Hampton v/s District 1 (A)

This team or any team for that matter isn't going to be special with poor old JERRY WHITE as coach! The game has passed him up so long ago. For a coach to believe that a 1-3-1 defense is the way to go should tell you Bulldog fans something. I will have to say that the Bulldog has to have a lot of talent to have won 17 games this year despite the poor coaching they have gotten. They don't even have a post game but why should a post want to go to Hampton, it is only a 2 guard offensive show! I'v heard that numerous players on the team want to just quit and get away from the verbal abuse from White and Matheson. Maybe Hampton should just keep "predictable White and company" they are going to be easier to beat down the road.

AMEN!!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I stated in one of my previous posts. I have only seen Hampton play a couple of times and that was against Sullivan South and Tennessee High.

Why wouldnt you run a matchup zone or triangle in 2 this early????? if your going to practice it why not against the opponent you are going to be running it against down the road. Thats common now these day's and matchup zone in a little gym like that is probably one of the most affective defenses out there. Thats if you know how to run it right.

And you might as well be ready for the triangle in 2 my friend teams know you have no other players that make a difference offensively and they are going to expose them pretty quick.

Like I stated in one of my previous posts. I have only seen Hampton play a couple of times and that was against Sullivan South and Tennessee High.

Why wouldnt you run a matchup zone or triangle in 2 this early????? if your going to practice it why not against the opponent you are going to be running it against down the road. Thats common now these day's and matchup zone in a little gym like that is probably one of the most affective defenses out there. Thats if you know how to run it right.

And you might as well be ready for the triangle in 2 my friend teams know you have no other players that make a difference offensively and they are going to expose them pretty quick.

I get what you are saying man. But the game last night was meaningless. Hampton should still win the conference by 2 games. If Ned waits and throws those defenses at Hampton in the District or Regional, he may find himself winning those championships and sending the Dawgs to the house early. Now he has already showed his hand and has given Hampton a week to prepare for it. But I am positive Ned has a reason for doing it. He has sent Hampton to the house too many times not to know what he is doing...

Hampton does have other players that make a difference offensively. Jacob Jones always gets 8-12 a game and Dustin Roberson had close to 20 last night. Hampton had some open shots last night. They just couldn't knock them down. Like you said about the small floor, there are just so many factors that makes it VERY difficult to go to Cloudland and get a win...

What would you have done?

The Truth is the Truth.

Well to put it short Hampton beat Cloudland the first time by 10, Hill played all game. period

Like I said at the end of the game last night, when a team has no one on the inside to guard your post, and you don't use him and take him out right after he scored 4 points consecutively and easily, sit him down for two qrts, and then have the nerve to put him in to get the tip in overtime. LOL like said previously it is a two guard system that lets #5, #13, and others throw up anything miss alot and nothing is said. but when Hill messes up one time he gets the freakin pine. UNFAIR bottom line. and he will do awesome for any other team next year and I can't wait .

Good luck to the bulldogs, becuase with the way they are lead and the system they run, They'll need it!!!

God Bless!!!

All last night showed was that Hill thinks only of himself and not the team. He has not been mistreated by the coaches, in retrospect the coaches have been mistreated by you so called fans all season and all they have done is take a team of mostly sophomores and win the conference. This is probably the best thing that could happen for the TEAM and I pity whatever school he goes to next.

The Truth is the Truth.

Well to put it short Hampton beat Cloudland the first time by 10, Hill played all game. period

Like I said at the end of the game last night, when a team has no one on the inside to guard your post, and you don't use him and take him out right after he scored 4 points consecutively and easily, sit him down for two qrts, and then have the nerve to put him in to get the tip in overtime. LOL like said previously it is a two guard system that lets #5, #13, and others throw up anything miss alot and nothing is said. but when Hill messes up one time he gets the freakin pine. UNFAIR bottom line. and he will do awesome for any other team next year and I can't wait .

Good luck to the bulldogs, becuase with the way they are lead and the system they run, They'll need it!!!

God Bless!!!

Well first of all, Hampton beat Cloudland by 17 in the first game mainly because Ward had 29, Hughes had 18, and Jones had 12. Cloudland did not make 8 first half 3's at Hampton either. In the 1-3-1 Hill can just stand under the goal without moving and get rebounds and not really guard anybody. Last night Cloudland shot the Dawgs out of the 1-3-1 and this forced Hampton to go to a man defense. Hill can not guard any of those 5 players on the perimeter. They drove around him and shot a wide open layup. And I can name alot of things Hill messed up on but I'm not gonna bash Dylan because he is a good kid and has played hard all year for the Dawgs. I think him making mistakes was never the reason he came out. I don't think it really had anything to do with what Hill did wrong. They just knew that it was a huge matchup problem. Hill has gotten more playing time than any sophmore big man that I can ever remember at Hampton. He has not rode the pine all year. Heck he never even came out of the game against Happy Valley...

And you claim nothing is said to #5 or #13? Why don't you go back 2 or 3 pages on this thread and look at how everybody was ready to kill Matheson for getting in Dylan Ward's face...

But like your signature says "Discipline is not a dirty word." You can't put up with players telling coaches that they don't want to go back in the game...

All last night showed was that Hill thinks only of himself and not the team. He has not been mistreated by the coaches, in retrospect the coaches have been mistreated by you so called fans all season and all they have done is take a team of mostly sophomores and win the conference. This is probably the best thing that could happen for the TEAM and I pity whatever school he goes to next.

Amen about the coaches part. They have not been treated fairly at all. But I sorta disagree with the thing you said about Hill. It seems the decision for Hill to quit was not made entirely by himself...

First things first you take #5 and #13 off of that team Hampton dont win a ball game plain and simple.

I have watched Hampton play a numerous amount of times this year and to be honest to be the size Hill is he plays like he is 5'10 instead of playing like he is 6'6. The coaching is not the problem. I am not a fan nor parent of a player @ Hampton but they have a good staff behind the kids trust me if White didn't think he could still do it he would hang it up...

But in all fairness to the coaches give them credit for taking a group of young kids and winning the WVC. Deep down not only are they good guys but they are good teachers of the game anyway you come across this argument.

Bottom line is if you dont like the way things are going A.Move to another school B.Quit C.Keep working hard and do your job when you come in the game and prove a point.

You are a foolish person. To think that you would single out one player fed up with the "ballhogs" and extremley bad coaching for not doing nothing. fed up with the verbal abuse. fed up with all the sh!t.

I wouldn't be upset with Hill, I'd be upset with the coaching staff.

All respect for the school I once loved has been stripped from me.

I'm ashamed to say I'm a Hampton graduate!

Enough is enough. IT'S OVER!!!!

You are a foolish person. To think that you would single out one player fed up with the "ballhogs" and extremley bad coaching for not doing nothing. fed up with the verbal abuse. fed up with all the sh!t.

I wouldn't be upset with Hill, I'd be upset with the coaching staff.

All respect for the school I once loved has been stripped from me.

I'm ashamed to say I'm a Hampton graduate!

Enough is enough. IT'S OVER!!!!

If you honestly believe everything in this post, you have seriously lost your mind...

Oh come on coach!! You shouldn't talk about your players that way but I forgot you're just a sorry piece of S*** that you've shown all year!! Theres not a school or coach that wouldn't be proud th have a 6-5 or 6-6 big man in the middle. The only problem is that you have to be able to coach them, something I hear you guys know nothing about!!