Catholic football

Irish423

AE and Catholic have renewed their rivalry. From what I heard no one would play either. I think Catholic called AE and AE accepted. I hear Ae is playing Ooltewah and Mo East also. I told my buddy Graham was foolished playing a schedule like that. But Graham is big on preparing for playoff pace.

Do you know what week A-E/Catholic will play. It should be week 1 or 3.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know what week A-E/Catholic will play. It should be week 1 or 3.

I'm SO happy these two get to play, it was well worth the drive when i went to watch these two play. Well, the first time... Hopefully it will be the best game out there and I will stop by. Always exciting. Does anyone know where they will play? I would take the guess at AE but not really sure.

You have got to be kidding right. You can say what you want, and let's say that even what you are saying is true, all the this could have simply been avoided. That is stay out of trouble. Any punishment those kids received was due to their acts, not Catholic.

I'm glad to see a real AE supporter like Boorelly take the high road. Catholic beat AE on the field not just once but twice and that's all that counts.

I'm also glad to see that they will continue to play each other. It will only make both teams better.

I'm not saying Catholic isn't a good football team beacuase they are year in and year out. The fact is this: Your fans told me they personally called to make sure the AE boys weren't going to play. From that point, the superintendent went to the school and suspended the boys without speaking with Coach Graham. Coach Graham already had those boys carrying out their punishments the day after the incedent happened and was supposed to continue throughout the week. They were doing community service, running after practice, writing formal apologies to the store, and they were going to sit Two quarters a piece. That week, AE couldn't even practice without the media vans and camera crews trying to disrupt practice. Literally, they were climbing over fences, and in the trees filming. No joke, I saw that for myself. The troubling part was later on, when I heard your supporters boasting about getting the media and superintendent to do that. What was sad, was half of the boys he (superintendent) suspended really didn't do anything. I'm just saying, since when has a superintendent ever stepped in and did something like that?

Now, I'm not excusing what the AE boys did because it was wrong. But to me, because the following actions by Catholic supporters, leaves Catholic with a tarnished state championship ring.

I'm not saying Catholic isn't a good football team beacuase they are year in and year out. The fact is this: Your fans told me they personally called to make sure the AE boys weren't going to play. From that point, the superintendent went to the school and suspended the boys without speaking with Coach Graham. Coach Graham already had those boys carrying out their punishments the day after the incedent happened and was supposed to continue throughout the week. They were doing community service, running after practice, writing formal apologies to the store, and they were going to sit Two quarters a piece. That week, AE couldn't even practice without the media vans and camera crews trying to disrupt practice. Literally, they were climbing over fences, and in the trees filming. No joke, I saw that for myself. The troubling part was later on, when I heard your supporters boasting about getting the media and superintendent to do that. What was sad, was half of the boys he (superintendent) suspended really didn't do anything. I'm just saying, since when has a superintendent ever stepped in and did something like that?

Now, I'm not excusing what the AE boys did because it was wrong. But to me, because the following actions by Catholic supporters, leaves Catholic with a tarnished state championship ring.

Catholic 45 AE 0..............no tarnish on the Irish championship ring.

They were caught stealing on video. It was on the news! Coach Graham did not whine or cry about the kids not playing, he said they could not play and he took the field with what he had. I know (PERSONALLY) that some of the parents of the kids involved were not going to let them play anyway. After the game Coach Graham said he wanted to play Catholic again and he did, even agreed to play them at Catholic. Where were the Toppers when Coach Pemberton was looking for games? If I'm not mistaken A-E's record vs. the Irish is 1-6 sounds tarnished to me. For someone who lives in Johnson City you sure do spend a lot of time at A-E and Catholic. But then again if I were a Hilltopper fan I guess I would be going to A-E and Catholic's games too. The Hilltoppers haven't been the same since the Ole Ball Coach played QB and we all know how long that's been. When the Roadrunners and the Irish are playing for state titles this years make sure you come, unless your watching the Toppers b-ball team at the round ball classic.

Irish B-Ball, HappyHour22, Irish423, Choakonaloaf.

Shed some light on the "fired assistants" if you can. I did read in the KNS that the DC was leaving, but others as well? I only saw you guys twice this year in person, and once on tv (AC and White House, Mitchell). IMO, the DC did a great job in all three of those games disguising, changing fronts, etc. I just thought that he was moving up and on, as it was my understanding that he is pretty young, and talented. Pemberton has had pretty good stability over the last 15-20 yrs. Why all the changes when you're going to be playing a 6A sched? Seems that if there was ever a time for stability, now would be it. No? Thanks.

ruse?

Irish B-Ball, HappyHour22, Irish423, Choakonaloaf.

Shed some light on the "fired assistants" if you can. I did read in the KNS that the DC was leaving, but others as well? I only saw you guys twice this year in person, and once on tv (AC and White House, Mitchell). IMO, the DC did a great job in all three of those games disguising, changing fronts, etc. I just thought that he was moving up and on, as it was my understanding that he is pretty young, and talented. Pemberton has had pretty good stability over the last 15-20 yrs. Why all the changes when you're going to be playing a 6A sched? Seems that if there was ever a time for stability, now would be it. No? Thanks.

ruse?

ruse?,

No comment on this one...