Region 6A Tourney 11A VS 12A

culleokarep

WAY TO GO EAGLES!!!

Great-job on D, especially to Frank C. and Wes L. on the "Twin Towers" (chuckle)

Everybody showed up good on D tonight.

Kudos to the coaches!! They must have done their homework.

It will be a barn-burner with C-Wood..

Can somebody fill us in on individual scoring? /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Summertown. That was an impressive win. Culleoka did not show up to play tonight. They got down and were forced to play away from their strengths. As I had stated in a different thread - Culleoka defense - my one concern was Culleoka against dribble penetration. (Go back and look if you don't believe me.) All three losses were against teams who were able to attack!! Summertown spread the floor and ATTACKED!! Great game plan. As for Culleoka, they relied on Stephens too much. Neither of the twins had more than 5 or 6 touches. Not because they were heavily guarded, but because Culleoka's guards couldn't run the offense through them. Early Culleoka forced shots and made huge mistakes that resulted in easy points. Late Culleoka got stops but forced shots in tight situations. I commend the Summertown Eagles for their fight, determination, and hardwork. Congratulations to the Warriors on a great season. I know disappointment is high right now but you have a lot to be proud of. Both teams have given small communities something to celebrate the past few years.

As for all of you getting on here and bashing Culleoka for this or that, understand that most of these posters are students who look up to these teams. On any given day this could have been a different story with a different ending. We all have been up for something then fallen on the way. Tip your hats to those who succeed and do not bash those that fell short. Stay humble and remember all of these teams are merely kids (teenagers) playing a game they love!!

Congrats to all teams this season!!

Congratulations to Summertown. That was an impressive win. Culleoka did not show up to play tonight. They got down and were forced to play away from their strengths. As I had stated in a different thread - Culleoka defense - my one concern was Culleoka against dribble penetration. (Go back and look if you don't believe me.) All three losses were against teams who were able to attack!! Summertown spread the floor and ATTACKED!! Great game plan. As for Culleoka, they relied on Stephens too much. Neither of the twins had more than 5 or 6 touches. Not because they were heavily guarded, but because Culleoka's guards couldn't run the offense through them. Early Culleoka forced shots and made huge mistakes that resulted in easy points. Late Culleoka got stops but forced shots in tight situations. I commend the Summertown Eagles for their fight, determination, and hardwork. Congratulations to the Warriors on a great season. I know disappointment is high right now but you have a lot to be proud of. Both teams have given small communities something to celebrate the past few years.

As for all of you getting on here and bashing Culleoka for this or that, understand that most of these posters are students who look up to these teams. On any given day this could have been a different story with a different ending. We all have been up for something then fallen on the way. Tip your hats to those who succeed and do not bash those that fell short. Stay humble and remember all of these teams are merely kids (teenagers) playing a game they love!!

Congrats to all teams this season!!

Well said!!!

After hearing all the hype bout Cully, I was sorely disappointed. The Beach twins just aren't skilled players. Yes, they're ok athletes but not basketball skilled and could not score with their backs to the basket....they just looked to pass the ball out back out around the perimeter. Bubba Clifton was the game-changer to me in this game. His energy on both ends of the court and ability to penetrate and dish to the post for easy lay-ins was a huge difference. Neither team could contain penetration very well but S'town had better perimeter spacing and more guards that could get in the lane than did Cully. Good win s'town.

Wayne County made a good run in the upset bid of collinwood but their inability to rotate out to shooters and to guard in the post doomed them. Stown and cwood should be another great game like the district c'ship.

You've got be kiddin Camper! When S'town scored 100 on Moore Co. and District 12A is the only one standing. Good luck in your comments.

You've got be kiddin Camper! When S'town scored 100 on Moore Co. and District 12A is the only one standing. Good luck in your comments.

Oops sorry wrong quote......And to set the record straight it was 102-42 on their home court. Not saying S'town is better than anybody else, but get your facts straight. S'town just loves playing the GAME. Way to go Les Trotter. Great game plan.

Oops sorry wrong quote......And to set the record straight it was 102-42 on their home court. Not saying S'town is better than anybody else, but get your facts straight. S'town just loves playing the GAME. Way to go Les Trotter. Great game plan.

OK.....you scored a 100 points on a team that won 2 games.........congrats??????????? again.

Just commenting on Camper's justification for 11a. I didn't bring it up he did. So congrats to all teams in Region 6 one of the toughest out there.

didnt perry co. beat you guys this year?.....dont overhype summertown...and culleoka plays team defense....its not one guy playin d out there....its not about who culleoka locks down...its more about who on summertown can get a shot off

Culleokarep....WHERE AAARRRREEE YYYOOOUUU.

Box Scores from last night.

Summertown 59, Culleoka 50

Summertown 6 22 12 19

Culleoka 7 8 19 16

Summertown: Frank Campbell 15, Logan Harville 15, Bubba Clifton 13, Wes Long 12, Eli Matthews 4

Culleoka: Chad Stephens 26, Riley Walton 7, Antwane Beech 6, Ryan Pilkinton 5, James Upshaw 3, Cj Holt 2, Shawn Beech 1

3 point goals: Summertown: Wes Long 2: Culleoka Stephens 3, Pilkinton 1, Upshaw 1, Walton 1

Box Scores from last night.

Summertown 59, Culleoka 50

Summertown 6 22 12 19

Culleoka 7 8 19 16

Summertown: Frank Campbell 15, Logan Harville 15, Bubba Clifton 13, Wes Long 12, Eli Matthews 4

Culleoka: Chad Stephens 26, Riley Walton 7, Antwane Beech 6, Ryan Pilkinton 5, James Upshaw 3, Cj Holt 2, Shawn Beech 1

3 point goals: Summertown: Wes Long 2: Culleoka Stephens 3, Pilkinton 1, Upshaw 1, Walton 1

Summertown by 10 Thursday. Mr Basketball finalist Long will have a big game.

Ok let me set the record straight--I AM THE ONE THAT CALLED SUMMERTOWN REDNECKS---not a cully fan. I did this based on an old quote by Coach Willard when he was coaching the boys--"Most of our players drive tractors to practice during the summer"--to me that is redneck and I lived in Stown for 18 years so I kinda get what that means. Now back to basketball. This will be the get back game with Collinwood. If anyone remembers, we did beat them early in the year by putting up 100 on them (100-85). We lost at Cwood-to be expected. Played them to a one pt game in the district. By my count Cwood leads the season 2-1. We get back even on thursday. Summertown will win this game and it will be a classic--several lead changes, several runs, probably no lead bigger than 6-8 points until the end when the dead-eyes start hitting FT. My prediction will be Stown by 8-9 and hosting Sub-State. Does anyone know anything about the other region? Isnt it 5-a we get?