Best Teams in Chattanooga Area?

ersoccerfan

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of the parents got it going as best I understand it. It's not an official school-backed sport but they were allowed to post flyers in the the school about tryouts, etc and it grew from there. As for the county, it's still what I'd consider rural but it's now part of the Chattanooga metro area, according to the US census. Being wealthy isn't a requirement for lacrosse, that is the image, but there's more affluence in the county than some might expect. That doesn't mean the players' families are all loaded, just that it shouldn't be too much of a surprise the sport spread over the mountain.

One of the parents got it going as best I understand it. It's not an official school-backed sport but they were allowed to post flyers in the the school about tryouts, etc and it grew from there.

Not sure what you mean by that? I know its not TSSAA sanctioned but I thought the school did give it the go a head so that when it becomes TSSAA sanctioned as it probably will in the next 5 to 6 years it will be easier to support?

I have heard that the school plans on adding all the sports it can they are still getting the tennis teams both boys and girls going. I haven't heard if they have enough participation for a girls soccer team this fall? The next sport that will be added I suspect in the next couple of years is wrestling as for several years now they have been co-opting with Whitwell.

As we go into week 7 this is how I've got it for the southeast area. That coaches poll what do they know. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

1.CCS- Big wins over Hixson & the "Wah",.. Gear up Chargers Cookeville good.

2. Cleveland- A slight stumble against McMinn Co. this week,...Get over it quick, You've got Barry Redmond this weekend with some great competition.

3. McCallie- Jumps Boyd, over schedule strength.With Webb tonight...ND and Baylor this coming week.

4. Boyd- Sorry Reaction /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I know Boyd's good, but their schedule is seriously lacking.

5. Baylor-Improving each and every week. Wait! can you hear it? McCallie, McCallie, McCallie......

6. McMinn Co.-Brother Bobby must be a sadist with the schedule that he has put together this year. And it continues with Bearden this week.

7. Soddy-Daisy- Better get Maximo points against Red Bank this week, because you're tied w/ "the WAH" for the district.

8. Hixson- Tough week last week, but should not have a problem getting back on track w/ games against Walker Valley, and S.Mtn.

9. Ooltewah- Couple of words.....Central and goal differential

10.East Ridge- They have been up and down all year long.....So I've got them up for this week.

10. Sequatchie Co.- I can hear it now...MVM, have you lost your mind? No, I say! This team plays with heart and a real love for the game. Last year they didn't come close to winning a game. This year their (3-6-1).... You've come along way, Baby.

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Where are your rankings this week MVM?

Where are your rankings this week MVM?

That was for week 7. I'll put out week 8, either Friday or Saturday.

Cleveland did a great job in Oak Ridge this past weekend. It's a shame that they're not more Blue Raider soccer fans on here....Most of the Blue Raider fans on Coacht seem to be in the wrestling threads. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />