TSSAA conspiracy against W.Tn Basketball

Guest snakedriver

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is ridicuous. . .no team or coach is going to the state tournament with the goal of winning 1 or 2 games. They all are aiming for the gold ball-anything else will be a disappointment. It doesn't matter who you get first or second or third, if you don't win them all then you don't call yourself state champion. What a bunch of whiners. Sounds like you don't think you can win your first game. But if there was a conspiracy against west TN teams to keep them out of the finals, it would be because they don't support their teams like east and middle. In an all west final, the gym wouldn't be full.

But if there was a conspiracy against west TN teams to keep them out of the finals, it would be because they don't support their teams like east and middle. In an all west final, the gym wouldn't be full.

It's possible that $$$ and attendance could be factors.

This is ridicuous. . .no team or coach is going to the state tournament with the goal of winning 1 or 2 games. They all are aiming for the gold ball-anything else will be a disappointment. It doesn't matter who you get first or second or third, if you don't win them all then you don't call yourself state champion. What a bunch of whiners. Sounds like you don't think you can win your first game. But if there was a conspiracy against west TN teams to keep them out of the finals, it would be because they don't support their teams like east and middle. In an all west final, the gym wouldn't be full.

LOL! Do you even go to the tournament? You have to be kidding me....You must be talking about another sport.....

Fair enough. Just don't make the tournament 3 games in 3 days like it was.

I also like your idea on another thread about letting the coaches in the state tournament rank the teams and then use that as seeding.

I understand your logic, but you know as well as I, that the coaches can also be skewed to scratch each others' back and once you start letting the coaches utilize their votes solely(whether they are actually good coaches who know/ or don't know about the teams across their region), it usually lends itself to input from others called institutional pressure from Athletic directors/principals/etc....

I understand your logic, but you know as well as I, that the coaches can also be skewed to scratch each others' back and once you start letting the coaches utilize their votes solely(whether they are actually good coaches who know/ or don't know about the teams across their region), it usually lends itself to input from others called institutional pressure from Athletic directors/principals/etc....

Correction--- I see the State Tournament coaches on your quote...I would also agree with that philosophy...I misread that post thinking you were referring to coaches all over..my bad

I was referring to all classes in general, not just Union City and Manassas.

I have two general, possibly even unrelated comments. I wish these tourneys were stuctured a little differently to allow a team to come up through a loser's bracket and win this whole thing. A one game loss and go home is a tough way to determine a state champion. I realize someone has to be a loser, but I would love to see more of this caliber basketball. Also, I wish our public broadcasting stations or some independent station would carry these games. Georgia does a tremendous job of covering High scholl sports at tournament time. I wish our state had someone with the same commitment and interest. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

I have two general, possibly even unrelated comments. I wish these tourneys were stuctured a little differently to allow a team to come up through a loser's bracket and win this whole thing. A one game loss and go home is a tough way to determine a state champion. I realize someone has to be a loser, but I would love to see more of this caliber basketball. Also, I wish our public broadcasting stations or some independent station would carry these games. Georgia does a tremendous job of covering High scholl sports at tournament time. I wish our state had someone with the same commitment and interest. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You're right. I live in Atlanta. They do a wonderful job with all of their prep sports. They even broadcast them in prime time..

The teams should be seeded 1 through 8......PERIOD. All this talk that seedings wouldn't be fair is BS. Seeding would be based on the toatl body of work over the course of the whole seson. Serious unbiased basketball people would fairly easily be able to see 1 through 8. BLIND DRAW IS TOTAL BS AND A SHAM......I don't know how the surroundong states do it but to draw names out of a hat is about as unscientific as can be....IT'S A JOKE and a setup up because you only have 8 teams and the blind draw is exactly what's needed to INCREASE THE ODDS OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENING. ANY OTHER FORMULA AND SOMETHING LIKE THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN. The blind draw is a sham and should be done away with. Don't expect it though because this is what's needed to help the odds of certain parts of the state. The best teams should be rewarded in the first round....NOT PUNISHED. How hard is that to understand.

I had every intention of going to the boro on Saturday and watching all three games. This is a game changer for me. I WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS EVENT WITH MY HARD EARNED MONEY. Any penny spent at this event will be a penny that rewards this BS. THEY WILL NOT GET ONE CENT FROM ME. I understand they have been having attendance and financial issuse here and there over the last few seasons anyway....If people feel so strongly the should boycott. I may not even watch the finals on TV. March madness is on oanyway.

aw dont worry im sure everyone will miss you not being there and t$$aa will miss your 5$

Wonder how it would have gone if Temple and Grace had been scheduled for the first game?????....nevermind I already know /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

But they weren't, cause the blind draw didn't work that way. Instead we get to hear the west cry. I'll be sad when this all ends. I mean anytime I'm feeling kind of down, I can just click on this thread and laugh at the cry babies. I love this site. Thanks CoachT!