Father Ryan

TheSpoon

If I am not mistaken is was an MBA alumni, a Mr. Joe C. Davis (yes the same Mr. Joe C. Davis who donated MBA and Harpeth Hall's turf playing fields) that donated if not all, a majority of FR's weight lifting room. He is not only a gentleman, scholar, and athlete, but also a good catholic too.

whoa boy, just jesting with Woodroof, we know enough about each other to do that. Thank God for Mr. Davis. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok everyone listen up...

if ryan didnt have that offensive coordinator they'd probably be putting points on the board.

That needs to go.

Is this steve spurrier on a high school football thread? It has to be for you to be dishing out this kind of punishment. You yourself must be a great offensive coordinator, and winning games and scoring lots of point!

A conservative estimate is that they can expect to bring in double the revenue since they no longer have to split with some facility. Probably more than double when you count concessions and attendence at those great rivalry games. Since the stadium and improvements are virtually paid for before the actual building, should be a great help financially. By the way, K, we are still accepting donations for the building fund, still a little short. What a great inspiration to get a donation from a Big Red fan. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

And I'd love to help out, but Fr. O'Reilly (honest, my priest is Fr. O'Reilly, from Ireland) doesn't allow us to send money to other dioceses. Otherwise, you know I'd cover the shortfall.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few quick questions to throw *your* way.

What starters are returning for the Irish?

What does their scheduele look like, and who do they play at home?

What staff changes have been made by Lussier?

Will the stadium be done in time?

Any upcoming talent in younger classes?

• 2 months later...

As Father Ryan Alum and longtime fan, I`m predicting an optimistic 4-6 and I don`t even know who their non-Region games are. It is for sure going to be a rebuilding year. But you know what? It is going to be one of the most exciting seasons because we are FINALLY, after 83 years, going to have our own 2,300 seat stadium, with an Alumni reception area and concession areas and restrooms! Not to mention a state of the art synthetic playing surface and brand new rubberized track. The Irish nation will finally have a gathering place to call their own, "Giacosa Stadium at the Carell Athletic Complex". That`s why I`m pumped about this coming season..........The dirt is being moved as I write!!!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20090701...+at+Father+Ryan

Any truth to the rumor Ryan is already looking to change name of athletic complex?

This is simply an observation, not any kind of shot at Father Ryan...The actual football playing field looks awfully far from the new stands. I guess in order to make the field big enough for soccer, plus the track it was necessary, but, man those stands look far back. They've got to be about the furthest I've seen. Anyone else notice this?

This is simply an observation, not any kind of shot at Father Ryan...The actual football playing field looks awfully far from the new stands. I guess in order to make the field big enough for soccer, plus the track it was necessary, but, man those stands look far back. They've got to be about the furthest I've seen. Anyone else notice this?

I'm not sure, the one picture that seems a long way looks like a funky angle; it's hard to tell. Soccer wouldn't really have an impact. FIFA requires a field to be at least 50 yds wide. While 60 to 70 is preferred, I don't think the TSSAA would have a fit about a pitch laid out on football field dimensions.

I'm not sure, the one picture that seems a long way looks like a funky angle; it's hard to tell. Soccer wouldn't really have an impact. FIFA requires a field to be at least 50 yds wide. While 60 to 70 is preferred, I don't think the TSSAA would have a fit about a pitch laid out on football field dimensions.

If Notre Dame can get away playing soccer on their football field anyone can. The fence on one side is can't be more than two or three feet away from the out of bounds line. Makes for interesting throw-ins.

If Notre Dame can get away playing soccer on their football field anyone can. The fence on one side is can't be more than two or three feet away from the out of bounds line. Makes for interesting throw-ins.

I'm not a fan of soccer on artificial turf. The multiple lines can get a little confusing. I played a game on a football field, and it was messy trying to remember that the yellow lines were soccer, and the white ones had no effect. Does Ryan have the space out there to play soccer on another field? I realize that having girls' soccer games during football season could cause some issues.

I was able to sit up in the new stands the other day and it has a very good view of the field...There is a walkway between the track and the stands for people to walk from one end of the stadium to the other.....That walkway will completely encircle the field to enable the visiting "railbirds" the opportunity to stand behind their team on the visitors side.. .... The field has been lined for Football, Soccer as well as Lacrosse.........Season tickets went on sale this week as well as season parking passes.....Parking on campus will be $5.00 per game and tickets will be $7.00 per game....All home games start at 7:00pm..... Free Shuttles will run continuously from down Franklin Rd at the satellite parking area for those who don`t park on campus.... .Visiting schools will recieve a certain number of parking passes for their "entourage" to use....Children under 6 years old will always be admitted free......Come on out Sat. Aug. 8 for the Open House beginning with a 4:30pm dedication Mass and running until 9:00pm

I was able to sit up in the new stands the other day and it has a very good view of the field...There is a walkway between the track and the stands for people to walk from one end of the stadium to the other.....That walkway will completely encircle the field to enable the visiting "railbirds" the opportunity to stand behind their team on the visitors side.. .... The field has been lined for Football, Soccer as well as Lacrosse.........Season tickets went on sale this week as well as season parking passes.....Parking on campus will be $5.00 per game and tickets will be $7.00 per game....All home games start at 7:00pm..... Free Shuttles will run continuously from down Franklin Rd at the satellite parking area for those who don`t park on campus.... .Visiting schools will recieve a certain number of parking passes for their "entourage" to use....Children under 6 years old will always be admitted free......Come on out Sat. Aug. 8 for the Open House beginning with a 4:30pm dedication Mass and running until 9:00pm

It sounds like you are going to have a great looking field that everyone will enjoy and be proud to claim as their own. When you have the dedication Mass you may want to say a special prayer for a win against MBA since it has been 10+ years since you last beat them. What will your record be during the 2009 season and will the new field help you win any additional games?