Hampton vs. Cornersville

Lord Vader

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody tell how the game played out?

Cornersville just could not get any shots to fall. Missed alot of easy baskets and give up too many second chance points. Was expecting the jitters at first since this is all new to them and it was a good game the first half but came out flat after halftime and got too far behind. Anyway, I do want to commend the girls on a great season and congrats to Hampton on a game well played.

Cornersville just could not get any shots to fall. Missed alot of easy baskets and give up too many second chance points. Was expecting the jitters at first since this is all new to them and it was a good game the first half but came out flat after halftime and got too far behind. Anyway, I do want to commend the girls on a great season and congrats to Hampton on a game well played.

Cornersville had the case of the nerves I believe, was pulling for them so much!!!! Congrats on making the Elite 8 and a trip to the 'Boro is soooo cool.....Marshall County girls 'basketball is building a great tradition!! Wished it had turned out differently, but what a great season you ladies had !!! Congrats to Hampton and good luck as you continue against Madison....It was nice meeting you sum1 !!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Wow, who would have thought it? Here's a team that no-one thought too much of all year, and they're in the final 4!?!?!? Wow. They came out, stayed calm, played TOUGH hard-nosed defense, and took Cornersville out of their game right off the bat. They play Madison friday in the semis, should be fun again. I don't know the first thing about Madison, but I'm sure that Coach Tolley is doing his homework as we speak. Quite likely, Hampton again won't be the favorite, but with how they're going right now, I wouldn't bet against them! Go Lady Dogs!

I meant to say this in my last post, but got a bit carried away. I want to give props to Cornersville on a great season, just to get to the Boro is an accomplishment in itself. Today is the first time a Hampton ladies team has won a state game, EVER, so we know how it is. If you keep at it, it'll happen at some point. Keep your heads up, you've done good.

I meant to say this in my last post, but got a bit carried away. I want to give props to Cornersville on a great season, just to get to the Boro is an accomplishment in itself. Today is the first time a Hampton ladies team has won a state game, EVER, so we know how it is. If you keep at it, it'll happen at some point. Keep your heads up, you've done good.

Thanks for the props! Our girls have worked hard this year and I think they surprised themselves by making state this year. It's just a testament to what hard work and playing as a team will get you! I hate that the seniors didn't get to go out with a bang this year but thats how it is sometimes. I have enjoyed watching them play this year and they have alot to be proud of!! They weren't the best team today but they will be back if they keep up the hard work. To the Bulldogs of Cornersville you have made us proud! We knew they were gonna be good but man they surprised us all! Thanks for making this season such a memorable one. To the Bulldogs of Hampton.. Congrats on your win and may you make it to the Ship! Good luck and play injury free!