REGION 4AA TOURNAMENT

seymourbutts1

i second the notion. but definitely wont happen. i hate that upperman has the homecourt advantage. i wish we could find neutral sites for districts and regions. this shows the best team w/o someone having homecourt. good luck to all teams

I remember when Jake Brigance requested a change of venue. He was quickly turned down. But, he won anyway. Sort of what I think will happen in this scenario as well. LA wins the Region.

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when Jake Brigance requested a change of venue. He was quickly turned down. But, he won anyway. Sort of what I think will happen in this scenario as well. LA wins the Region.

No Mercy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As far as Regions, That??™s how I see this turning out too. It shouldn't matter where we play, LA will show they are the better team. I know as fans it will be rough conditions for us, hot packed gym.

As for the neutral site argument, I agree that it would be favorable for everyone involved except the host team to play at a neutral site. However, if you look at the other region sites in all classifications, almost all of them are being played at a HS in which the team is still playing. Almost every region in the state has one team with a "home court" advantage. Not a whole lot anyone can do about this at this point. I am sure LA is not worrying about where the game is being played and will come to Baxter ready to play next week. Is it fair? Probably not, but a good team will face the adversity and rise above it.

does anyone think upperman has a chance /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> lol!!!!!! I see them winning the state very easy. no one can play with them, too quick and well coached.

I hope you are not serious. I am an Upperman fan, but I do not see them winning a single game in the state tournament, if they make it that far. They are a really good basketball team, but they can't match up with Austin East, Fulton, or many other teams from Memphis. I like their chances to get to the Boro, just no way they can win it.

What happened on this board yesterday? It looks like the actual basketball games were the only thing not talked about. I couldn??™t get the whole spin on things because it looks like a lot has been deleted but I don??™t care what it was all about, lets get back to basketball talk. Quit the bickering. Hogeye needs to just take care of business!

Let's go boys!

oh, it got very ugly. I am glad it is back to basketball also. Good luck to LA. This is a tough region, I think any of the teams can surprise, but certainly the top 4 seeds are contenders no matter how you slice it.

The next few days will be very interesting!! Good luck, and go bees.

As for the neutral site argument, I agree that it would be favorable for everyone involved except the host team to play at a neutral site. However, if you look at the other region sites in all classifications, almost all of them are being played at a HS in which the team is still playing. Almost every region in the state has one team with a "home court" advantage. Not a whole lot anyone can do about this at this point. I am sure LA is not worrying about where the game is being played and will come to Baxter ready to play next week. Is it fair? Probably not, but a good team will face the adversity and rise above it.

Now your talking.

I would like to hear from some of the DCA people b/c I know that we are not overlooking no one. It happens to pretty average teams but LA is not your average team. Nor is Upperman-Station Camp-Wh-Greenbrier. But I would like for someone that has seen both districts play give us some insight.

Quit the bickering. Hogeye needs to just take care of business!

Let's go boys!

We're way past bickering and I think it's safe to say from these posts why there's trouble in the stands and it has nothing to do with where people sit. Some of you have started a business with customers you can't take care of.

We're way past bickering and I think it's safe to say from these posts why there's trouble in the stands and it has nothing to do with where people sit. Some of you have started a business with customers you can't take care of.

WOW!!! The wisdom of a regional "homer". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

WOW!!! The wisdom of a regional "homer". /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'd stay with basketball if I were you rabbit. Do you think I didn't do my homework when you were on here dogging you own girls.

I'm sure everyone said stuff they should not have but really It doesn??™t matter to me what was said, it needs to be dropped and every get back to Basketball talk.

GO HOGEYE!

Nothing wrong with a little fun. I have never said anything bad about a player or fan on this board. Hogeye21, rockingchair, oldcatfan and I always have a little fun and that makes it exciting. But this thread was started about the 4AA region tournament and most LA fans have made it personal from the beginning about Upperman fans and their school. 8AA fans don't even want to be involved with a mess like this and who can blame them. This is the best time of year for high school basketball and this makes 7AA fans look like the worst in the state. Those that have never seen 7AA basketball (some of the best in the state ) have no desire to because of this thread. That's a shame.