Hampton vs. Cornersville

Lord Vader

Thats about the most idiotic thing ive heard yet! So you are sayin that this only applies to double and trippl A?

I am saying that a single A team that plays the type of schedule Hampton played can be battled tested and still have a losing record in those big games. Many of those losses were to AA state tournament teams, AA regional semi-finalist, a AAA regional semi-finalist, and one very good single A team. Hampton played up in class and does not have a great record, but I believe you will see how battle tested they are! Go Dogs!!!!!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PRESS? Are you sreious? Look for Hampton to be in foul trouble early if that happens! I hope they do press cause they will be in for a long game!!!!!!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> When they realize they need to get out of it it will be too late!!!

I'm pretty sure Coach Tolley knows when to press and when not to press...

I'm pretty sure Coach Tolley knows when to press and when not to press...

Vader, this guy is a moron. Its just too bad that Cornersville will find out the hard way that the state tournament is not for rookies. Hampton's press will completely dismantle Cornersville. Hampton is well-coached and knows how to play D without making stupid fouls. They are quick and won't have to double team anyone. I look for Hampton to set the pace and score most of their points on transition baskets. They will win by 12-15 pts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Vader, this guy is a moron. Its just too bad that Cornersville will find out the hard way that the state tournament is not for rookies. Hampton's press will completely dismantle Cornersville. Hampton is well-coached and knows how to play D without making stupid fouls. They are quick and won't have to double team anyone. I look for Hampton to set the pace and score most of their points on transition baskets. They will win by 12-15 pts. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Haha. They better eat their wheaties if they plan on beating Cornersville period. You will see what i am talking about when they start to press!

I'm not going to jump in with a prediction here, since this the first time ever these two teams have played, and know nothing about each other than that they're both Bulldogs. The press has been a game-changer for Hampton many times this season, so we'll see. I'm just so proud that the Hampton Lady 'Dogs are in the state this year, when no-one was even giving them a shot at winning the conference. M Oliver and the other seniors made the state when they were freshmen, so what a great way for them to go out.I'm planning to drive down tomorrow, and win or lose, I'm happy for them. They've done themselves and our town proud, and I hope they have a great game to remember for the rest of their lives.

I am saying that a single A team that plays the type of schedule Hampton played can be battled tested and still have a losing record in those big games. Many of those losses were to AA state tournament teams, AA regional semi-finalist, a AAA regional semi-finalist, and one very good single A team. Hampton played up in class and does not have a great record, but I believe you will see how battle tested they are! Go Dogs!!!!!!!

Maybe I'm misreading the post, but how did Hampton play up in class? They're in A so they couldn't play up.

All I am saying is they did not play a cupcake schedule full of weak single A teams. They scheduled some very good AA and AAA teams. They also played 8 games against Cloudland and North Greene, two outstanding single A teams. When you do that, you may not have a great record, but it makes you a much better team. I do not understand why you all are having such a hard time understanding the point I am trying to make. There are only 5 teams in District 1A, so they have lots of games to schedule against non-district foes.