TSSAA conspiracy against W.Tn Basketball

Guest snakedriver

I got an idea. Let's just give each of these west Tn. teams that have been so conspired against a gold ball and let them stay home.......That way someone else might have a chance......According to some of these posters, none of the pittiful middle and east Tn. teams have a chance against them anyway. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If you could cry your way to a state championship, west Tn would definitely be the winner hands down. ------------By the way, yankees8589 . I'll make sure I spend a bunch of extra cash at the tourney to compensate for the few bucks lost from your non attendance.

I like it!!!!!!!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk but I bet they're planning on going to high school at Temple /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They are definitely from east tn.......they are in on it too, dad burn it!!!!!!!

Guest snakedriver

This is possibly the dumbest comment i have ever heard in my life.

Yea, but it sure does seem like alot of people want to comment.....hey dont take it to serious.....but conspiracy theories are always fun to throw around. especially when unlikely things happen like the first round in 1a.

I have no allegiance to either team, DIRTBAG. You can take your ball and do whatever with it you like....you can even shove it up you you know what for all I care. I can spend my money anyway I like. You or noone else can force me to do something I don't support o principal. BOO HOO THAT IDIOT!!!!!! I didn't ask for you to reply to me I was just stating an opinion.

Every time you get offended, somebody gets a name called...you must be the most insecure person on this site..which leads to childish arrogance, anger issues and crocodile tear comments. Please take your cash and spend more on rivals and espn so you can copy and paste your wealth of knowledge about high school basketball to try and make the rest of us look as if we have no business talking bball on here as we are well below your plagerized IQ. Oh yeah, many don't ask you to rply to their opinion either but yet you hit reply countless times to spew your online bookstore knowledge to the rest of the coacht nation.

YES!!!!! A friend and I went last season and probably dropped close to 100 dollars each in one day. It may not mean much to the TSAA or anybody else but I can guarantee that is 200 dollars less they will make this season because we will not be going this season and may not go back again unless something is changed.

I did that 3 times last week!! Enjoyed every minute of it! Going to next week as well. My kid cant wait to get the oppurtunity to play in such an atmosphere when she makes it to high school.

So keep your money, save it for something you need...like anger/crybaby if you don't agree with me management! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The teams should be seeded 1 through 8......PERIOD. All this talk that seedings wouldn't be fair is BS. Seeding would be based on the toatl body of work over the course of the whole seson. Serious unbiased basketball people would fairly easily be able to see 1 through 8. BLIND DRAW IS TOTAL BS AND A SHAM......I don't know how the surroundong states do it but to draw names out of a hat is about as unscientific as can be....IT'S A JOKE and a setup up because you only have 8 teams and the blind draw is exactly what's needed to INCREASE THE ODDS OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENING. ANY OTHER FORMULA AND SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. The blind draw is a sham and should be done away with. Don't expect it though because this is what's needed to help the odds of certain parts of the state. The best teams should be rewarded in the first round....NOT PUNISHED. How hard is that to understand. They were rewarded in first round of the districts and regionals. How hard is that to understand.

I had every intention of going to the boro on Saturday and watching all three games. This is a game changer for me. I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS EVENT WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY. Any penny spent at this event will be a penny that rewards this BS. THEY WILL NOT GET ONE CENT FROM ME. I understand they have been having attendance and financial issuse here and there over the last few seasons anyway....If people feel so strongly the should boycott. I may not even watch the finals on TV. March madness is on oanyway.Then by all means stay home!

Oh, yeah! Those are definitely little Crusaders! /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Look how sad the boy in green looks because he doesn't get the "special treat" for putting Manassas and Humbolt in the first game!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Conspiracy? No! Bad system? Yes! Another poster said divide the state into 4 geographic regions as best possible and seed them that way. I have to agree with at least tryin' this. This is not "Thunderdome"! 8 TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES! 8 TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES! AP rankings are crap always have been and will be until the voters get a chance to see teams from other areas. Team rankings are crap too. Manassas has had a different schedule than HB. Humbodlt is good, real good, but if they played in Memphis, like Manassas, they would have a loss or 2.

How many Sections are there for each class? It's 4 right?

Sample format:

Section 1: 2 teams, A1&B1

Section 2: 2 teams, A2&B2

Section 3: 2 teams, A3&B3

Section 4: 2 teams, A4&B4

Section 1 vs. Section 3 A1 vs. B3

" " A3 vs. B1

Section 2 vs. Section 4 A4 vs. B2

" " A2 vs. B2

To determine which team is seeded as 1 or 2 from there respective Section would be the difficult part.

If I am just ignorant please don't state it but state a different solution or revise this one.

Basically, I think the current "blind draw" system is good, except....

I just don't like seeing ADJACENT Regions playing one another, in the 1st round..... For example: Region 1 & 2 should not play each other, nor would R7 & R8....... I say, force teams to play teams from opposing ends of the State.

------------------------------------------------------------

"Seeding" is impractical.... So, how about this selection method:

1) Put teams from same region into opposite brackets (currently done).

2) Put teams from AJDACENT regions into opposite brackets, also.

3) Now, perform the "blind" draw from amongst the remaining teams, and proceed as usual.

------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: This is just a quick, dirrty, off-the-cuff suggestion. I have not thought this thru, for possible conflicts, "kinks," practicality, etc......

1) Is something like this, workable?

2) What are the drawbacks/problems, if any?

3) I agree, all teams are there to win the STATE title, not just "win 1 game," etc..... Absent "seeding," there is some merit and greater intrigue, I believe, to FORCING games between opposite ends of the State, during the 1st-round.

4) I see this as kind of a "pseudo" seeding (i.e. different geographical "styles" playing one another)

Every time you get offended, somebody gets a name called...you must be the most insecure person on this site..which leads to childish arrogance, anger issues and crocodile tear comments. Please take your cash and spend more on rivals and espn so you can copy and paste your wealth of knowledge about high school basketball to try and make the rest of us look as if we have no business talking bball on here as we are well below your plagerized IQ. Oh yeah, many don't ask you to rply to their opinion either but yet you hit reply countless times to spew your online bookstore knowledge to the rest of the coacht nation.

I did that 3 times last week!! Enjoyed every minute of it! Going to next week as well. My kid cant wait to get the oppurtunity to play in such an atmosphere when she makes it to high school.

So keep your money, save it for something you need...like anger/crybaby if you don't agree with me management! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

For the record Yankee is not a Humboldt Fan. And don't mention anything seen on forensic files. Please

I just don't like seeing ADJACENT Regions playing one another, in the 1st round..... For example: Region 1 & 2 should not play each other, nor would R7 & R8....... I say, force teams to play teams from opposing ends of the State.

EXACTLY......This is the only issue I have......that and the fact I can't go /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

"Seeding" is impractical.... So, how about this selection method:

1) Put teams from same region into opposite brackets (currently done).

2) Put teams from AJDACENT regions into opposite brackets, also.

3) Now, perform the "blind" draw from amongst the remaining teams, and proceed as usual.

------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: This is just a quick, dirrty, off-the-cuff suggestion. I have not thought this thru, for possible conflicts, "kinks," practicality, etc......

1) Is something like this, workable?

2) What are the drawbacks/problems, if any?

3) I agree, all teams are there to win the STATE title, not just "win 1 game," etc..... Absent "seeding," there is some merit and greater intrigue, I believe, to FORCING games between opposite ends of the State, during the 1st-round.

4) I see this as kind of a "pseudo" seeding (i.e. different geographical "styles" playing one another)

Good point..I bet you don't even have a dog in the TSSAA conversation either. I don't know if this system would generate enough revenue though, and that's what it's all about now. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="