Catholic football

Irish423

Oh Ruse? or Mr. T or what ever you go by, sounds like you are a little bitter, that maybe you don't like people that have an opinon other than yours. You can believe what ever you like but you not knowing about 1.8 multiplier, calls into question anything else you might spew. "Go blow a bagpipe. Was that direct enough for you" I would think a person of your age and stature could come up with something a little whitter. GO IRISH!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ScottA11.

Right, and if the AD & Principal had managed the TSSAA Board of Control meeting process appropriately, identified, and secured a "2nd" to the motion, that would not be the issue that it has become.

The AD & Principal failed, and rather than recognize it for what it is, a distraction was created. Force changes where none are needed by fabricating the need.

Now we have Posters like IrishBBall posting defamatory comments about the former HC & DC. Yet even IrishBBall is conflicted. We see this in posts where "only his momma could say something nice about the coach", yet in the same post, there is praise by IrishBball for the staff becasue of his/her son being named all state.

KCHSCoach then posts generalized comments "T$$AA, other privates being forced to play up, etc", in attempt to cloud the reality. As stated previously, I am not nearly as close to the program as some of these guys, but after listening to, and asking questions of a bunch of coaches over the last week at clinics, it just does not add up..at all.

That ScottA11 is the reality.

Ruse

You seem to have misunderstood my post. If you'll reread you will clearly see where I said they were EXCELLENT football coaches. No conflict there in the least. The praise wasn't because my son made All-State. It was based on the significant improvement of the program over the past several years and the high level they have maintained. I have not questioned in the least any thing football related.

I certainly don't want to enter the verbal fray that has arisen as I have always found you too be extremely intelligent and accurate about fb across the state. I'm still confused as to the questions over the 1.8 multiplier. As ScottA11 has stated you multiply our enrollment of 624 x 1.8 = 1123 students for classification purposes. Every private school that elected to continue play in the public is subject to the same standards are they not?

No one said it would be easy. The last 4 years have been no cake walk either. A-E, Fulton and Anderson County were really really tough region teams, then throw teams like Morristown West, Baylor and Webb into the mix and you have some challenging games for the Irish.

Playing AE,Fulton,and AC with webb sprinkled in is hardly playing Farragut, bearden, west, and last but not least Maryville. That is by far the tougher region and just do not think you all will have the fire power to win like you have the past few years...sorry!!!

Playing AE,Fulton,and AC with webb sprinkled in is hardly playing Farragut, bearden, west, and last but not least Maryville. That is by far the tougher region and just do not think you all will have the fire power to win like you have the past few years...sorry!!!

Excuse us for trying, just the same

Other than Maryville and Farragut, I would not consider Bearden or West powerhouses. Bearden was 1-9 just 5 years ago (Catholic's last year in DII and they finished 10-1). I've seen the scrimmages that Catholic has played with West over the last couple of years and the Rebels where not even close to keeping up with the Irish. Has West even won more than 7 games in a season over the last 7 years? I know people hate us and that's fine we are used to it, would not have it any other way. But I never said, or for that matter any Catholic poster said KCHS would dominate in this new league. We can compete, if we lose, so be it. Considering that AE, Fulton and Webb have won state titles over the last 9 years, how can you even allow yourself to say that Farragut, Bearden and West are better than those teams? Checking past schedules West and Bearden lost games to Webb in multiple years and Webb has lost 7 straight games to Catholic. Sorry that your hatred for the Irish blinds your facts, when your team gets a ring then talk about how dominant you are, unless you're from Maryville which I doubt.

Irish will compete in new div. Will not dominate like years past but lets talk about what started this . Why are HC and DC gone.

DC= THUG and there is no room for THUG at private school. All the people I talked with said the same. Went to a game and asked who guy with ankle lenght shorts and hat backwards was.

HC= Grass greener on the other side. Looked at his history and he did same thing last time he left for Ga. Great football coach, I hope he has heck of a secratary to run athletic department. I heard his idea of balanced check book includes 2 foot level.

Irish will compete in new div. Will not dominate like years past but lets talk about what started this . Why are HC and DC gone.

DC= THUG and there is no room for THUG at private school. All the people I talked with said the same. Went to a game and asked who guy with ankle lenght shorts and hat backwards was.

HC= Grass greener on the other side. Looked at his history and he did same thing last time he left for Ga. Great football coach, I hope he has heck of a secratary to run athletic department. I heard his idea of balanced check book includes 2 foot level.

No one is talking about dominating this new district. When we were in 3A we had some blow out victories, but we also played a lot of close games. Run the ball, win with the defense. Everyone at Catholic (players and coaches included) know the steep hill that we are about to climb. The teams and coaching staffs have to work to make their teams competitive. When Catholic first moved to DII, there were growing pains, but eventually we adapted and won some east region titles (in football and basketball).

Hi guys. Miss me?

I'll try again. This was not about the multiplier. I understand how the formula works. My understanding is that during the November, 2008 TSSAA Borad of Control meeting the AD & Principal motioned for Catholic to be placed in District 3AAA, and not 4AAA.

3AAA is currently comprised of Anderson Co (1150 excluding alt. school), Campbell Co (1437)., Clinton (1365), Hardin Valley (1246), Karns (1511), Central (1230), Halls (1323), Powell (1403), and Oak Ridge (1506).

4AAA is currently comprised of Bearden (1931), Farragut (1893), West (1392), Lenoir City (1268), Maryville (1555), William Blount (1876), Heritage (1688), and Catholic (624x1.8=1123).

IMO, this motion made perfect sense for the following reasons: No significant revenue impact via gate receipts, particularly with the offset placement of OR in 4AAA vs. 3AAA. Also, no significant travel impact. Further, the enrollment figures support Catholic in 3AAA, and OR in 4AAA. Third, in 4AAA there are 5, 6A Playoff eligible teams, while in 3AAA, there are 3 (OR, Karns, Campbell Co.), none of which has made much playoff noise. On the other hand, Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, and William Blount have. Lastly, the argument that you guys are playing a 6A schedule as a 5A team is valid.

Still with me? Good. Back to the meeting. It is customary practice that if you are going to make a motion that you have the "2nd" to that motion in your pocket before making the motion. This assures you that your motion will be voted upon. Prior to the vote, you can lobby, call, influence, debate, etc. It is important. The "2nd" was offered by Pemberton to the AD & Principal. This "2nd" was rejected as the AD and Principal assured Pemberton that they would take care of the "2nd." What I am aware of is that Pemberton's "2nd" is a member of the board, which would have certainly helped. As it turns out, the Principal and AD go before the board/membership, motion, and......no "2nd." No "2nd" equates to no lobby, call, influence, debate, etc. The motion does not carry in spite of the validity.

In my opinion, as well as the opinion of others, that is what went down. Wait, it gets better. For playoff purposes, only the 1st and 2nd place teams from each District are in. Overall record then determines qualification for playoffs, and seeding. So, if Catholic does not finish 1st or 2nd, their overall record will be compared with the overall records of other 5A teams. This magnifies the importance of winning non-region games. In looking at your schedule, Rhea Co. is no layup, and based on what AE has coming back, they can certainly beat you. Webb. Sure, you have won 5 or 6 in a row, but they are always close. Could easily go either way. Farragut, Bearden, Maryville, and William Blount are all going to push you, if not beat you. Traditionally, West has improved as much as anyone as the season has gone on. They were young last year. 4-3A is going to be tough. This senior class at Maryville is probably the most down class they have had in a while, but I think they will still be good.

Let's just say Catholic finishes in 3rd. Over in 3-3A, let's say OR is 1st, with AC or Clinton (who will be very good next year) coming in 2nd. Catholic better hope that they have a better overall record than West, AC or Clinton, Central, Halls, Powell to lock up a spot.

We'll see. If you guys install the I formation, spread, really anything significantly different than the Wing T, you struggle early, hopefully get in, stay injury free, and make a run. On the injury thing. Don't dismiss the importance of depth, and the fact that you will not have what the others do. Just having a bunch of kids going both ways against that schedule will get to you. Now if the new guys come in, and run something close, you will have less of a learning curve. All the same is true for defense.

That is just what I understand concerning the AD/Principals involvement in the reclassification issue. There is all this defensiveness (some folks can be overly defensive for a reason) around Pemberton and the DC getting fired, resigning, and that has all been spoken to further back in the thread, so I won't repeat it.

Now guys, I don't hate Catholic. IrishBBall will tell you I'm a little partial to Fulton; but don't hate. There were some folks just flat out attacking the professional charachter of these men. I have a different opinion. Thats all. Good luck guys.

ruse?

Ruse? There are a lot of Catholic haters out there, I have no doubt that T$$AA and some coaches from the other district wanted us in 4AAA to keep us in our place. If I am a coach in district 3AAA I don't want KCHS in, and of course we wanted in it because it is easier. It is a shame Ronnie can not "Just do the right thing" and end all this DI and DII crap and end the multiplier. If Ronnie is worried about private school kids and leting them transfer "page rule" with no penalty then the multiplier should come off. It is just arbitrary with no reason, just so the publics can win.

Ruse? There are a lot of Catholic haters out there, I have no doubt that T$$AA and some coaches from the other district wanted us in 4AAA to keep us in our place. If I am a coach in district 3AAA I don't want KCHS in, and of course we wanted in it because it is easier. It is a shame Ronnie can not "Just do the right thing" and end all this DI and DII crap and end the multiplier. If Ronnie is worried about private school kids and leting them transfer "page rule" with no penalty then the multiplier should come off. It is just arbitrary with no reason, just so the publics can win.

Ronnie is done. Retiring. TSSAA meets again in April. Get on the agenda, motion, etc. The Page rule will be interesting. This is really the "Hi, I'm Ronnie Carter, and I'm still mad at Brentwood Acad." rule. Due to the economic conditions, kids will be able to transfer to the school for which they are zoned without penalty. Again it has been tabled. Meeting in April...... The multiplier like many things had merit at inception, and still does. The formula is off, but the spirit, and intent is correct. It is not just so that publics can win, as there are some publics with open zone that play the game, and some of Knoxville's finest publics as well....mascots=birds:) All of this of course, is just my opinion.

Hi guys. Miss me?

I'll try again. This was not about the multiplier. I understand how the formula works. My understanding is that during the November, 2008 TSSAA Borad of Control meeting the AD & Principal motioned for Catholic to be placed in District 3AAA, and not 4AAA.

3AAA is currently comprised of Anderson Co (1150 excluding alt. school), Campbell Co (1437)., Clinton (1365), Hardin Valley (1246), Karns (1511), Central (1230), Halls (1323), Powell (1403), and Oak Ridge (1506).

4AAA is currently comprised of Bearden (1931), Farragut (1893), West (1392), Lenoir City (1268), Maryville (1555), William Blount (1876), Heritage (1688), and Catholic (624x1.8=1123).

IMO, this motion made perfect sense for the following reasons: No significant revenue impact via gate receipts, particularly with the offset placement of OR in 4AAA vs. 3AAA. Also, no significant travel impact. Further, the enrollment figures support Catholic in 3AAA, and OR in 4AAA. Third, in 4AAA there are 5, 6A Playoff eligible teams, while in 3AAA, there are 3 (OR, Karns, Campbell Co.), none of which has made much playoff noise. On the other hand, Bearden, Farragut, Maryville, and William Blount have. Lastly, the argument that you guys are playing a 6A schedule as a 5A team is valid.

Still with me? Good. Back to the meeting. It is customary practice that if you are going to make a motion that you have the "2nd" to that motion in your pocket before making the motion. This assures you that your motion will be voted upon. Prior to the vote, you can lobby, call, influence, debate, etc. It is important. The "2nd" was offered by Pemberton to the AD & Principal. This "2nd" was rejected as the AD and Principal assured Pemberton that they would take care of the "2nd." What I am aware of is that Pemberton's "2nd" is a member of the board, which would have certainly helped. As it turns out, the Principal and AD go before the board/membership, motion, and......no "2nd." No "2nd" equates to no lobby, call, influence, debate, etc. The motion does not carry in spite of the validity.

In my opinion, as well as the opinion of others, that is what went down. Wait, it gets better. For playoff purposes, only the 1st and 2nd place teams from each District are in. Overall record then determines qualification for playoffs, and seeding. So, if Catholic does not finish 1st or 2nd, their overall record will be compared with the overall records of other 5A teams. This magnifies the importance of winning non-region games. In looking at your schedule, Rhea Co. is no layup, and based on what AE has coming back, they can certainly beat you. Webb. Sure, you have won 5 or 6 in a row, but they are always close. Could easily go either way. Farragut, Bearden, Maryville, and William Blount are all going to push you, if not beat you. Traditionally, West has improved as much as anyone as the season has gone on. They were young last year. 4-3A is going to be tough. This senior class at Maryville is probably the most down class they have had in a while, but I think they will still be good.

Let's just say Catholic finishes in 3rd. Over in 3-3A, let's say OR is 1st, with AC or Clinton (who will be very good next year) coming in 2nd. Catholic better hope that they have a better overall record than West, AC or Clinton, Central, Halls, Powell to lock up a spot.

We'll see. If you guys install the I formation, spread, really anything significantly different than the Wing T, you struggle early, hopefully get in, stay injury free, and make a run. On the injury thing. Don't dismiss the importance of depth, and the fact that you will not have what the others do. Just having a bunch of kids going both ways against that schedule will get to you. Now if the new guys come in, and run something close, you will have less of a learning curve. All the same is true for defense.

That is just what I understand concerning the AD/Principals involvement in the reclassification issue. There is all this defensiveness (some folks can be overly defensive for a reason) around Pemberton and the DC getting fired, resigning, and that has all been spoken to further back in the thread, so I won't repeat it.

Now guys, I don't hate Catholic. IrishBBall will tell you I'm a little partial to Fulton; but don't hate. There were some folks just flat out attacking the professional charachter of these men. I have a different opinion. Thats all. Good luck guys.

ruse?

We were told from a fellow coach in 3AAA, that the coaches in 3AAA did not want us in that district. They held a meeting and met with the TSAAA rep from Maryville so that Hardin Valley could be placed in that region instead. How much of that is true, we really don't know but when our AD and Principal went to the meeting to petition us being placed in 3AAA it was shot down. Like I said, hearsay, maybe, but I do know that we are placed in a region where the numbers don't add up for us. But we'll adjust and make the best of it.