McMinn Central vs Livingston Academy

92charger

It is sometimes hard to admit that you got beat by a better team.........There's no doubt McMinn Cen. had a very good team.............LA just happened to be better............Did you ever stop to think that your team's 'wheels' didn't fall off by themselves...........They were knocked off by LA..........LA's defense is what put your team in a daze....Sorry, but you're not used to facing the hard-nosed defense like the Upper Cumberland plays............................Don't blame the girls for losing. Maybe if your coach would schedule a few games out in the real world, rather than trying to pad a season record, then you might be able to go futher once you play REAL competition.--------------By the way; Your "best team" in the state is not 34-0--------------It's 34-1 /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Looking forward to seeing LA play Saturday if they can win on Friday. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference maker is coaching. The coach keeps the team fighting, keeps the team wanting, and keeps the team's heart and desire at a high level.

Coaching is how LA manages to beat Upperman and McMinn. They are the better teams on paper and maybe even talent wise. However, when push comes to shove Coach Smith will win when it matters most. The LA girls have done a great job throughout the season by keeping their heads up when some of the LA fans were doubting their abilities. They kept playing and it is paying off.

I agree with you Havoc that coaching is a very big part of the game. Did she out coach her opponent last night. I would say yes, but the players play the game. All a coach can do is put his or her players in the right positions to make plays. And I think that coach Smith does that as good or better than any coach in the state. She is as good of a "GAME" coach as there is and she makes the right adjustments throughout the course of a game. But everything still has to fall into place. Shots have to fall and you have to get some breaks and the ball has to bounce your way more times than not. But I have always been a firm believer that you make your own breaks.

I would rate coach Smith as a very talented coach. She has been on this stage many times and has had lots of success. But I gurantee you she would be the first to tell you that a coach is only as good as their players. LA is very lucky to have her as their coach.

I agree with you Havoc that coaching is a very big part of the game. Did she out coach her opponent last night. I would say yes, but the players play the game. All a coach can do is put his or her players in the right positions to make plays. And I think that coach Smith does that as good or better than any coach in the state. She is as good of a "GAME" coach as there is and she makes the right adjustments throughout the course of a game. But everything still has to fall into place. Shots have to fall and you have to get some breaks and the ball has to bounce your way more times than not. But I have always been a firm believer that you make your own breaks.

I would rate coach Smith as a very talented coach. She has been on this stage many times and has had lots of success. But I gurantee you she would be the first to tell you that a coach is only as good as their players. LA is very lucky to have her as their coach.

Keep in mind, you folks only heard one negative post from us Chargerette fans. Most all of us will give credit where credit is due and I will give a lot of credit to the L A players and coach for a job well done. They showed great effort and heart along with a good game plan against us. Good Luck the rest of the way.

Now I will agree with that.

Keep in mind, you folks only heard one negative post from us Chargerette fans. Most all of us will give credit where credit is due and I will give a lot of credit to the L A players and coach for a job well done. They showed great effort and heart along with a good game plan against us. Good Luck the rest of the way.

"Chargerette": You could take a few lessons in class from a very 'classy' "OldSchoolCharger"...... Congrats on your fine season...........Good luck to a great group of seniors. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Thanks be given to ya!! I know how it is with some give negativity due to being dissapointed. Congrats to your MMC team who worked hard and had a great record. Goodluck to you too on the upcoming year.

You are exactly right and I'm sure if we had lost that it would have been reversed. Like our old friend "gatorbillmsu" says..... that poster that made that negative post would fall in the 5% of your fan base. Every team has them and that's just the way is. Appreciate your post and respect your team. If your team had won I know that many of the LA fans would have pulled for your team unless of course you played a team from our region.

You are exactly right and I'm sure if we had lost that it would have been reversed. Like our old friend "gatorbillmsu" says..... that poster that made that negative post would fall in the 5% of your fan base. Every team has them and that's just the way is. Appreciate your post and respect your team. If your team had won I know that many of the LA fans would have pulled for your team unless of course you played a team from our region.

