McMillan to UTM Lady Skyhawks?

Volunatic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If things go as everyone thinks they will tomorrow.....Gibson Co. -gold ball and all.......does McMillan go to UTM-womens job and does the legend (Russell) return to the bench as head man at GC?

LOL, nice rumor. Do you actually believe Coach McMillan would leave Butler, Griffin, and Reedy for their Senior seasons? I HIGHLY doubt it. I've heard that Coach McMillan is wanting to eventually go to the college level. However, he's had this Junior class since their Freshman year. Doubt that he'll leave them before their Senior season. After next year, I could see him getting a college job, but we'll see! As far as we all know, Coach Tansil-Gentry at UTM still has her job. This is just a rumor for now!

From a very good source, this is more than rumor, if he wins it all, what's the point in coming back, the UTM job won't be open in 2 years, just this year. He's already been at the college level once, but was an asst. for Insell at MTSU...(when your at the boro, look at the team banners for the sun belt in the rafters, (Denver to Fla. Intl.(Miami)) I think the travel is a little easier in the OVC, what is it 5 hrs to E. Kentucky.....and he would be there to sign Butler, Rechis, and Fussell, all he would have to do is go to Kenya or somewhere and get a 6'5' girl and he would win the OVC.......

The UTM job will NOT be open this year........this is nothing but a rumor. Tara Tansil-Gentry is the head coach at UTM right now and will be next year.

Thanks for squashing that discussion NSHD! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The UTM job will NOT be open this year........this is nothing but a rumor. Tara Tansil-Gentry is the head coach at UTM right now and will be next year.

Thank you! This thread needs closed!

Vol, don't say this guy don't know what he's talking about, you might make yourself look alot less credible if you say heavyd isn't speaking the truth.

LOL, nice rumor. Do you actually believe Coach McMillan would leave Butler, Griffin, and Reedy for their Senior seasons? I HIGHLY doubt it. I've heard that Coach McMillan is wanting to eventually go to the college level. However, he's had this Junior class since their Freshman year. Doubt that he'll leave them before their Senior season. After next year, I could see him getting a college job, but we'll see! As far as we all know, Coach Tansil-Gentry at UTM still has her job. This is just a rumor for now!

dude, let me correct several errors in your post:

1) McMillan "left" Miss Basketball nominee Latoya Bellamy, Laura Crittendon, Kendra Owens, Sierra Thomas, Lee Ricketts, Megan Witherspoon, etc to go to the college level. Say what you want, that collection for Westview was better than the collection of players he has returning for GC. That Westview group was ranked #1 the entire year in TN the following year if I remember correctly, before losing unexpectantly in Region

2) He did not have the feeling of accomplishment (winning gold ball) with that Westview crew as he does with this GC crew, so probably even easier to leave

3) He did not coach these juniors their freshman year

4) You can't up and decide to leave after their senior season if the job is not there

5) and to correct NSHD error above, the Tansil situation is FAR from resolved

41-104 in six seasons isn't getting it done....

Now with UTM actually putting $$$ into their athletic programs and the success of the football team and mens's basketball program, I can't see them allowing their women's program to wallow in 2-27 seasons anymore....

Plus with the popularity of women's basketball in the state of Tennessee, putting a winner on the court in that program should be a priority.....McMillan would be a perfect choice seeing as how he has ties to the area, has dealt with recruiting and coached on the college level under Insell at MTSU.....I bet they would show marked improvement from this past season to next under someone like McMillan....

Even if it isn't McMillan I can't for the life of me see why they would stick with Tansil-Gentry any longer...