13A vs 14A

reneah

Lake Co wins 51 to 47 in OT

Congrats to Lake Co. Hate to say it but Humboldt played terribly tonight.....too many turnovers and ill advised shots. Lake Co pressure got to them and we played poor defense. But realistically Bradford is the only team left in 14a with a chance of making it to the boro.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Lake Co. Hate to say it but Humboldt played terribly tonight.....too many turnovers and ill advised shots. Lake Co pressure got to them and we played poor defense. But realistically Bradford is the only team left in 14a with a chance of making it to the boro.

I think that Lake Co. and Bradford might both get there.I think Bradford can make the most noise if they get there.

Anybody got an update on Bradford/Gleason?

Gleason played hard..Fell behind by too many points but they did make a run to get back within 3 points..The officials let them play..Bradford would be the favorite if they let Bradford play like that..Bradford did sit their big girls for most of the 2nd quarter but still ,the officials let them play aggressive..Had it been some of our regular season officials..probably 3 of them would have fouled out..But I actually like having both teams players on the floor..then the best team that night wins..!Congrats to Bradford on the win and to Gleason on a fine season !

I said in an earlier post that after Lake Co lost to Humboldt in the district,the best thing that happened was also losing to Gleason for 3rd place because they match up better with Humboldt..I'm still not sold about that Gleason game..didn't start Tereda Abbott in that game,who has started just about every game and instead started April Mendez,a freshman who was usually the 8th or 9th player off the bench..He also played two other girls before he put Abbott in sometimes in the 3rd quarter..Now Abbott could have been hurt or sick..I don't know..but still he started April over the two other girls that had been the 6th and 7th player..Makes me wonder if the coach had a plan.. April went to starting that Gleason game and playing a whole lot but didn't play at all in the game tonight..Neither did the other two girls ..My take on the game tonight was neither team played very well..Both teams played hard..Lake Co fell behind by 10 points..came back and then fell behind by 8 points again..Then I think Lake Co finally took the lead at about 25-24 and eventually Lake Co had about an 11 points lead.. Then the turnovers really came..Bad passes..couldn't get the ball inbounds..missed way too many free throws..T.T. missed 4 or 5 layups..could have won the game with less than 2 seconds left at the free throw line shooting a 1 and 1..She missed it ..Hope Ross probably could have sealed it earlier but she missed two free throws....Lake Co had about a 9 point lead with about a couple minutes to play and let it slip away..I just knew going into the overtime that Humboldt was going to win..I thought it was going to be the biggest collaspe by a Lake Co girls team one win away from sub-state in about 10 years when Lake Co had USJ by about 10 points with a minute or 2 minutes to go and got beat...This may be just my opinion and I could be wrong but I believe Humboldt lost this game simply because they didn't play the same way as the first 3 times we played..By that I mean the past 3 games,Humboldt spred the ball around to I believe #12 and the other girl that wears the glasses and shoots a lot of outside shots..And # 4 would shoot if she was open in the earlier games..Lake Co had to play the whole team..Tonight ,at least to me,it was as if the coach may have told them not to shoot..Each time down the floor,they tried to get the ball down low to # 33..And that's a good idea..she's an excellent ball player..But I thought they went away from team ball to trying to force the ball to her too much..Lake Co stole a lot of passes that were being thrown to her..Lake Co knew the passes were coming..I thought they were giving the other players open looks a lot of times but they weren't taking them as in the previous games..But anyway..Congrats to Lake Co on a big win...Lake Co is a very young team overall and it told at the end of the game..Also congrats to Humboldt..In my opinion..maybe not as physical as Bradford down low..but probably the most athletic or one of the most athletic teams in our district !