When I went to Central to watch the Upperman game we had a very small area for Upperman fans and I was right on the end that joined the McMinn Central crowd. I will say everyone around me was really nice except for one big guy. He was part of that 5%. When Lashay was fouled real hard he yelled "Take her out". I just stopped and looked at him like Seriously? I knew he had to be the village idiot because everyone else was extremely nice. It just takes one and every crowd has one.

OSC, first I'd like to thank you for letting me ride to the game with you, and even buying my meal after the game. You have a wonderful wife and Granddaughter who had to put up with me, so I thank them also. The city of Etowah, and McMinn Central High School is blessed to have someone like you......and I feel blessed that I can call you a friend.

About the game......well, it was a heartbreaker, mainly because they had one of their worst shooting games over the last couple of years - both from the court and the free-throw line. As much as I hate it for the Central fans, I hate it more for the girls - and especially the Seniors who went 67-4 over the past two years. They got within one game last year of playing for the coveted state championship, losing to the eventual champion, Marshal County by two points. Expectations were high this year that the Chargerettes would get to play in that state championship game, having virtually all of the same girls back. Coach Morgan set the goal high at the beginning of the season. Yesterday ended their run and they fell two games short of playing for it all......so I'd say the girls have been extremely successful in what they've accomplished. The hurt, pain, and tears will soon go away for them.......and they'll eventually see just how high they've raised the bar for the Chargerette program. The Chargerette fans will come out en masse again next year to support a strong program that Coach Morgan has built. On paper, with the loss of some key seniors, next year's team won't be quite as good, but with the returning talent I believe by season's end they'll have enough experience to make it to sub-state, and possibly to the state tournament again.

LA fans.....your team played hard and did what they needed to do in the 3rd quarter to not only wipe out an 8 point halftime deficit, but to have about an 8 point lead by the start of the 4th quarter. #22 was shooting lights out from beyond the arc, and by the time our girls adjusted their defense, that young lady had already sank about 5 in a row. My compliments to the coaching staff and players for LA in seizing the moment. After watching Westview beat Elizabethton prior to our game yesterday, I thought the winner of the Central/LA game would beat Westview.......so get 'r done and go play for that state championship Saturday!!!

Maybe we'll meet up again next year in Murfreesboro!

I think LA and Upperman proved that you were not the best in the state. You just barely got by Upperman at home and I'm sure if you played at Upperman you would have lost. LA's strength of schedule here on coacht is #1 in the state and your team is ranked #51. LA's losses came to teams like Upperman, Clarkrange, Cookeville, Jackson Co., and Shelbyville. LA was just well tested at the end of the year. LA beat Polk in the substate by 22. McMinn played Polk 4 times and only beat them by more than 22 only once and one time they beat Polk by only 4 points. I think the best team in the state is still playing. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Very interesting.

When I went to Central to watch the Upperman game we had a very small area for Upperman fans and I was right on the end that joined the McMinn Central crowd. I will say everyone around me was really nice except for one big guy. He was part of that 5%. When Lashay was fouled real hard he yelled "Take her out". I just stopped and looked at him like Seriously? I knew he had to be the village idiot because everyone else was extremely nice. It just takes one and every crowd has one.

OMG the village idiot comment is hilarious, we have a 5% crowd from LA that just dont know how stupid they look when they act that way. And most of the time every team has one village idiot in the crown and sometimes more. Bad thing is, it is real embarassing for the ones who just love the girls and boys that play and love the game. Most people always hope for an injury free game on both teams. But leave it to the 5% who dont really care about the players, it is really about them at the time, wanting to be the "Village Idiot" in the crowd. The ones that do it like it I guess. It is not OK though. I will have to say most of the LA Fans are absolutely great people with big hearts and support there team to the fullest. I love to see a big crowd at all the games. And LA fans most of the time definately show up.