Temple Dynasty!

TempleTrue

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until public schools can "build a program" like the private schools, they should not be in the playoffs against public schools. This is agrued every year and should be until the recruiting schools are in a division of their own. Half the teams in the finals are private...enough is enough.

I don't agree with that statement. It doesn't really bother most of us who have mostly public schools. It is sort of like this ridiculous post about a dynasty. These numbers do look very impressive, but you have to realize where the seasons are played at and the area. It is apples and oranges. The stats do provide for a good "pat" on the back, but place this team in certain districts or regions of the state and they are around a .500 team. And a .500 team isn't bad in some of these areas. The "horses" of the team do not get many off nights in alot of places. But once again, those stats are impressive and should make a Temple grad/parent proud. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I don't agree with that statement. It doesn't really bother most of us who have mostly public schools. It is sort of like this ridiculous post about a dynasty. These numbers do look very impressive, but you have to realize where the seasons are played at and the area. It is apples and oranges. The stats do provide for a good "pat" on the back, but place this team in certain districts or regions of the state and they are around a .500 team. And a .500 team isn't bad in some of these areas. The "horses" of the team do not get many off nights in alot of places. But once again, those stats are impressive and should make a Temple grad/parent proud. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I am not really sure how you figure that Temple would only be a .500 team in other districts? Tennessee Temple and Grace Baptist are the only two teams in the state tournament who are from the same district (not to mention the obvious that they are the only two teams even from the same region). If other districts were so tough, then why aren't there more teams from the same district at the tourney? Just curious.

Region 7 and 8 are tough regions to play out of, I am sure, but not any tougher than ours. As far as I can tell you only have a few teams from those regions emerging to play at the tourney on a consistent basis.

I am not really sure how you figure that Temple would only be a .500 team in other districts? Tennessee Temple and Grace Baptist are the only two teams in the state tournament who are from the same district (not to mention the obvious that they are the only two teams even from the same region). If other districts were so tough, then why aren't there more teams from the same district at the tourney? Just curious.

Region 7 and 8 are tough regions to play out of, I am sure, but not any tougher than ours. As far as I can tell you only have a few teams from those regions emerging to play at the tourney on a consistent basis.

OK..maybe that's why we always send one of the following:

?- A Memphis Team

Union City, Humboldt, Lake County, Middleton, Greenfield, Trenton Peabody.....we don't always send the same 1 or 2...that is part of the point I was making. These teams aren't real good one year and real bad the next, it is more of the team for the specific year. If we were sending one team or even two teams every year, then I would be backing your post. If you are sending the same 2 every year or so, then it says alot about your regions.

As much as I hate to agree with west tn folks I ihave to on this post. Temple is good and always has been good but i wish people would stop saying how tough their region is there are only three good teams in the region(Temple, Grace, and CSAS) and one mediocre team(South Pittsburg) Just to prove my point my patriots(CSAS) just completed a 3 year 50-0 run intheir district Their only losses in the region the last three years have either been to Temple or Grace, Temple's only losses have been to either Grace or CSAS, Grace's only losses have been to Temple and CSAS, and the one slip up to Silverdale this year. The region is not good these three teams are good) From what I have been hearing its only going to be a two horse race next year with Grace and CSAS. Not to take anythin away from temple because you have to beat the people on your schedule, but lets be realistic. Congrats to Temple on all of your success

OK..maybe that's why we always send one of the following:

?- A Memphis Team

Union City, Humboldt, Lake County, Middleton, Greenfield, Trenton Peabody.....we don't always send the same 1 or 2...that is part of the point I was making. These teams aren't real good one year and real bad the next, it is more of the team for the specific year. If we were sending one team or even two teams every year, then I would be backing your post. If you are sending the same 2 every year or so, then it says alot about your regions.

you forgot about CSAS....state runner up two years ago... CCS (before the multiplier) won gold in 2001...and I am not saying that year in and year out those teams are not good and provide great competition... however NONE of them have dominated the competition like Temple has...THE PAST 10 YEARS...and don't talk about the way things WOULD have been you don't know because 1) You are not Omniscient, and 2) it DIDN'T happen that way...union city was AA as were some other teams that eventually dropped down... I was just talking about what HAS Happened.... and to say that because the same two teams are consistently better from a particular region or district, and that necessarily means the competition is bad...is a illogical.

Duke has won 9 of 12 ACC tournament championships...does that mean the competition is bad in the ACC because the same team keeps winning... terrible argument... especially when temple wins 3 gold balls by beating the best of the rest of the state...

UNC and Duke are consistently the best teams in the ACC...does that mean everyone else is bad...is that why they win??? again really pathetic argument...

As much as I hate to agree with west tn folks I ihave to on this post. Temple is good and always has been good but i wish people would stop saying how tough their region is there are only three good teams in the region(Temple, Grace, and CSAS) and one mediocre team(South Pittsburg) Just to prove my point my patriots(CSAS) just completed a 3 year 50-0 run intheir district Their only losses in the region the last three years have either been to Temple or Grace, Temple's only losses have been to either Grace or CSAS, Grace's only losses have been to Temple and CSAS, and the one slip up to Silverdale this year. The region is not good these three teams are good) From what I have been hearing its only going to be a two horse race next year with Grace and CSAS. Not to take anythin away from temple because you have to beat the people on your schedule, but lets be realistic. Congrats to Temple on all of your success

again because 2 teams are great/ dominant does not mean that the other teams are terrible... especially when those two teams and sometimes the 3rd are ALWAYS playing in state championship games... 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007(gold/silver)

I will say that after CCS and Boyd (state champs 1996) left in 2005-2006 the competition was not AS good...but even then a good grace team emerged to play in the state ship against a great Union City Team, and Temple beat Humboldt and continued on to get gold in 2007...

again because 2 teams are great/ dominant does not mean that the other teams are terrible... especially when those two teams and sometimes the 3rd are ALWAYS playing in state championship games... 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007(gold/silver)

I will say that after CCS and Boyd (state champs 1996) left in 2005-2006 the competition was not AS good...but even then a good grace team emerged to play in the state ship against a great Union City Team, and Temple beat Humboldt and continued on to get gold in 2007...

lets be for real CSAS,TEMPLE,and GRACE are all great teams and great programs but lets not kid ourselves the rest of the region is terrible. I think the big three can compete with anyone in the state in Single A year in and year out as evidence by the amount of silver and gold balls brought home over the last 5 years but you cant seriously believe that South pitt, silverdale, sale creek, lookout valley, richard hardy, david brainerd, and 21st century can compete with anyone outside of chattanooga. I haev said it before and i will say it agains back in the 90's when lookout valley was good and you had CSAS,Temple, Grace, Chatt Christian, and Boyd Buchanan in the same district yeah this was the toughest region in the state but thats not the case anymore

Although Sexton is being recruited by UT-Chattanooga, I also heard UT-Martin was also recruiting him...Tell him to come on over and play for the Skyhawks..He'd get to play with former Union City Mr Basketball winners M.J. Brown and Marquis Weddle....Love to have him over here in West Tn...!!!.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Although Sexton is being recruited by UT-Chattanooga, I also heard UT-Martin was also recruiting him...Tell him to come on over and play for the Skyhawks..He'd get to play with former Union City Mr Basketball winners M.J. Brown and Marquis Weddle....Love to have him over here in West Tn...!!!.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Now -- why in the world would he want to do that?