TSSAA conspiracy against W.Tn Basketball

Guest snakedriver

The teams should be seeded 1 through 8......PERIOD. All this talk that seedings wouldn't be fair is BS. Seeding would be based on the toatl body of work over the course of the whole seson. Serious unbiased basketball people would fairly easily be able to see 1 through 8. BLIND DRAW IS TOTAL BS AND A SHAM......I don't know how the surroundong states do it but to draw names out of a hat is about as unscientific as can be....IT'S A JOKE and a setup up because you only have 8 teams and the blind draw is exactly what's needed to INCREASE THE ODDS OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENING. ANY OTHER FORMULA AND SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. The blind draw is a sham and should be done away with. Don't expect it though because this is what's needed to help the odds of certain parts of the state. The best teams should be rewarded in the first round....NOT PUNISHED. How hard is that to understand.

I had every intention of going to the boro on Saturday and watching all three games. This is a game changer for me. I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS EVENT WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY. Any penny spent at this event will be a penny that rewards this BS. THEY WILL NOT GET ONE CENT FROM ME. I understand they have been having attendance and financial issuse here and there over the last few seasons anyway....If people feel so strongly the should boycott. I may not even watch the finals on TV. March madness is on oanyway.

Seedings are impossible. The AP Poll is extremely biased and since the teams in the West don't play many if any teams from the East and Middle then there's no way to correctly do a seeding. And let's not get computers involved with some sort of formula to get a seeding. Also impossible to be accurate.

Do a geographical bracket where the state is split up into four quadrants (as best as can be done) and then do NE vs. SW and SE vs. NW. Or SE vs. SW and NE vs. NW. Something that will give every team a neutral court chance at winning.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only solution is to go to a double elimination format. Yes it would take more time, but it would give a better team a chance to come through the losers bracket. This assures you of having the two best teams in the finals. It would also make tssaa happy with the higher revenue. There is no logical way to seed teams. If a single A team has went through the season undefeated it tells me they need to step up their schedule.

I have no allegiance to either team, DIRTBAG. You can take your ball and do whatever with it you like....you can even shove it up you you know what for all I care. I can spend my money anyway I like. You or noone else can force me to do something I don't support o principal. BOO HOO THAT IDIOT!!!!!! I didn't ask for you to reply to me I was just stating an opinion.

What are you going to do? Boycot the tourney?

I wish this tread was about temple playing grace lol. talk about some bitching you'd hear. And i could honestly say that i'd totally agree with you on it being B.S. . As i said i don't give a rat's who wins b/c my team came no where close to being in this. And i wouldn't even be against a west playing a west if they weren't 1 and 2. It's just a load a horse crap.

And to whoever the totally unaware person was talking about wanting to see the top team play as many games as possible, yeah i'm sure that'd sell a ton of tickets for the T$$AA and be totally un fair to that team who had the best record in the state and is playing a team who has played one game opposed to one that's played 3 in a row before it.

C'mon dear lord people

Well, my team wasn't even suppose to make it out of their regional. At any point, with three good teams raked in the top 12 of the state, a good team was going to get sent packing--you didn't ear the region 6a fans crying bs. That is how the system works. The three top 12 teams I am talking about are Stown, Cully, and Cwood. Considering Stown got second in the district, they were the ones that were suppose to be sent home in the region semis. They didn't--they earned the right to be there and that doesn't make them any less of a team than anyone else. Just because you are unbeaten or play games in St Louis does not mean squat. There is no conspiracy and whoever you are that believe there is need to get a grip. This has been done the same way every year that I know of, so get over it. Can you imagine the politics involved in seeding the teams? You go into strength of schedule and I am sure not one team from west tennessee has played a tougher schedule than any team at the tourney. In fact, I do believe that Cwood smoked Scotts Hill, who Humbolt had to play to get to state. Real tough game, huh? Does that make them better because they are unbeaten. Come play a four game series with Cwood and see ho0w many of those games they win. I am guessing they split just like Stown did. Get over it---it is what it is and I prefer the way it is. I live in Iowa and they seed the teams and now I am looking at a 3rd place team from the state tourney that was actually the second best team there. Seeding does not work and is way to political.

What are you going to do? Boycot the tourney?

YES!!!!! A friend and I went last season and probably dropped close to 100 dollars each in one day. It may not mean much to the TSAA or anybody else but I can guarantee that is 200 dollars less they will make this season because we will not be going this season and may not go back again unless something is changed.

YES!!!!! A friend and I went last season and probably dropped close to 100 dollars each in one day. It may not mean much to the TSAA or anybody else but I can guarantee that is 200 dollars less they will make this season because we will not be going this season and may not go back again unless something is changed.

Are you sure your not going because your team didn't make the state tourney?

To who ever said that west dominates AA check and see who won last year! I do believe it was a East TN team! I know bc they put my Wildcats out of the Tourney. And by the way they were probably the 2nd best team there last year too. So get over it. You win you keep going you lose it time to get ready for next year. By the way both teams are back and are in thte same bracket this year.

If you win AA four of the last five years then thats domination, thats what the west has done. As a matter of fact district 12AA has dominated winning four of the past five gold balls [ Bolivar twice and Liberty twice ]. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Guest snakedriver

snakedriver,

How did Ronnie CArter screw W. Tenn in all of this selection process. Weren't the names/numbers drawn out of a bowl or something. When you say blind draw, to me that means all teams were placed in a bowl or hat or box and they were drawn out. Explaing to this old East TEnn dummie, how he screwed you all. You are the biggest idiot I have ever seen. I wished I didn't have to work Wednesday, I would go to the "Boro and tell you that to you idiotic face, if you showed up their.

First off....I don't really believe there's a conspiracy but it makes for great discussion (hey it got a spirited reply outa you did'nt it)? All the changes that tssaa makes always favors east and middle tn teams....it is biased. The blind draw just didn't work this year....needs to be changed! Yea, I'll be there wed so just look me up.....please! Thanks for the response to my idiotic thread.....now scat. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />