Marion County 2009

Bill#49

One of CoachT's finest has emailed ole Bill and told him the story behind BigMoney. I have to apoligize for my ignorance. Not the first time and certainly will not be the last, hopefully!

I owe GB a BIG apology!!!!! As has been stated on here in the past GB IS NOT BIGMONEY!! I will not say who BigMoney is because I don't think that would be the thing to do to the one who told me or to BigMoney.

Sorry for the confusion and spreading untruths on CoachT. Like I am the first to do that.

I tried to tell you.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is just the problem, op, it seems like the people from the mountain are just like those whitwell folks, the people in the stands think they know more than the coaches and that creates a problem when they wont stay out of the way. I am sure that coach Boeck would love to have Ken come and help him learn the perfect offense for beating teams with way more athletes than marion has, the veer!!

Old Pirate says the veer is far less productive than back in the day. The fact is thou......a team has to play responsibility football and every defensive player has to do their responsibility on every play or else a good team will take advantage of mistakes. Dad burnit......it's that way in every phase of the game. Yep OP agrees TTP, them folks on the mtn are similar to them Whutwell folks. Now.....OP well remembers when them 2 were tough to beat. Still not sure KC isn't coaching the Jackets of Grundy. Now....TTP, we all know all of us have them know-it-alls in every crowd. Jest look at The Great Geno from SP and Daffy Dave from Jasper. Them 2 have had some skillets put up side them heads far more than this OP. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

........ but what about Coach Boeck??? Just look what he did with last years team. I think regardless, Boeck will do what it takes to keep Jasper deep in the playoffs.

Which has been my point all along. The job Troy did last year (and his staff) was worthy of Coach of the Year honors. The swagger was back in Jasper. The gleam was back in the eyes of fans. The train whistle (which I still hate. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ) was back on track. Troy seemed to have the answers that no one had had in 12 years. I can't see them taking a step backwards unless graduation erased all the talent.

DL.

The rumor is a coach from NJ is also in the running for coaching duties in Jasper. Sounds as if several teachers could be looking for new jobs come fall. Who knows at this point, OP says it's doubtfull all of them coaches can find teaching duties. Dad burnit.......TT,KC and the NJ feller should provide a staff to rival most around.

From what I have been hearing ....one of those teaching positions has already been filled....and it ain't TT, KC or NJ...and I am pretty sure this "new" teacher will be on the sidelines...again!

Old Pirate says the veer is far less productive than back in the day. The fact is thou......a team has to play responsibility football and every defensive player has to do their responsibility on every play or else a good team will take advantage of mistakes. Dad burnit......it's that way in every phase of the game. Yep OP agrees TTP, them folks on the mtn are similar to them Whutwell folks. Now.....OP well remembers when them 2 were tough to beat. Still not sure KC isn't coaching the Jackets of Grundy. Now....TTP, we all know all of us have them know-it-alls in every crowd. Jest look at The Great Geno from SP and Daffy Dave from Jasper. Them 2 have had some skillets put up side them heads far more than this OP. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I disagree with you op.......... the veer when ran right is just as affective as it has always been. Ask the ACC about georgia tech. Anywhere Paul Johnson has went the veer has worked. As for Troy, he has surpassed all expectations at Marion and now he may have put some pressure on himself, but I am sure that he is fine with that. With hard work and dicipline comes winning, and that is what has been missing from the program for 14 yrs. I will promise that this 2009 team will be in the mix in 2A at the end of the year. They will miss Joe and Yell as well as a few others, but they have backs that can fill in and lineman that they can plug in.

I disagree with you op.......... the veer when ran right is just as affective as it has always been. Ask the ACC about georgia tech. Anywhere Paul Johnson has went the veer has worked. As for Troy, he has surpassed all expectations at Marion and now he may have put some pressure on himself, but I am sure that he is fine with that. With hard work and dicipline comes winning, and that is what has been missing from the program for 14 yrs. I will promise that this 2009 team will be in the mix in 2A at the end of the year. They will miss Joe and Yell as well as a few others, but they have backs that can fill in and lineman that they can plug in.

From what I hear, a lot is riding on a first year QB???

The ACC.........Dad burnit TTP out side of Florida State how many teams from the ACC have won much of anything? Old Pirate is curious how long has it been since an option team won anything big in high school or college? Bama once ran the bone as well as Texas and lot of others that are similar to the veer. The fact is it can be a high risk offense other wise more programs would be using it. OP is sure KC used it in south Ga and never won big. Agree or disagree OP don't see it as effective as it once was like all the other option offenses. A disiplined defense that can earhole the QB consistantly will cause more turn overs than IHOP. But hey OP has had a few too many skillets up side the head.