Jefferson County Football 2009

Warlock

No i do agree that Seymour worked their way in. They got 3rd in their district as you said and I believe several of their losses were to good teams by 4 or less points. I'm just saying some of the records for the teams don't match up (white co. at 1-9 for example) I seriously do believe jeff deserved to be in the playoffs this year but it might prove to be some good motivation heading into next year. And I don't really hate morristown west, I just hope we beat them badly again. :thumb: Their runningbacks look good though. Especially the sophomore.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No i do agree that Seymour worked their way in. They got 3rd in their district as you said and I believe several of their losses were to good teams by 4 or less points. I'm just saying some of the records for the teams don't match up (white co. at 1-9 for example) I seriously do believe jeff deserved to be in the playoffs this year but it might prove to be some good motivation heading into next year. And I don't really hate morristown west, I just hope we beat them badly again. :thumb: Their runningbacks look good though. Especially the sophomore.

Lets us know how you feel after friday night. There seems to be a lot of strange things happen in Morristown during football season, especially during the playoffs.

GO CATHOLIC FIGHTING IRISH !!!!!!!!!!!

i can't wait til next year jeff county is gonna b among the elite as long as they try hard during the offseason. id also like to see jeff co. throw the ball alot more, because against south doyle we threw the ball great and i think that if we threw the ball a little more teams wouldnt b able to stop us

Jeff Co among the elite? Don't think so... Throwing the ball more? Even more unlikely... Tennessee High School Football is a mess in general right now, but Jeff Co is definately in the worst mess it ever has been right now. And not just the athletic program. We need to get this place turned around and do some cleaning up. And what's the problem with all these injuries? How many kids have had to have surgeries in the past 3 years or had season ending injuries? 7? 8? What's going on? Is it just poor off-season training not getting kids ready, or is it the coaches putting them in poor situations?

I beg to differ with both jeffcojoe and volunteer man. First of all, volunteer man, I doubt you know anything about Catholic football. This isn't the proper place to discuss it but there is no recruiting involved whatsoever. No scholarships, no money, no nothing. Being a private school, we have to pay for our school buildings, teachers/coaches salaries, utilitites, etc. So where would we have the money to pay kids to play at catholic? Harrison smith and alot of those guys have come straight through the catholic schools systems. Others came to catholic for a better education which seems to make sense since we are one of 8 or so schools in the knoxville area that are not falling behind NCLB standards. You're just mad that you aren't winning more than 3 games a year :thumb:

Jeffcojoe, I do agree that some changes will have to be made eventually, maybe the AD needs to go? I'm not sure. But I don't believe in switching coaches after a year or two, especially when they bring a new system in and they have players who haven't had great coaching before. My point is, it's a lot easier coming in to coach maryville then it is heritage. You already have discipline and talent that has been developed. And this is definitely not the worst times Jeff co has been through or the biggest mess or whatever you are saying. Do you mean to tell me that the Euvard/petition/lawsuit days were better than this? give me a break. There is light at the end of the tunnel and next year is going to be a lot better if the kids buy into the program that the coaches are bringing and maybe if the school buys into a weight coach :lol:

Ps. That is a big amount of injuries but Mcfall's came in a game last year-it happens. The other QB's happened in practice when he was playing a position he was unfamiliar with for who knows what reason and just various others. But no, I do not believe it is uncommon. Last year at catholic, there were 6 ACL tears alone. And several other injuries. I just believe it is a growing trend in high school football- people going for the legs and getting twisted around too much.

