TSSAA conspiracy against W.Tn Basketball

Guest snakedriver

Conspiracy? No! Bad system? Yes! Another poster said divide the state into 4 geographic regions as best possible and seed them that way. I have to agree with at least tryin' this. This is not "Thunderdome"! 8 TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES! 8 TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES! AP rankings are crap always have been and will be until the voters get a chance to see teams from other areas. Team rankings are crap too. Manassas has had a different schedule than HB. Humbodlt is good, real good, but if they played in Memphis, like Manassas, they would have a loss or 2.

How many Sections are there for each class? It's 4 right?

Sample format:

Section 1: 2 teams, A1&B1

Section 2: 2 teams, A2&B2

Section 3: 2 teams, A3&B3

Section 4: 2 teams, A4&B4

Section 1 vs. Section 3 A1 vs. B3

" " A3 vs. B1

Section 2 vs. Section 4 A4 vs. B2

" " A2 vs. B2

To determine which team is seeded as 1 or 2 from there respective Section would be the difficult part.

If I am just ignorant please don't state it but state a different solution or revise this one.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK....so we have the single a championship game at 10 am wed. morning. The TSSAA has always favored it's members in middle and east tn. in all sports.....but I think this is ridiculous. Don't even try to tell me about a "blind draw"..........OK.....if thats the way Mr. Carter wants it.....so be it. I hope whoever wins between HB and Manassas makes these other schools look like the red-headed stepchildren they are this season! Have it your way TSSAA!

Comments please?????

This is possibly the dumbest comment i have ever heard in my life.

Conspiracy? No! Bad system? Yes! Another poster said divide the state into 4 geographic regions as best possible and seed them that way. I have to agree with at least tryin' this. This is not "Thunderdome"! 8 TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES! 8 TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES! AP rankings are crap always have been and will be until the voters get a chance to see teams from other areas. Team rankings are crap too. Manassas has had a different schedule than HB. Humbodlt is good, real good, but if they played in Memphis, like Manassas, they would have a loss or 2.

Sample format:

" " A3 vs. B1

" " A2 vs. B2

To determine which team is seeded as 1 or 2 from there respective Section would be the difficult part.

If I am just ignorant please don't state it but state a different solution or revise this one.

Hey finally someone who isn't a complete idiot! By the 1 and 2 i'd go by record and then if that's not good enough or their's is the same go by streghtn of schedule. That's the most logical way to go about it all no matter where your from or who you are

Conspiracy? No! Bad system? Yes! Another poster said divide the state into 4 geographis regions as best possible and seed them that way. I have to agree with at least tryin' this. This is not "Thunderdome"! 8 TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES! 8 TEAMS ENTER, ONE TEAM LEAVES! AP rankings are crap always have been and will be until the voters get a chance to see teams from other areas. Team rankings are crap too. Manassas has had a different schedule than HB. Humbodlt is good, real good, but if they played in Memphis they would have a loss or 2.

Sample format:

" " A3 vs. B1

" " A2 vs. B2

The problem with doing it by sections like you and others have suggested is that it only works if the best two are from the same section.

Lets look at your system this year in single A.

These are seeded by little to no knowledge of some of these teams. This is a hypothetical situation, not trying to start anything. Don't anyone get their panties in a wad.

East-Section 1 Knox Grace, Cloudland

Mid East- Section 2 Chatt Grace, Temple

Mid West- Section 3 Summertown, Clarksville Acad

West- Section 4 Humboldt, Manasass

Knox Grace vs Clarksville Acad

Summertown vs Cloudland

Humboldt vs Temple

Chatt Grace vs Manasass

It would work (this year) if you switched the A3 vs B1 and A2 vs B4. But again that would balance things out this year, maybe not the next.

Also, how would you decide what section gets to play each section? If you kept it Section1 and Section 3 plays each other, Section 2 and Section 4 play each other every year, you would be putting the two traditionally stronger sections together (2 and 4) every year. I guess you could rotate it but then you might run into schools that play each other during the season. (I know of a few District 15A teams that play District 12A schools, that would be sections 3 and 4) Heaven forbid we randomly draw what section plays each other... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I like the way you are going with seeding just the sections. It could be done a lot easier than seeding the whole 8 teams. I just think that the blind draw is the best situation that we have available.

