josh patton and cameron croy

cmmndalum

and over the last two weeks while were hoped for best...but feared for the worst...tim young...jamie miller...jim croy...mr. jaeckle...and bear cat brown offered much needed encouragement to us..

Hey, you better remember who called you first!!!!!!!!! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

dont make me jog over there............................

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but what about the BIG DOG and the MR BLACKMAN CEREMONY?????? LOL /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I wasnt spreading rumors was I? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

it was a little dog that barked...josh looks to his left after hearing the bark...and then right foot hit's edge of sidewalk...gameover...

went to PT that afternoon...then to award ceremony that night

still would not have been at clarksville on saturday...did not want anyone to know

you did call me first...and you are and have been a good friend!

PBD

and...call me now...i just tried to call you at home

the bottom line is josh is out for the state tournament...while running in our subdivision on janurary 24th to get in better shape for wrestling...he stepped on the edge of the sidewalk and ripped his ankle...a mri revealed he has two ligaments that are completely torn and a bone chip...we have been going to PT every morning for over two weeks, anti inflamatories...cortizone shot and pack...swimming...lifting with the upper body ...all to no avail...he can't walk on it...can't push off on it...has no range of motion...he is done...this injury needs at least 6 weeks to heal and he still may need surgery...

deeply disappointed does not describe what he and i feel...i've always told him that if he is not enough without the gold medal he will never be enough with it...it is time to apply these words...and as his dad...i am very proud of him and he has always been a champion in my book...on and off the mat...his 145-12 record over 4 years is good...but i am most proud of how he won...whether in victory or defeat...he did it with respect and class...he gets this from his mom /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

i better quit...if i write much more...bear cat brown and cupcake will call me wordy... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

PBD /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

I share your disappointment Jeff. This is horrible news for wrestling fans, I was hoping he would be able to go this weekend. Take care and God bless you all.

Dave

I share your disappointment Jeff. This is horrible news for wrestling fans, I was hoping he would be able to go this weekend. Take care and God bless you all.

Dave

Jeff, so very sorry to hear this! We all know how important wrestling is to us all, particularly to us senior families. We will wish him a speedy recovery, and more importantly, a FULL recovery. I will find both of you at the state to meet you both. Hang in there, we are pulling for you!

thanks to you cmmndalum and to maj in the other post for believing the best...i am rarely shocked but certainly was shocked that someone would call in to question josh's "SUPPORT" for the team.

the bottom line is josh is out for the state tournament...while running in our subdivision on janurary 24th to get in better shape for wrestling...he stepped on the edge of the sidewalk and ripped his ankle...a mri revealed he has two ligaments that are completely torn and a bone chip...we have been going to PT every morning for over two weeks, anti inflamatories...cortizone shot and pack...swimming...lifting with the upper body ...all to no avail...he can't walk on it...can't push off on it...has no range of motion...he is done...this injury needs at least 6 weeks to heal and he still may need surgery...

deeply disappointed does not describe what he and i feel...i've always told him that if he is not enough without the gold medal he will never be enough with it...it is time to apply these words...and as his dad...i am very proud of him and he has always been a champion in my book...on and off the mat...his 145-12 record over 4 years is good...but i am most proud of how he won...whether in victory or defeat...he did it with respect and class...he gets this from his mom /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

he was not at clarksville on saturday because we really wanted to keep the injury quite until we knew for sure whether he could wrestle in the state tourney and being up on the ankle all day is not what he needed...it is still very painful and he had PT to do...the coaches knew this and where in full agreement...we would NEVER do anything to not help the team...and never have...

he, like most boys...has gotten way more out of wrestling than we have put into the sport...and for that we will always be grateful...

we are also thankful for coach Kenndey, coach Hamm and coach Harmon...all of them invested deeply into who josh is...and into his wrestling...and other coaches such as coach bray...i have enjoyed the fellowship and conversations over the last few years...and how many of you encouraged josh along the way

and over the last two weeks while were hoped for best...but feared for the worst...tim young...jamie miller...jim croy...mr. jaeckle...and bear cat brown offered much needed encouragement to us...i will miss all of you next year but i will be back in full stride when my little patton hit's 9th grade...

we wish all the 215lbers in the state well...give it all you have and be thankful you can get after it!

i better quit...if i write much more...bear cat brown and cupcake will call me wordy... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

PBD /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

As the parent of another Region 5 senior wrestler (who has been injured and IS able to just now wrestle, but definitely not back up to his expectations for this last year), this breaks my heart! Between Josh, C. Proctor, and possibly A. Cicco, Blackman seniors have really had a tough year. The Region 5 Individuals will be bittersweet for all of us. Last year at Chattanooga another parent said to me, "Enjoy this...we never know what will happen between now and next year." Wow, how true her words came to be. I should have enjoyed it because it looks like my son won't be making the trip to wrestle this year either...his senior year. He missed most of his senior football season too. It is so hard to not be bitter. You seem to be handling this much better than I am!

my coach told me after i was injured my senior year that "set backs are just chances to grow, god never puts more on someone than he KNOWS they can handle." After watching Josh over the past few years i'm sure that he is strong in wrestling and in faith. With kids like him wrestling is just a stepping stone and he is going to go on to accomplish greater things than he ever could on a mat. I'm sorry he did not get a chance to enjoy one more run in Chattanooga. I was looking foward to him representing our region let me know if I can do anything to help.

Brother Jeff,

I too am very saddened by this outcome of the little Taco Bell dog barking. You have shown us all an example of keeping your head up and supporeting others while dealing with pain many don't even know... Jessy was supposed to be the most skilled of all your boys and as a soph. he may never compete due to his injuries as well.

There's really no way you go 100's of matches without injuries without some luck involved while competing, training or otherwise. Cael Sanderson has always amazed me going 4 years flawless - with that "any given day" factor.

Perspective is clarified and proper as you compare yourself to others like yourself and you increase in gratitude, something America needs more of and may be forced to learn.

Thanks for your Faith and friendship!!

The Soms

Mr. patton i am saddened to hear the news. Josh is a great wrestler and I am sure he is very disapointed. I know first hand what it is like to have your last match pass you by without ever knowing it was your last. I look forward to hearing good things from josh in the future, and as ramseyl said god never puts more on somone than he knows they can handle. good luck in the future.

it was a little dog that barked...josh looks to his left after hearing the bark...and then right foot hit's edge of sidewalk...gameover...

went to PT that afternoon...then to award ceremony that night

still would not have been at clarksville on saturday...did not want anyone to know

you did call me first...and you are and have been a good friend!

PBD

and...call me now...i just tried to call you at home

I had it (my phone) cut off............ got laid off......................need to borrow BCB's backup trailer /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Sorry to hear Josh won't be back for individuals. It's one thing to have your season end with injury but to have it be your senior undefeated season and end before you get the chance to get that state championship medal is just unfair. Josh was always good to Ryan and we appreciate that.Best of luck to Josh at Navy and with his ankel recovery. Tell Josh he can really enjoy all those pancakes at IHOP now even if he does get a pouch he'll know what I mean.If he can make it to regions to help in the guys corner they would really appreciate it.

thanks to you cmmndalum and to maj in the other post for believing the best...i am rarely shocked but certainly was shocked that someone would call in to question josh's "SUPPORT" for the team.

he was not at clarksville on saturday because we really wanted to keep the injury quite until we knew for sure whether he could wrestle in the state tourney and being up on the ankle all day is not what he needed...it is still very painful and he had PT to do...the coaches knew this and where in full agreement...we would NEVER do anything to not help the team...and never have...

he, like most boys...has gotten way more out of wrestling than we have put into the sport...and for that we will always be grateful...

we are also thankful for coach Kenndey, coach Hamm and coach Harmon...all of them invested deeply into who josh is...and into his wrestling...and other coaches such as coach bray...i have enjoyed the fellowship and conversations over the last few years...and how many of you encouraged josh along the way

and over the last two weeks while were hoped for best...but feared for the worst...tim young...jamie miller...jim croy...mr. jaeckle...and bear cat brown offered much needed encouragement to us...i will miss all of you next year but i will be back in full stride when my little patton hit's 9th grade...

we wish all the 215lbers in the state well...give it all you have and be thankful you can get after it!

Mr. Patton, Those of us that live and breath with all our children do, they are our lives. One week I was told my son may never wrestle again, three weeks later he wins the McCallie Inv. We as fathers feel your pain, and I have only the greatest of sympathies for your son. Good luck to Josh in his journey.

Brian Henry