Simply Amazing

Melton07

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am only surprised that this sort of conduct doesn't occur more often. It is a reflection of this "win at any cost" atitude that too many people have bought into. This particular incident before it is over will wind up costing all involved several hundred dollars in court costs, fines, etc, not to mention place in jeopardy any further coaching or perhaps even attending any games in the future for the two coaches. And over what, an elementary school ballgame. Do we not need to step back and reaccess our behavior at ball games. Perhaps a little more respect for your fellow human beings would be in order here and everywhere that a sporting event occurs. /sad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

John Miller is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. There are always two sides to the story, the police said Miller was leaving in his car. What made him stop? I heard from a parent who was there (of course this is "she said" stuff) She said that this guy was running his mouth & getting in John's face. I know I try to walk away from stuff but a person can only take so much. I know personally I have a point before I snap as I am sure everyone does. Absolutely what happened to his daughter is unheard of!! No excuse for it!

Still, not the sort of thing you want on your resume'.

When you are involved in youth leagues and even middle school and high school sports, you have to be beyond reproach. There is no 'breaking point' that involves physical confrontations. As a youth league board member I've called the Sheriff's Dept. twice. If you do that when the 'stuff' starts, you don't get to the breaking point. You have them removed from the park, strip their coaching privileges and whatever else you have to do to keep adults from screwing up kid's games. Embarrass them in front of their peers to the point that it is absolutely not worth it for anyone that saw what happened to want to see it happen to them.

I'm 47. When I was 10, Johnny and Gilbert's mothers went rolling down the bleachers pulling hair and screaming at the top of their lungs. I don't remember who won the game or why there was a fight, but 37 years later I remember the 2 mother's that made fools of themselves. Keep some perspective.

Still, not the sort of thing you want on your resume'.

When you are involved in youth leagues and even middle school and high school sports, you have to be beyond reproach. There is no 'breaking point' that involves physical confrontations. As a youth league board member I've called the Sheriff's Dept. twice. If you do that when the 'stuff' starts, you don't get to the breaking point. You have them removed from the park, strip their coaching privileges and whatever else you have to do to keep adults from screwing up kid's games. Embarrass them in front of their peers to the point that it is absolutely not worth it for anyone that saw what happened to want to see it happen to them.

I'm 47. When I was 10, Johnny and Gilbert's mothers went rolling down the bleachers pulling hair and screaming at the top of their lungs. I don't remember who won the game or why there was a fight, but 37 years later I remember the 2 mother's that made fools of themselves. Keep some perspective.

I agree, it is bad any way you spin it. The older I get the better I get at just walking away, my pride doesn't have control over me like it use to. I hate all of this for the Millers, they are good people & love the game. People may not remember but John Miller was a very good player at Tech back in the day.

Ive known Miller for several years and don't know what happened here but his whole family are good people and I have to believe he had to be pushed pretty far to react especially with his daughter with him. And for an adult to attack a minor tells me a lot about this story.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />