Hampton vs. Cornersville

Lord Vader

I think Hampton has the heart and determination to win this tournament. Hampton may very well bring home the gold ball to the Alliance. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Big mistake if they overlook Cornersville!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know much about Hampton, but I do know Cornersville and the teams they play, cause we have played some of the same teams.......Cornersville will give Hampton every thing they can handle and more, I am so proud of Cornersville for making the Elite 8......Go Lady Dawgs and Lady Rockets!!!!!!!! Marshall County teams ROCK!!!!!!!!

Don't know much about Hampton, but I do know Cornersville and the teams they play, cause we have played some of the same teams.......Cornersville will give Hampton every thing they can handle and more, I am so proud of Cornersville for making the Elite 8......Go Lady Dawgs and Lady Rockets!!!!!!!! Marshall County teams ROCK!!!!!!!!

Well siad Auntkim! Congrats to your Rockets as well. Tough draw in the first round though.

I dont think anything was said about Hampton overlooking anyone

Maybe Hampton will give Cornersville everything they can handle

They are too well coached and too experienced to overlook anybody. You might want to relook that schedule. They played AA Elizabethton twice and AA South Greene once (both teams are in the state tourney). They played Cloudland (Took Oliver Springs to triple OT) four times. They also played North Greene (ranked in the top ten most of the season) four times. Add two games with a very good AA Unicoi Co., two games with AA Happy Valley, one game with a good AA Chuckey-Doak, and one game with AAA Cumberland County. That is 17 "baptisms of fire" that have them battle tested. I don't think Cornersville's schedule was that tough.

OK maybe you need to check our schedule! Went 3-0 against Collinwood, 1-1 againts Wayne County, 1-1 against Huntland, 2-1 against Moore County,1-1 against Richland,1-0 against Summertown,2-0 against Mcewen! Wayne County,Collinwood,Moore County,and McEwen were very capable of going to the boro! 7-10 was your record in all those "baptism by fire" games. You gotta have a winning record in those kind of games to really be battle tested!

They are too well coached and too experienced to overlook anybody. You might want to relook that schedule. They played AA Elizabethton twice and AA South Greene once (both teams are in the state tourney). They played Cloudland (Took Oliver Springs to triple OT) four times. They also played North Greene (ranked in the top ten most of the season) four times. Add two games with a very good AA Unicoi Co., two games with AA Happy Valley, one game with a good AA Chuckey-Doak, and one game with AAA Cumberland County. That is 17 "baptisms of fire" that have them battle tested. I don't think Cornersville's schedule was that tough.

You forgot the wins that Hampton got against AAA Science Hill and AA Stone Memorial in the first two games of the year. It is an error with the coacht schedule not to have them listed...

7-10 was your record in all those "baptism by fire" games. You gotta have a winning record in those kind of games to really be battle tested!

The Dawgs were hurt big time by injuries during most of those games. I'm not saying Hampton is gonna kill everybody at the Boro. I'm just saying that now that they are healthy, they are tough. The losses to Cumberland Co., South Greene, Cloudland, Happy Valley, and at home against Elizabethton were the only ones of those 10 losses where the Dawgs were at full strength. Hampton has only lost one 1A game when at full strength and that was on Roan Mountain to Cloudland. Regardless, Wednesday should a fun day in the Boro...

OK maybe you need to check our schedule! Went 3-0 against Collinwood, 1-1 againts Wayne County, 1-1 against Huntland, 2-1 against Moore County,1-1 against Richland,1-0 against Summertown,2-0 against Mcewen! Wayne County,Collinwood,Moore County,and McEwen were very capable of going to the boro! 7-10 was your record in all those "baptism by fire" games. You gotta have a winning record in those kind of games to really be battle tested!

Not when you are single A, you don't. Cornersville may win this game, but you will never convince me Cornersville played a tougher schedule.

Not when you are single A, you don't. Cornersville may win this game, but you will never convince me Cornersville played a tougher schedule.

Guess we will never know since Hampton does not play the teams that we play and we do not play they teams that Hampton plays. Our schedule was pretty tuff though.