the topic title is no. And in fact it puts the dogs on a two game skid, their confidence level busted, and very vulnerable in the tournament. A few parents and fans have devoured this team. What a shame. What is worse is they let the same program who belittled our community during the flood of 1998 come on to their home floor and beat them on senior night. I hate ETSU and everything on that campus.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the answer to the question in the topic title is no. And in fact it puts the dogs on a two game skid, their confidence level busted, and very vulnerable in the tournament. A few parents and fans have devoured this team. What a shame. What is worse is they let the same program who belittled our community during the flood of 1998 come on to their home floor and beat them on senior night. I hate ETSU and everything on that campus.

Good call on the two game skid.

Better call on ETSU and the Bucs.

The best call, of course, is the Dogs being in a vulnerable state and the devouring (nice choice of words, by the way) of the team.

Last, but not least, I'll make a better call. Go Rangers.

Good call on the two game skid.

The best call, of course, is the Dogs being in a vulnerable state and the devouring (nice choice of words, by the way) of the team.

Hopefully the Dawgs can get it turned around before the Regional semi's when it's really gonna matter. Last night, it just seemed like everything that could go wrong, went wrong...

And that is exactly why I phrased my comments the way I did, Vader. I've read every last word of this thread and I just wanted listed somewhere on here the 'correct' way to take action against a coach behaving inappropiately-- IF THAT WAS ACTUALLY THE CASE. You follow me /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I've been to more games than I care to count, and I do know whats going on. IT IS ACTUALLY THE CASE.

I've been to more games than I care to count, and I do know whats going on. IT IS ACTUALLY THE CASE.

Dr Enuf.....You really do not know what you are talking about so please quit posting garbage and lies. These coaches do NOT cuss their players, PERIOD. I'm not saying they have never said a cuss word because they might. I have never even heard that much though. These coaches do know what they are doing and have done a better job than any coaching staff around and that includes Ned Smith, and I know Ned and he is a great coach. Jacob Jones' Dad is a preacher and I really don't think he would allow his son to play on a team that has coaches who cuss the players. If you do not know the whole situation, Dr Enuf, if it better to just keep your mouth shut.

No team ball at Hampton right now ! Its hard to win with a HOTDOG trying to pad stats !!! And Im not talking about Ward. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

More jealousy... He should have been selfish at Cloudland and taken the last shot in OT instead of looking to dish it off. If he takes that shot, the Dawgs probably win. Decisions like that make me worry that these idiots on coacht are getting in his head some. I didn't hear anybody complaining last week when he was making Happy Valley look stupid and carrying Hampton against Unaka which is the best performance from a Hampton player that I've ever seen. I wish everyone wanted to win as badly as him, Jones, and Ward do. They would not lose a game...

liar...

More jealousy... He should have been selfish at Cloudland and taken the last shot in OT instead of looking to dish it off. If he takes that shot, the Dawgs probably win. Decisions like that make me worry that these idiots on coacht are getting in his head some. I didn't hear anybody complaining last week when he was making Happy Valley look stupid and carrying Hampton against Unaka which is the best performance from a Hampton player that I've ever seen. I wish everyone wanted to win as badly as him, Jones, and Ward do. They would not lose a game...

liar...

Vader, it just gives more credence to these twits to reply to their crap. I've seen and heard parents in the stands, and I think jealousy is a major factor here. Most parents, by a LARGE majority, are happy with how well the team has done this year. I htink too much pressure was put on Hill, and finally it went overboard. I'm thrilled more than I can say to have players of the caliber of Hughes and Ward at Hampton, as would any school in Carter County. It's a shame that there are fans and some parents that want to tear it all down just as it's starting to get good. If some patience had been shown to Hill (outside the coaching staff) he'd probably still be on the team and we wouldn't be having this conversation. Apparently some people don't seem to realize that this is what happened at Unaka, and look how long it's taking them to get back anywhere near where they were. Hats off to them, they've got it going in the right direction. If Buck VanHuss were to reappear at Hampton and take the reins again, there would be some people against it for sure. For some reason, they don't like good times. Go figure.

No team ball at Hampton right now ! Its hard to win with a HOTDOG trying to pad stats !!! And Im not talking about Ward. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

JEALOUSY!!!!! Thats all it is so if ur gonna come on here and bad mouth a 16 year old kid i suggest u just keep ur mouth shut! it's so called fans like u that are causing the problems at hampton not the coaches or players!

I just heard about Hill leaving the Hampton program, it's sad that feelings were hurt and Hampton lost a very fine young man in Hill.They also have other fine kids in that program and Jerry White is a good man,maybe,JUST MAYBE, time has passed him by like we all know it has another very fine man who has done so much for HV basketball. I just wish that all coaches,preachers,teachers,doctors etc... would realize there is a time to hang it up!

As a proud Cyclone fan, I would love to see Hill come to Betsy and continue his playing career and for you HV fans, I'm not recruiting him, just saying we would love to have him on a team next year that will lack big men inside. Hill could be a fine addition to Coach Streets team next year. He attended TA Dugger and knows most of the EHS kids and is friends with them. Come on HOME DYLAN! #44 will be open next year!

I wish ALL carter County teams well.

I just heard about Hill leaving the Hampton program, it's sad that feelings were hurt and Hampton lost a very fine young man in Hill.They also have other fine kids in that program and Jerry White is a good man,maybe,JUST MAYBE, time has passed him by like we all know it has another very fine man who has done so much for HV basketball. I just wish that all coaches,preachers,teachers,doctors etc... would realize there is a time to hang it up!

As a proud Cyclone fan, I would love to see Hill come to Betsy and continue his playing career and for you HV fans, I'm not recruiting him, just saying we would love to have him on a team next year that will lack big men inside. Hill could be a fine addition to Coach Streets team next year. He attended TA Dugger and knows most of the EHS kids and is friends with them. Come on HOME DYLAN! #44 will be open next year!

I wish ALL carter County teams well.

I think that Dylan is more interested in coming to Cloudland right now. A former great athlete I happen to be close to is supposed to talk to Dylan about how things are done at Cloudland. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />