Knoxville Bearden (35-2) vs Clarksville NE (26-6)

Icy

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't won the Title game, thus by some peoples standards isn't a good coach....do you see how incredibly stupid that statement seems.

Well, let's talk about Jody Wright.. He's been at Fulton for over 20 something years and he's just now getting his first gold ball last year.. Does that make him a good coach since its taken him a very long time to win one? Like you said feartheever, someday AE will be celebrating with the GOLD BALL.... However, I'll be the first to admit, it won't be next year.. AE will be down next year. We'll get to see how good of a coach, Mitchell really is.. I'm trying to tell yall people Mitchell can coach but we'll find out next year for sure..

Like I stated in my opinion, I think AE will be down but don't tell AE or Mitchell that because they're going to shock me and other naysayers

Well, let's talk about Jody Wright.. He's been at Fulton for over 20 something years and he's just now getting his first gold ball last year.. Does that make him a good coach since its taken him a very long time to win won? Like you said feartheever, someday AE will be celebrating with the GOLD BALL.... However, I'll be the first to admit, it won't be next year.. AE will be down next year. We'll get to see how good of a coach mitchell really is.. I'm trying to tell yall people Mitchell can coach but we'll find out next year if my statements are true about Mitchell.

Like I stated in my opinion, I think AE will be down but don't tell AE or Mitchell that because they're going to shock me and other naysayers

[/quot

Turtle, I wasn't saying that you said that comment about not being a good coach. I was saying that other people have said that. I say lets meet on down at the Magnolia Cafe and have a brewski to discuss this further /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

What difference does it make anyway? Some may agree or disagree with the 5 in 5 out method. But! THere are many ways to run a program, and to my knowledge, Pitts did it better than anybody and won three state titles in the process. So don't say it doesn't work, you just have to know if it can work for your program.

Obviously it didn't work for Bearden /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

33 times against caliber oponents that can't compete at State AAA levels.

Doesn't matter if it worked 33 times, it is a poor concept to run at all with those sophomores. Those sophomores are not at the caliber of a white station, re, or obviously clarksville ne. It works when you are doing summer camps playing multiple games a day or in AAU, but even then teams will play there best players when it matters most. Bearden had 4 exceptional players not 10, so I would put my best 5 on the court to win.

Well, let's talk about Jody Wright.. He's been at Fulton for over 20 something years and he's just now getting his first gold ball last year.. Does that make him a good coach since its taken him a very long time to win won? Like you said feartheever, someday AE will be celebrating with the GOLD BALL.... However, I'll be the first to admit, it won't be next year.. AE will be down next year. We'll get to see how good of a coach mitchell really is.. I'm trying to tell yall people Mitchell can coach but we'll find out next year if my statements are true about Mitchell.

Mitchell has been there too long hes had his time he needs to get out and get something fresh and new in there just like ogan does at powell theyve both been coaching since the 50s lol.

and blevins will never ever in a million years when a state championship because he will never have a team as good as the one he had this year! NEVER

Doesn't matter if it worked 33 times, it is a poor concept to run at all with those sophomores. Those sophomores are not at the caliber of a white station, re, or obviously clarksville ne. It works when you are doing summer camps playing multiple games a day or in AAU, but even then teams will play there best players when it matters most. Bearden had 4 exceptional players not 10, so I would put my best 5 on the court to win.

It still worked 33 times (Bearden can't control the teams it plays) ....very few teams in the state can say they won 33 games

Mitchell has been there too long hes had his time he needs to get out and get something fresh and new in there just like ogan does at powell theyve both been coaching since the 50s lol.

and blevins will never ever in a million years when a state championship because he will never have a team as good as the one he had this year! NEVER

Let's see Mitchell has been at AE for 18 years now... Out of his 18 years, he has 3 or 4 State Runners up trophies. I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean, he's eventually, will win him one we just don't know when...

Ogan at Powell. Well with the new zoning or whatever, that should help Powell out the only problem I see with that is, the players that's good will they have transportation to make it to and from games/practice. You know Powell is a very long ways from Lonsdale or Merchants

Did anyone stop to think that maybe, just maybe, they got beat by a better team? Period! Everyone wants to give their two cents worth to why their team, or foe team, didn't win it all. Guess what? Only one team, every year, in each classification will take home the golden ball. Many items go into the success of a team. The program itself and their strategy, talent, FUNDAMENTALS, CHEMISTRY, and ATTITUDE!!!!! all make up a championship caliber team. Many teams have a good strategy and talent, but not many teams have the rest of the recipe to make a champion. I do agree with having your best five in the last quarter in a close ball game. The best five is what makes up all those ingredients. Many people go on talent, but that is wrong unless they also have the other attributes to be considered one of the best five. You can go five and five; it wears down the oponent while your guys are well rested, but you need to have a certain point in the fourth quarter where the best five THAT WORK TOGETHER are on the floor in critical times!!!!

Doesn't matter if it worked 33 times, it is a poor concept to run at all with those sophomores.

Sorry but I have to reply to this statement. Science Hill won the state title with 4 Seniors, 3 Juniors, and the rest Sophs. There is no excuse for being a Senior or a Sophomore when playing on Varsity. Experience does play a part, but I started all four years at DB and handled the pressure. If you are competitive and have the drive, you don't care what classification a player is. Especially by your Sophomore year, you should know the system well enough to handle your own.

Sorry but I have to reply to this statement. Science Hill won the state title with 4 Seniors, 3 Juniors, and the rest Sophs. There is no excuse for being a Senior or a Sophomore when playing on Varsity. Experience does play a part, but I started all four years at DB and handled the pressure. If you are competitive and have the drive, you don't care what classification a player is. Especially by your Sophomore year, you should know the system well enough to handle your own.

You miss understood what I was saying. I have no problem with Sophomores playing in any system 5 in 5 out or not. What I was saying that those specific sophomores at Bearden are a big drop off from their seniors. They are a very talented sophomore class that will do well in the next 2 years, it just wasn't the right fit with the excellent talent you have in the senior class. Those sophomores would make great role players for normal sub rotation, just not good for the 5 in 5 out.