McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

92charger

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats LA on the win, not a lot of people thought yall could pull it off, but this goes to show you it doesn't matter what the record is this time of year, but who plays the best this time of year. So good luck LA throughout the rest of the tournament and bring the gold to the Upper Cumberland. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

BlitzingBuc and My02Cents couldn't have said it better myself.

BB I didn't realize that the Chargerettes had made it 3 years in a row. Yes that is quite an accomplishment. Hats off to your program on a great year. I know it hurts but like you said your day is coming.

2 Cents I have to agree with you about LA facing that type of adversity all year. It really does come into play more times than not. And there's no question that MC has better talent than we do every year and this year was no exception, but that's why they the game.

Gotta disagree with you on that one RC..... LA's talent level is just fine......It just took them a little longer this year to "find themselves" than usual.........but they and Coach Smith got 'it done'......Even if we lose this next game, I wouldn't trade these young ladies for ANY that I've seen this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Gotta disagree with you on that one RC..... LA's talent level is just fine......It just took them a little longer this year to "find themselves" than usual.........but they and Coach Smith got 'it done'......Even if we lose this next game, I wouldn't trade these young ladies for ANY that I've seen this year. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

He isn't saying that we don't have enough talent. He is saying they have more. Gotta give credit where credit is due.. MC and Upperman both have a little more talent and a few more athletes. LA has more heart and better coaching. I am a loyal fan myself, but got to call it like it is.

This made two years in a row for McMinn Central making it to the state tourney, not three. .......La beat them in the roundhouse in 2007. GO HOGEYE

You are right. It was 3 out of 4, not 3 in a row. I think it's 9 out of 13 also. It's just too bad we haven't gotten more than two silver balls, but one day we'll break through.

He isn't saying that we don't have enough talent. He is saying they have more. Gotta give credit where credit is due.. MC and Upperman both have a little more talent and a few more athletes. LA has more heart and better coaching. I am a loyal fan myself, but got to call it like it is.

TY Overton Co. Fan I have said so much I don't know if I'm coming or going. But I didn't mean it like it sounded.

You are right. It was 3 out of 4, not 3 in a row. I think it's 9 out of 13 also. It's just too bad we haven't gotten more than two silver balls, but one day we'll break through.

You will break through because you all have tremendous fan support, good coaching, tradition and what seem like great kids/student-athletes! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

OK-- It's always nice to have someone around who can interpret posts for others..............Guess I must have nodded off there for awhile..........Didn't realize our talent pool was at such a low level.........Apparently(according to your statement) Overton Co. just doesn't produce the athletes that other areas produce...........Looks to me like you need to stay off of that moonshine. It's starting to effect your thinking. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I clearly stated that the teams deserve to be there who won = CREDIT

Are you saying that the polls are just made up lol. come on now that's ridiculous. You don't have to go to school to be educated about something. For example, it didn't take a teacher to make Newton realize that an apple falling from a tree and hitting him in the head is caused by gravity.

I haven't been on here in a while it seems...there have been quite a few more pages added to this thread since previously when I posted.

Let me tell you something about your polls, buddy. I don't care if Upperman was number one in the nation, when it comes tournament time, the margin for error is very slim. Yeah, some teams can coast through a game and can overcome a lot of mistakes, but evidently Upperman wasn't one of those teams. I don't care where Upperman was ranked, the fact of the matter is that they are sitting at home right now while LA is in the 'Boro. If you expect me to think that polls meant everything this year and "Upperman was ranked in the state..." and all of that, then you need to just move on over to another thread. Congratulations to the Lady Wildcats for playing some of the best ball that I have seen in a long time. The hunger for each win is so obvious to see in each player's eyes. But crow6424, don't make excuses for your team, just deal with the fact that you can't win them all. Don't throw the polls up at everyone, because they don't mean jack during March Madness.

Sincerely,

Wildcat324

I want to Congratulate McMinn Central on an outstanding season. As many of you feel your season came up short, don't let that one loss (a tough one at that) take away from what your team has accomplished. I saw the game and proud LA won, but your young ladies showed sportsmanship during the game and after the game shaking hands. Coach Morgan as I am sure hurting appeared very gracious as well with Coach Smith at the end of the game in what appeared to be very congratulatory. Nice reflection on all as I want to believe that it comes from the home too. Be proud of your girls and cherish the things they did this season.

Lady Wildcats, you girls played well and I thought you carried yourselves very well and showed good sportsmanship as did Coach Smith. Good luck to you the rest of the way! Go LA!

I haven't been on here in a while it seems...there have been quite a few more pages added to this thread since previously when I posted.

Let me tell you something about your polls, buddy. I don't care if Upperman was number one in the nation, when it comes tournament time, the margin for error is very slim. Yeah, some teams can coast through a game and can overcome a lot of mistakes, but evidently Upperman wasn't one of those teams. I don't care where Upperman was ranked, the fact of the matter is that they are sitting at home right now while LA is in the 'Boro. If you expect me to think that polls meant everything this year and "Upperman was ranked in the state..." and all of that, then you need to just move on over to another thread. Congratulations to the Lady Wildcats for playing some of the best ball that I have seen in a long time. The hunger for each win is so obvious to see in each player's eyes. But crow6424, don't make excuses for your team, just deal with the fact that you can't win them all. Don't throw the polls up at everyone, because they don't mean jack during March Madness.

Sincerely,

Wildcat324

I don't remember asking you if polls meant anything and I don't remember making excuses buddy. Maybe you should read the post that you quote and pretty sure this is a discussion board so anyone can post on a related topic so I'll just stay on this thread.