Hampton v/s District 1 (A)

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest mistakes that have been made are the ones the coaches have made in the way they curse the players. These coaches should set good examples for these young men. The kids do deserve better.

We are not a youth club team here and if a kid can??™t handle language that??™s way more censored than what he uses himself he needs to change his diaper and head to the house. These kids have good coaches and they are having a great season. If this is all you have to complain about don??™t make everyone sit here and read this crap that isn??™t relevant. Instead, just pop in a Disney DVD (one with no cursing of course) and let us talk about big boy things that actually matter on here.

I wish he would have slapped the Cloudland players in the head when they were stripping the ball from him in the post...

The family members of the player in question jumped the Dawgs coaching staff as they exited the locker room...

First of all, this is to anyone and everyone who has been trash talking certain players. You have no clue what you are talking about. He is the most unselfish person i have ever known. He cares a great deal about the game of basketball, and has went from the freshman team to starting on varsity and i feel that is very comendable. For those of you who doesn't know the WHOLE story, it was not about the Cloudland/Hampton game!!! Those of you who don't know the story need to keep your big mouths shut!!! It is over and done!!! I also want to say that NOBODY jumped ANYBODY, It was blown way out of proportion. Those family members you are talking about did not jump anybody!!! Don't take my word for it ask the coaching staff as always, People are always starting drama running their mouths when they have no clue what they are talking about!!! Quiet Frankly, IM SICK OF IT & ALL THE BULLDOG DRAMA!!!!

First of all, this is to anyone and everyone who has been trash talking certain players. You have no clue what you are talking about. He is the most unselfish person i have ever known. He cares a great deal about the game of basketball, and has went from the freshman team to starting on varsity and i feel that is very comendable. For those of you who doesn't know the WHOLE story, it was not about the Cloudland/Hampton game!!! Those of you who don't know the story need to keep your big mouths shut!!! It is over and done!!! I also want to say that NOBODY jumped ANYBODY, It was blown way out of proportion. Those family members you are talking about did not jump anybody!!! Don't take my word for it ask the coaching staff as always, People are always starting drama running their mouths when they have no clue what they are talking about!!! Quiet Frankly, IM SICK OF IT & ALL THE BULLDOG DRAMA!!!!

I agree with you wholeheartedly. It makes me furious that people get on here and trash Ward and Hughes. It makes me sick that people are so jealous of those 2 players.. I do know THE WHOLE STORY. Like you said, he has went from the freshmen team to starting varsity and that is commendable. I have had a higher opinion of Dylan this year than almost anyone that I know of. But he has absolutely NOTHING to complain about. He has been on the floor all year long, probably getting 25 minutes a game. The one game he doesn't play as much, he quits. I just can't see the logic behind this decision. Logan Andrews is a junior and played on the varsity last year, but you don't see him making a big deal out of coming off the bench or setting for the 3rd and 4th quarter last night... 4 people waiting outside of a locker room, then as soon as the coaching staff walks out, they start saying crap to the coaches, is definitely called "jumping." I have talked to the coaching staff and their stories are different from yours. Heck, even zAZa90 was talking about how sad it was to watch that crap after the game and he is from Cloudland. If you think Ned or Carp or even Minton will be easier on Dylan than Matheson and White you are mistaken. These Hampton players don't know how easy they have it right now compared to what Unaka and Cloudland players go through. If a player would have told Ned or Coach Tolley that they "didn't want to go back in the game" they would have been sent to the locker room right then and that would have been the end of their career...

You are right once again. People are always starting drama about Hampton because they have no clue what they are talking about. Hopefully the coaches will not pay attention to any of these people. I just want the coaches, Hughes, Ward, Jones, Andrews, Lipford, Roberson, Berry, TJ Lyons, and the rest of the Hampton players to know that the true Dawgs fans are still behind them 100% and we are all proud of what they have accomplished this year. The first conference championship in 15 years is something to be very proud of. If you all keep working hard and don't let this crap get in your head, you all will do big things. You all are a special team...

This is what I've been posting about. I don't think it's their coaching ability, it's their language. If you want respect from your players, try respecting them. I'll say it again, as a parent, I don't think that I can let my son play for coaches that use this kind of language.

The coaches do not cuss the players like you are implying. What you are saying is just a flat out lie. If you don't want your son to be a Bulldog that is fine with me, you'll just be one less mouth. It's pathetic to hear some parents at Hampton whining and crying because their little babies can't handle someone telling them they're not perfect. But if a kid wants to learn how to play the game and be a winner, they should come to Hampton because the Dawgs have 2 of the best. Coach Tolley has done great things with this girl's team and won a few championships at the middle school level, led a team to state runner-up as a player, is still to this day the only player to ever win the MVP of the State Tournament while being on the losing team, and he's the smartest coach that I've ever seen. You don't even realize how good of a coach he is until you play for someone else. Coach White is a TSSAA Hall of Fame coach, won a state championship as a player, earned the only major D-1 scholarship that a Hampton player has ever received (that I know of) which was to the University of South Carolina, and he learned the game of basketball from one of the best coaches in high school basbetball history and Tennessee's All-Time Winningest coach, Buck Vanhuss. I sure hope that Buck cannot see what is happening to the school that he built and the way his school's coaches are being treated because he is probably rolling over in his grave...

Vader is right on the money. People from the Creek are reading this and laughing and are chomping at the bit to take advantage of the situation in the tournament. Don't get these boys unfocused!! I want to see the Rangers crying at the end of the tournament, not hoisting a trophy. Get it together!! The time has come to confront the challenge that faces us in this tournament!!

Vader is right on the money. People from the Creek are reading this and laughing and are chomping at the bit to take advantage of the situation in the tournament. Don't get these boys unfocused!! I want to see the Rangers crying at the end of the tournament, not hoisting a trophy. Get it together!! The time has come to confront the challenge that faces us in this tournament!!

I couldn??™t agree with you more. Cloudland is doing the things that they need to do to get ready for the tourney and we need to do the same. It doesn??™t matter who is or is not out there we are still the conference champions, and we can still reach all of our goals, including reaching the state tournament. We really need to pull together and support these boys that have worked really hard for the success they have achieved this year and block out these people who are just on here trying to tear them apart. Come on boys it??™s time to step up make a statement and show people what Hampton Basketball is all about.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no one i trying to tear the hampton team apart. what happend friday night was simply one family of many family's sick hampton B.S., and oh yeah these coaches are legends. .. LOL!!!!!!!!

Last year before this season started, I over heard Mike M. asst. coach of hampton: Brag about how when the king coach called about J. Bentley he told him to go somewhere else and the Bentley was lazy and the exact word's were barely a basketball player. Yeah thats a great coach. LOL.

And no, I'm not out of my mind. People all year have said during the game and after, in the stands and in other places, whay can't they get Hill the ball. Instead of even trying or even looking they take it in and make one of the toughest shot there are to make with three people on them. All this while Hillhad been wide open, That is the truth. every thing I said in this post is the truth. And anybody who knows anything at all about the situation orhave bee to any of the games this year knows it is th TRUTH.

but like I keep saying it's over don't cry know.

Good luck to all carter county teams this year.

oh yeah....I'm very sure that Ned, .... would love to have the 6'6'' Hill whereing the Blue and Gold next year.

God Bless

Like you said, it's over. Quit crying. The Bulldogs have moved on and are preparing for the tournaments. This is an old issue. Nobody cares about it anymore. Logan and Billy will step up and be solid players from here on out. The way Logan has been playing here lately, we shouldn't see much of a drop off at all, if any. Hampton still has a great shot at continuing an awesome year and advancing to the state tournament. They just need to rally around each other right now. I really expect the Dawgs to come out jacked up out of their minds tomorrow against University High...

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!

no one i trying to tear the hampton team apart. what happend friday night was simply one family of many family's sick hampton B.S., and oh yeah these coaches are legends. .. LOL!!!!!!!!

Last year before this season started, I over heard Mike M. asst. coach of hampton: Brag about how when the king coach called about J. Bentley he told him to go somewhere else and the Bentley was lazy and the exact word's were barely a basketball player. Yeah thats a great coach. LOL.

And no, I'm not out of my mind. People all year have said during the game and after, in the stands and in other places, whay can't they get Hill the ball. Instead of even trying or even looking they take it in and make one of the toughest shot there are to make with three people on them. All this while Hillhad been wide open, That is the truth. every thing I said in this post is the truth. And anybody who knows anything at all about the situation orhave bee to any of the games this year knows it is th TRUTH.

but like I keep saying it's over don't cry know.

Good luck to all carter county teams this year.

oh yeah....I'm very sure that Ned, .... would love to have the 6'6'' Hill whereing the Blue and Gold next year.

God Bless

Please don??™t attend another Hampton Sporting event because you can??™t support what written across the front of the jersey and that??™s HAMPTON. You can??™t be for certain players and be against our coaches you have to be for the whole team and staff and you obviously don??™t understand that. You just get on here and try to tear certain players down and it??™s getting ridiculous. Be a real fan and support this team when they need it the most and that??™s down the stretch when they are trying to get to the state tournament. The Hill situation is over. He will be fine where ever he goes and we have to move on and we will. So stop your finger pointing and complaining there??™s no room for that crap in Bulldog Country.

GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!

I was told by a player that coach white told Hill at halftime he might not play the second half because they were gonna go man and hill couldnt match up with anybody from cloudland, they would have beat him off the dribble all night. and im not even sure that Hill wanted to quit, i think his family pressured him into it, and if thats true its very sad because he has played more as a sophmore than alot of people have there whole career. these parents have to realize that there son isnt a baby anymore and they need to quit treating him like one. what is he going to do when Ned sits him on the bench? do u not think they get on there players at cloudland? he better grow up quick and learn how to take a butt chewing or he wont be able to play anywhere.

I was told by a player that coach white told Hill at halftime he might not play the second half because they were gonna go man and hill couldnt match up with anybody from cloudland, they would have beat him off the dribble all night. and im not even sure that Hill wanted to quit, i think his family pressured him into it, and if thats true its very sad because he has played more as a sophmore than alot of people have there whole career. these parents have to realize that there son isnt a baby anymore and they need to quit treating him like one. what is he going to do when Ned sits him on the bench? do u not think they get on there players at cloudland? he better grow up quick and learn how to take a butt chewing or he wont be able to play anywhere.

I have yet to see Coach Smith curse one of his players and he seens to do just fine. Coach Smith is a good Coach and role model for his players. He is a true class act, and yes he still gets on and pushes his players to be their best.