PICKETT CO. SENDS JACKSON COUNTY HOME!

TopDawg83

Kinda the way they pulled your plug 5 times last year? It was a good win for PC without lowblowing JC. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Actually "they" didn't. I don't recall this years team playing last year. Live in the past if you like but I wasn't lowblowing anyone. JC is well coached and played like they have all year, as good as they could. The fact that anyone would be shocked is funny cause if you've watched any 7A this year you knew it was simply a matter of time until some of the other coaches figured them out. Pickett has always been on the verge and deserved the win. If they beat CR Wednesday my hat's off to them cause they will have deserved that as well.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually "they" didn't. I don't recall this years team playing last year. Live in the past if you like but I wasn't lowblowing anyone. JC is well coached and played like they have all year, as good as they could. The fact that anyone would be shocked is funny cause if you've watched any 7A this year you knew it was simply a matter of time until some of the other coaches figured them out. Pickett has always been on the verge and deserved the win. If they beat CR Wednesday my hat's off to them cause they will have deserved that as well.

Whatever. I don't blame you for not wanting to live in the past. I am a fan of all 7-A. I just thought it was tacky. CR will win it all and go undefeated.

Whatever. I don't blame you for not wanting to live in the past. I am a fan of all 7-A. I just thought it was tacky. CR will win it all and go undefeated.

If you want to compare the past then by all means do so. Only Shelbyville stacks up with CR but that's not the point now is it. I did not mean to sound tacky, as you put it, but having watched JC in about 1/3 of their games this year they always looked the same. J. Brown got all he could out of this particular team and the inevitable happened tonight. PC is tough, has always played tough and hung close to CR in their meeting in Byrdstown. I was not at all shocked or even surprised that they beat JC and I thought they deserved it. They showed alot of heart and JC wasn't hungry for the win. Looking into the future, since we're time traveling, next year 7A will have more parity than at any time in recent history. CR, JC, CC, and PC will all have strong teams.

If you want to compare the past then by all means do so. Only Shelbyville stacks up with CR but that's not the point now is it. I did not mean to sound tacky, as you put it, but having watched JC in about 1/3 of their games this year they always looked the same. J. Brown got all he could out of this particular team and the inevitable happened tonight. PC is tough, has always played tough and hung close to CR in their meeting in Byrdstown. I was not at all shocked or even surprised that they beat JC and I thought they deserved it. They showed alot of heart and JC wasn't hungry for the win. Looking into the future, since we're time traveling, next year 7A will have more parity than at any time in recent history. CR, JC, CC, and PC will all have strong teams.

Agreed that maybe 4 of the top 10 teams in the state next year will be from 7a. PC played an awesome game tonight and finally got to the point that if you stop Laken, JC is toast. That is what happened tonight. Warden, the freshman at JC had an AWESOME first half and will be one to watch in a few years but everyone knew that if Laken did not come alive in the second half PC would win it, and that is exactly what happened. Congrats to PC and good luck in region, substate, and state!!!!

Just a little side note about HOW GOOD UPPER CUMBERLAND BASKETBALL is right now. PC, JC, CR are all semi finals in the region tourney. LA, UHS, CC are all 7aa and in semis or region, CC, CR, JC all three are in boys semis, and LA, UHS, and Dekalb Co are all in boys semis. 12 out of 16 final four in the regions among boys and girls is quite a statement for UC basketball!!!! Awesome job by these athletes this year. Good luck to all in the touneys from here on!!!!

First off congrats JC on a great season. You girls gave it your all this season and we couldn't be more pround of ya'll. Talica and Taylor were going to miss ya'll so much next year. Next I would like to congradulate PC on the win. You all wanted it more tonight so congrats.

Now that being said is all PC fans disrespectful like the ones I had to sit by tonight or is it just a few of them. What i mean by disrespectful is when ya'll scored that last shot to take the lead at the end of the game a few of ya'lls fans were saying "send those cheaters home". To say this to high school girls is just very stupid and disrespectful. I could understand it coming from the students but this was a few older men saying this about them. I'm not in anyway trying to take this win from PC they deserved it tonight but for them to say this about high school girls is stupid and they was also saying the same about CR that we both cheat by getting these transfers coming in that we cant win with home grown girls.

Also I'm not trying to start an arguement on here or whining about it I'm just wondering. But again I'm not trying to start an arguement just wondering.

First off congrats JC on a great season. You girls gave it your all this season and we couldn't be more pround of ya'll. Talica and Taylor were going to miss ya'll so much next year. Next I would like to congradulate PC on the win. You all wanted it more tonight so congrats.

Now that being said is all PC fans disrespectful like the ones I had to sit by tonight or is it just a few of them. What i mean by disrespectful is when ya'll scored that last shot to take the lead at the end of the game a few of ya'lls fans were saying "send those cheaters home". To say this to high school girls is just very stupid and disrespectful. I could understand it coming from the students but this was a few older men saying this about them. I'm not in anyway trying to take this win from PC they deserved it tonight but for them to say this about high school girls is stupid and they was also saying the same about CR that we both cheat by getting these transfers coming in that we cant win with home grown girls.

Also I'm not trying to start an arguement on here or whining about it I'm just wondering. But again I'm not trying to start an arguement just wondering.

I cannot speak for everyone, but I was on the PC side tonight, and as far as I am concerned, if a player like Molly Heady, or Laken Leonard comes to your school, PC included, I guarantee no coach in their right mind does not let them play. It is kind of silly and immature for someone to think that if either of those players had come to PC or Clay Co. or anywhere else that they would not be playing, they would, get over it. As far as I am concerned, those girls went where they thought they had to in order to 1. win a state championship (JC completed that with Laken last year, and CR will this year barring disaster.) 2. play at the next level. Anyone who argues that they would not do the same thing if they thought it would give their child a better chance at a brighter future is probably looking at it through a biased pair of glasses.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> CONGRATULATIONS LADY CATS.

/flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> CONGRATULATIONS LADY CATS.

I think it is funny for the supporters of JC on here for the team to lose. I have read posts all year long about how great they are, and they fall in the region tourney. It just goes to show, tournament time, anything can happen.

I am disappointed for the players and coaches, cause I understand their expectations for the season.

I have nothing against Jackson Co., although I do not like to see any fans, parents, players, or whomever to boast too highly on their team, many times expectations are not filled.

I think it is funny for the supporters of JC on here for the team to lose. I have read posts all year long about how great they are, and they fall in the region tourney. It just goes to show, tournament time, anything can happen.

Tourney time is the second season. Most of the time JC is ready for that.

This year things just didn't work out.