TSSAA conspiracy against W.Tn Basketball

Guest snakedriver

Every time you get offended, somebody gets a name called...you must be the most insecure person on this site..which leads to childish arrogance, anger issues and crocodile tear comments. Please take your cash and spend more on rivals and espn so you can copy and paste your wealth of knowledge about high school basketball to try and make the rest of us look as if we have no business talking bball on here as we are well below your plagerized IQ. Oh yeah, many don't ask you to rply to their opinion either but yet you hit reply countless times to spew your online bookstore knowledge to the rest of the coacht nation.

I did that 3 times last week!! Enjoyed every minute of it! Going to next week as well. My kid cant wait to get the oppurtunity to play in such an atmosphere when she makes it to high school.

So keep your money, save it for something you need...like anger/crybaby if you don't agree with me management! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I will keep my money and spend it wherever I like. If you don't like what I have to say don't read it. Obvioulsy you do read it...RIGHT. Post whatever you want I could care less. I know what I knowe and don;t come into this not knowing what I'm talking about. Siggestion...keep reading my post...YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.....HOMER!!!!! Again, I could care less what you think or have to say, BIGDADDY........I doubt you could tell me anything I don't already know anyway.... LOL As a general rule I don't throw the first stone...GOT IT. I guess you have a friend in redgold now....I could care less aboyut that to.....Haven't seen anything he has posted either that makes much sense either.

Take your money and spend it however you like....that's your choice. I could care less. Seems like you are the big crybaby to me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point..I bet you don't even have a dog in the TSSAA conversation either. I don't know if this system would generate enough revenue though, and that's what it's all about now. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

so you think that having two of the better teams playing early on a weekday generates more revenue than having them play for it all on a sat evening/night where A LOT more people could make it??????

I will keep my money and spend it wherever I like. If you don't like what I have to say don't read it. Obvioulsy you do read it...RIGHT. Post whatever you want I could care less. I know what I knowe and don;t come into this not knowing what I'm talking about. Siggestion...keep reading my post...YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING.....HOMER!!!!! Again, I could care less what you think or have to say, BIGDADDY........I doubt you could tell me anything I don't already know anyway.... LOL As a general rule I don't throw the first stone...GOT IT. I guess you have a friend in redgold now....I could care less aboyut that to.....Haven't seen anything he has posted either that makes much sense either.

Take your money and spend it however you like....that's your choice. I could care less. Seems like you are the big crybaby to me. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

There's no doubt all of us could learn a lot from a know-it-all like you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It was nice to hear you admit that there's nothing you don't already know.............If you 'could care less' what "BigDaddy_1" posts, why are you about to 'stroke out' over his posts?............I believe you're right 'BD', he does seem to have serious anger and insecurity issues. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

There's no doubt all of us could learn a lot from a know-it-all like you. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> It was nice to hear you admit that there's nothing you don't already know.............If you 'could care less' what "BigDaddy_1" posts, why are you about to 'stroke out' over his posts?............I believe you're right 'BD', he does seem to have serious anger and insecurity issues. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Thats's funny.... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> serioulsy

I agree that the need to rotate which section plays which is needed. I don't think there is any way to put strong against weak unless there is some system like the BCS that takes all different factors into consideration. Like communism the BCS is a good idea but it doesn't work. There will never be a way to determine which teams should play which because the power shifts or is more evenly seen through out the state in periods. The changes you suggested are goin' in the right direction though. I would like to hear more from other people.

Exactly.

The "blind draw" is not a perfect system but atleast its better than what they do in football. Talk about Ronnie Carter protecting middle and east teams in basketball its much worse in football! In football the WEAK west is assured of playing for a title when in reality the true championship is played in the semi's when the east and middle tn powerhouses play eachother and then get the trophy the next week against the weak representative from west tn. I do agree that Humboldt and Manassas are the two best teams in class A and its a shame they are facing off in the first round but atleast it was fair! It was a blind draw no one dictated who went where as they do in football. So if you're going to complain about this then complain about how your weak football teams get a chance EVERY year to play in the state championship in football when there are 10 teams in middle and east 20 points better and sitting at home!

That is not the case in 4A football. Maryville gets a cakewalk to the finals every year. On the other side of the bracket Melrose, Henry Co. , & Hillsboro have to go through each other to get to the championship.

How about this idea. Its going to ruffle some feathers because it will knock a few out early but it keeps you from losing more than once and advancing and also eliminates any seeding, blind draw, or any other method other than playing teams in your area. (which is what we do for 3 of the 4 rounds of the current system any way, why not keep doing it)

Take only the top two from the district tournaments. I know it will eliminate some good teams, but put a little importance on that district semi final game.

Region tournament consists of district champions playing other district runner ups, winners of those games play, only the Region champion moves on to Murfreesboro.

State Tournament consists of

Top Bracket

R1 Champion v R2 Champion

R3 Champion v R4 Champion

Bottom Bracket

R5 Champion v R6 Champion

R7 Champion v R8 Champion

This eliminates losing up to three times and still going to state and also any "conspiracy" on who plays who at State. Its set and done by who is in your part of the state which is what we presently do for 3/4ths of our tournament.

I'm probably going to get blasted for this but its concrete, and decided on the court. Not by someone seeding or luck of a blind a draw.

How about this idea. Its going to ruffle some feathers because it will knock a few out early but it keeps you from losing more than once and advancing and also eliminates any seeding, blind draw, or any other method other than playing teams in your area. (which is what we do for 3 of the 4 rounds of the current system any way, why not keep doing it)

Take only the top two from the district tournaments. I know it will eliminate some good teams, but put a little importance on that district semi final game.

Region tournament consists of district champions playing other district runner ups, winners of those games play, only the Region champion moves on to Murfreesboro.

State Tournament consists of

Top Bracket

R1 Champion v R2 Champion

R3 Champion v R4 Champion

Bottom Bracket

R5 Champion v R6 Champion

R7 Champion v R8 Champion

This eliminates losing up to three times and still going to state and also any "conspiracy" on who plays who at State. Its set and done by who is in your part of the state which is what we presently do for 3/4ths of our tournament.

I'm probably going to get blasted for this but its concrete, and decided on the court. Not by someone seeding or luck of a blind a draw.

sounds good, but I might let the #3 district consolation winner go to region as well...the 2s and 3s play with the 1s getting a bye...similar to how they tried sectionals about 10 years ago...

so you think that having two of the better teams playing early on a weekday generates more revenue than having them play for it all on a sat evening/night where A LOT more people could make it??????

You may have missed the point. If you want to have a good cross section of the State playing other parts it is more fair for a "truer" champion. No, if you want more revenue---try to pair the nearest regions against each other--that way you ensure that the fans will be there the entire week from the different sections of the State. That would generate the most revenue. If you want the fair solution- then pair the cross sections against each other. The final may end up with 2 teams from the East, Middle or West, but there is a better chance of having the best 2 teams play each other last, instead of the most profitable for the organization...hence the State Championship.

sounds good, but I might let the #3 district consolation winner go to region as well...the 2s and 3s play with the 1s getting a bye...similar to how they tried sectionals about 10 years ago...

Fair enough. Just don't make the tournament 3 games in 3 days like it was.

I also like your idea on another thread about letting the coaches in the state tournament rank the teams and then use that as seeding.

Fair enough. Just don't make the tournament 3 games in 3 days like it was.

I also like your idea on another thread about letting the coaches in the state tournament rank the teams and then use that as seeding.

If Humbolt and Manassas were on different side this year would we be having this 10 page thread??????