I got an idea. Let's just give each of these west Tn. teams that have been so conspired against a gold ball and let them stay home.......That way someone else might have a chance......According to some of these posters, none of the pittiful middle and east Tn. teams have a chance against them anyway. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If you could cry your way to a state championship, west Tn would definitely be the winner hands down. ------------By the way, yankees8589 . I'll make sure I spend a bunch of extra cash at the tourney to compensate for the few bucks lost from your non attendance.

The problem with doing it by sections like you and others have suggested is that it only works if the best two are from the same section.

Lets look at your system this year in single A.

These are seeded by little to no knowledge of some of these teams. This is a hypothetical situation, not trying to start anything. Don't anyone get their panties in a wad.

East-Section 1 Knox Grace, Cloudland

Mid East- Section 2 Chatt Grace, Temple

Mid West- Section 3 Summertown, Clarksville Acad

West- Section 4 Humboldt, Manasass

Knox Grace vs Clarksville Acad

Summertown vs Cloudland

Humboldt vs Temple

Chatt Grace vs Manasass

It would work (this year) if you switched the A3 vs B1 and A2 vs B4. But again that would balance things out this year, maybe not the next.

Also, how would you decide what section gets to play each section? If you kept it Section1 and Section 3 plays each other, Section 2 and Section 4 play each other every year, you would be putting the two traditionally stronger sections together (2 and 4) every year. I guess you could rotate it but then you might run into schools that play each other during the season. (I know of a few District 15A teams that play District 12A schools, that would be sections 3 and 4) Heaven forbid we randomly draw what section plays each other... /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I like the way you are going with seeding just the sections. It could be done a lot easier than seeding the whole 8 teams. I just think that the blind draw is the best situation that we have available.

I agree that the need to rotate which section plays which is needed. I don't think there is any way to put strong against weak unless there is some system like the BCS that takes all different factors into consideration. Like communism the BCS is a good idea but it doesn't work. There will never be a way to determine which teams should play which because the power shifts or is more evenly seen through out the state in periods. The changes you suggested are goin' in the right direction though. I would like to hear more from other people.

I can understand fans concern about the top teams meeting in round one although, unless you just want to win a game or two, if you are there to win the championship it does not matter in what order you beat what teams. As far as what part of the state teams are from I don't see what difference it makes. This is the TN state tournament, not the west, east, or middle TN tournament. That was decided to some extent in the sectionals.

The idea that there is a conspiracy is ludicrous and not worth discussion.

I got an idea. Let's just give each of these west Tn. teams that have been so conspired against a gold ball and let them stay home.......That way someone else might have a chance......According to some of these posters, none of the pittiful middle and east Tn. teams have a chance against them anyway. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> If you could cry your way to a state championship, west Tn would definitely be the winner hands down. ------------By the way, yankees8589 . I'll make sure I spend a bunch of extra cash at the tourney to compensate for the few bucks lost from your non attendance.

You know...I'm from West Tn but this is funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You'll see how good Humboldt and Manassas are Wednesday...

You know...I'm from West Tn but this is funny /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You'll see how good Humboldt and Manassas are Wednesday...

Why don't they just put the names of each team in a fish bowl and let a little kid pull them out in order. That way everybody has the same chance at a good or bad draw!!!! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

***whisper whisper***

Where those kids from? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Idk but I bet they're planning on going to high school at Temple /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

It matters because it would make the Championship game more interesting. That simple. That's what we wanna see for the Gold Ball.

More interesting for who....west tn? Wake up, there is a whole big state out there.....I have been sitting back and reading all this garbage about the west teams this and the west teams that, just shut up and play ball! I think you all live in a bubble out there and think you have the basketball world all wrapped up.....maybe you do and maybe you don't. For everyone's sake who doesn't live in west tn I hope that someone else takes it all so maybe we won't have to hear this all over again next year.....wah, wah, wah!!!!