You people talk about coaches all the time. You ever think that the kids are lazy and don't have the drive to work hard. I know coach Anderson has got a work out program but that dont mean the kids are doing it . The coaches can only make a kid do so much the rest is up to the kid. I remeber when Coach Anderson play for Jeff County he was not the most athletic kid on the field, on the diamond, or on the mat, but he had heart and he work very hard, and the work paid off all conf., all state in football and baseball, a state champion in wrestling. If the kids today had the heart and drive he did then we would be hard to beat and not blaming the coach. So with that been said I think Coach Anderson is trying to put some of that heart and drive in the kids today but he no miracle worker. AND FOR YOU JOE92 or what ever. You are the one that didn't work hard to get better. you are the one that blamed the coaches for your failures and guess what you still are. So stop running or mouth and grow up and stopping blaming everybody for your mistakes.

There is no doubt talent on this JC team... But I heard a retired college coach say, it doesnt matter how much talent you have if that talent cant be developed... Well thats the case here. Plenty of talent, its just not being developed. JC is always projected to to better than they perform. Its because they truly have athletes and talent on the field. These same kids beat the morristown teams and all the other teams when they were in middle school.. No excuse why they arent winning in high school. Starts at the top in my opinion with the head coach, and there is evidence of problems there... the Head Coach has to earn the players respect if he expects players to give him everything they have and thats obviously not getting done and I beleive it has to do with alot of lies/dishonestness/special treatment to certain players.... If the kids dont trust you and you treat the players bad you wont have a good football team. Alot of people throughout the community have seen this as well. If you dont think the coach lies just ask his players/former players and how he treats them after they are gone. Ive personally talked to some of them.

There is no doubt talent on this JC team... But I heard a retired college coach say, it doesnt matter how much talent you have if that talent cant be developed... Well thats the case here. Plenty of talent, its just not being developed. JC is always projected to to better than they perform. Its because they truly have athletes and talent on the field. These same kids beat the morristown teams and all the other teams when they were in middle school.. No excuse why they arent winning in high school. Starts at the top in my opinion with the head coach, and there is evidence of problems there... the Head Coach has to earn the players respect if he expects players to give him everything they have and thats obviously not getting done and I beleive it has to do with alot of lies/dishonestness/special treatment to certain players.... If the kids dont trust you and you treat the players bad you wont have a good football team. Alot of people throughout the community have seen this as well. If you dont think the coach lies just ask his players/former players and how he treats them after they are gone. Ive personally talked to some of them.

You are right some of these kids beat some of the kids from Morristown in middle school. Also there is a lot of kids also not playing that played in Middle school some chose to play other sports, and some chose to not play anything. Also are you talking about those kids that where told they would get playing time IFFFFFF they EARNED it but they never earned nothing. the kids from Jeff are lazy with with no heart it show in all the losing sports. HAS JEFF HAD A WINNING RECORDS IN ANY SPORT BESIDE FOOTBALL IN THE LAST 4 YEARS. KIDS HAVE NO HEART AT JEFF AND THEY ARE LAZY.

I would like to agree and disagree with the post of Heavy C. I don't think you can say all kids are lazy and have no heart. I know that 54, 10, 63,small running back, 32, all played with heart. Does JC have enough players

doing this? That can be debated. I do not think this team lacked in effort in any game. I know of several

who never missed a workout. maybe heart is not the issue. It is true that in the past Jeff Middle and

Maury at times have dominated the Morristown and Greenville schools. However, Heavy C is correct that many of these boys do not continue to play in high school. Sometimes the dominant athletes in

middle school are not dominant in high school. Boys develop at different rates. The short skinny kids

sometimes catch up. I do know that our middle schools and high school have several large bodies walking the halls that do not play anything. They are not interested in playing. Jefferson County has

changed a lot in the last few years. Kids were expected to work at home or a job. Most parents made

an exception for athletics. There are not too many of the big rough farm boys left. Take a drive around Jefferson County and you can see how the demographics have changed.

Jefferson County baseball and softball has had winning records the past few seasons. Baseball finished second in the district and played in the regionals in 08 and finished 3rd last year. Softball is always strong. I go to games in every sport and not all kids are lazy and have no heart. I have seen the effort they put forth each and every play. Check out all sports before you say something from now on.

:hungry: