Oakdale Coaching Search

govols1020

Mike Barber has stepped down as basketball coach at Oakdale. Randy Miller is still in charge of the football program.

Thanks, KingB; I'm glad you ended all of the "suspense." So the boys basketball coach stepped down,huh?Well, after his win-loss percentage, I can't say I'm too surprised!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man thay cant keep coach mor than a year. 1 year of them losin is all tha can handle come to sunbright that where tha talent be. lil ol oakdale cant keep a coach haha

GEAUX TIGERS

Try making the playoffs consistently before you bash on Morgan Co. teams, oh and also Coalfield is where the "real" talent in morgan co. is at

The rumor going around here is that the defensive coord. from wartburg applied for the job and things went really well durring his interview, but a position at the school is not available at the present time to hire him for spring. He would be a great hire for oakdale and could make his own legacy there. They need a young energetic coach like him.

The rumor going around here is that the defensive coord. from wartburg applied for the job and things went really well durring his interview, but a position at the school is not available at the present time to hire him for spring. He would be a great hire for oakdale and could make his own legacy there. They need a young energetic coach like him.

From what Ive heard he informed his players at Wartburg that he is staying put. Thats good news for the dogs as they really appear to be turning the corner under Coach Shoemaker & the staff that he has assembled. Heck when I played there we were lucky to have 2 coaches! But good luck to Oakdale in their search, those kids deserve a quality coach.