DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

If Casey Prather was a D1 player, he would have carried his team to victory last night. He is not D1 material, yet. He is not mature enough, if he was,he would not have got into foul trouble and caused his team to get too far behind. Look I know a D1player when I see one, and he is not D1 material. I'm not saying the guy can't play ball, but he wasn't any better than the players on DC's team. Ya'll Casey Prather lovers built this guy up way too much. It's very possible Casey can get to be D1 material, but he is not there , yet. Let's just wait and see where he goes after next year, I'm almost sure I'm right on this one. D1 players are hard to come by, and I just didn't see it in him last night. D1 players come up big in big games and Casey didn't do it last night . With the right coach he can be a D1 player by next year, if he works hard enough.

74... thats 1 game.... Prather is good! And if you know D1 players when you see them I guess you weren't watching the same Casey Prather I've seen! Casey WILL go D1!!!!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong, if I am wrong. I could be dead wrong, maybe I'm being too critical of him. Time will tell. Next year he should carry his team to the promise land, if hes as good as ya'll say he is.. D1 players are supposed to do that, you know.

I'll be the first one to admit I was wrong, if I am wrong. I could be dead wrong, maybe I'm being too critical of him. Time will tell. Next year he should carry his team to the promise land, if hes as good as ya'll say he is.. D1 players are supposed to do that, you know.

He won't be able to carry his team by himself. In 3a next year he will have to play reigh egypt and other memphis team in the regional. Then if you make it play region your reward is White Station or Melrose in the substate. So I don't look for anyone to come out of this region next year to go to state in 3a.

Casey Prather is called for four fouls in the game. All four were charges. I have seen probably 50+ game sthis year across West Tennessee and I can count on one hand the number of times I have seen four charges in a game much less on one player. The same was happening to Hudson from Dyer County. He got hot and the refs started calling charges on him.

I mean Prather played nine and a half minutes in the game total and scored 19 points and grabbed nine rebounds. It looks to me that when he was actually in the game, Dyer County could not stop him. And I got the number of mintues played from North Side's official stat keeper.

After the game, the Dyer County radio guy told me that if Prather would have played all night that NS would have blown the Choctaws away.

Just unfortunant that the refs had to decide this game. Dyer County fans cannot truly say this is how they wanted this game decided.

It may have been a diff outcome had he not been in foul trouble, but as 74 said, that was the game plan and he had missed a ton of shouts while on the floor.

As for "the radio guy", he`s a pretty good guy but he`s from Dyersburg, just gets paid to call the games. DC stuck to the gameplan and it worked. Great job guys and coaches !!

As for Prather, I believe he is the real deal, proved it in the 4th, but I don`t think he expected the speedy "D" of DC, therefore just wasn`t prepared.

74 you are dead wrong on this one...Do you realize that Prather is ranked in the top 30. If you are ranked anywhere in the top 250 players 9half times out of 10 you will sign a D-1 scholarship. Jenkins from Station Camp averages 42ppg and didnt make it, so according to your criteria he won't play D-1 either. Thaddeus Young never won a gold ball but he plays in the NBA...anyway good win for Dyer County...man warmachine called this two days ago

No one else is saying it, so I will. DC and NS were very equally matched athletically. There was not a major tip to the scales in talent either. It really came down to one thing.............................COACHING!

Love them or hate them, DC has the best combination of Head and Assistant coaches in West TN, probably the whole state. They were flat out more prepared for last night's game. They watched and studied several hrs of film on NS and knew most of NS's playbook going into the game. After last night's game they spent most of the night watching film on Covington in preparation for thurs. No one has a harder working or more game intelligent coaching staff then DC......period.

As for the bad calls, that was an extremely small amount of bad calls compared to a Region 7AA regular season game. I thought last night was rather refreshing as far as the officiating went. No they didn't make every call and it was called a little tight for my taste, but I did think it was an evenly and consistantly called game.

How about the sisco's Won 2 state titles this decade or how about Dexter Williams won 2 state titles this decade or about the Bolivar head coach that also has won two state titles this decade. These guys have are the best coaches around when the pressure gets the hottest. So I will go with these guys over Mccord.

Evenly and consistently called is correct. But it was evenly and consistently called CRAPPY for both teams.

No Sir. I have seen crappily called games, some in our favor and I will always admit when DC is getting a break (which almost never happens). That was not a badly called game. It was a tightly called game. There is a big difference. Read a rule book sometime. Most games are called a little on the lenient side in the foul dept. ( which I am glad of usually). The biggest complaint I've heard is on charge calls. they were calling charges on lowered shoulders and raised knees last night. It may not be what we are used to but it is not wrong. Prather got his TWO not Four charges called for ducking his shouler into players on his drives, not for running them over. a ducked shoulder is a charge even if the defender's feet are moving. Bobby Knight said the other day (paraphrased) " if two bodies make contact while one has posession of the ball, there is a foul there on one of them". While I don't completely agree with that, it is consistant with basketball rules. Last night was a decently called game.

How about the sisco's Won 2 state titles this decade or how about Dexter Williams won 2 state titles this decade or about the Bolivar head coach that also has won two state titles this decade. These guys have are the best coaches around when the pressure gets the hottest. So I will go with these guys over Mccord.

I didn't say HEAD COACH, I said coaching staff. Granted I think McCord is great, but I don't think any coach has the support he has from his assistants. I also doubt you'll find a coaching staff that as a unit watches as much film and studies the game as much as DC's coaching staff. Give McCord a decade in TN and then you can compare according to state titles. He has almost 100 wins in just three seasons, that's amazing. No, he is not the only one to do it in West TN, but it is still an amazing feat.

I didn't say HEAD COACH, I said coaching staff. Granted I think McCord is great, but I don't think any coach has the support he has from his assistants. I also doubt you'll find a coaching staff that as a unit watches as much film and studies the game as much as DC's coaching staff. Give McCord a decade in TN and then you can compare according to state titles. He has almost 100 wins in just three seasons, that's amazing. No, he is not the only one to do it in West TN, but it is still an amazing feat.

He also never built that program. He had transfers that made dyer co good. If he had to build a team like Dexter Williams and start a program from scatch it would be harder. Or like Coach Witby at Lake County had to do when he first came to lc. I'm not say that McCord is a good x and o guy but the facts or dyer co has never won a state title and the people that i mentioned have. So look at there staff and see who they have on them. It takes alot to have a program that workes from the dephs all the way to compeating for the gold ball.

He also never built that program. He had transfers that made dyer co good. If he had to build a team like Dexter Williams and start a program from scatch it would be harder. Or like Coach Witby at Lake County had to do when he first came to lc. I'm not say that McCord is a good x and o guy but the facts or dyer co has never won a state title and the people that i mentioned have. So look at there staff and see who they have on them. It takes alot to have a program that workes from the dephs all the way to compeating for the gold ball.

Bottom line is the guy can coach....and he prepares an unbelievable amount for a game. Please DO NOT start up about the transfer crap....please.