Metro 5A & 6A

shadow

I heard PEPSI is going to build a stadium, scoreboard, and buy uniforms for East Lit.

Funny stuff. I can hear laughter from over at the Metro bus lot. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Metro is going to put in a helicopter pad on the field so they can land here. They figure since the Metro chopper spends all its time circling our neighborhood both day and night that they would give them a convenient place to land for lunch. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I bet I know who Hunters Lane gets their trophies/awards from next year. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You speak with tongue in cheek, but just give them a couple more years and see what happens.

While he is kidding a little, he is saying the same thing you are.

East Lit will be the new Hillsboro as far as football. Brunette may keep Manual from making a complete boneheaded coaching selection, but it wont matter. Manual is ruining Hillsboro and the kids wont be coming much longer for more of his abuse.

You are right, in a couple of years, East Lit will be the team to beat.

You speak with tongue in cheek, but just give them a couple more years and see what happens.

I said that because Coach Spears and Coach Pigue are some of the best friends I have had in coaching and in life. I also think they are as well coached as any team in metro. I agree that in a few years, if not now, East Lit. will be one of the premier programs in metro.

I said that because Coach Spears and Coach Pigue are some of the best friends I have had in coaching and in life. I also think they are as well coached as any team in metro. I agree that in a few years, if not now, East Lit. will be one of the premier programs in metro.

I would take that a step further and say state my friend. Good coaching, good athletes.....it will be similar to Alcoa or Fulton.

Although, the movie Leatherheads, was based on runtheball's playing career, I agree we have all the parts for a great program. Let's see, no game field, no running water in locker room, no funds , practice field shared with 3 sports, Coach Spears is the only FB coach in the building, TPS game field shared with rugby teams, and jr. pro fb. teams and the state national guard, prinicpal is leaving & there are no teacher slots open, but the important thing is the players have a great attitude and work ethic, and that is reason enough to be excited. We face many challenges this season [ 10 to be honest ] Coach Spears needs to magnetize some more players and I know he has calls into Carlton and Maurice for suggestions how to handle the proper magnetism. RTB thanks for the magnification of the magnificence magnitude of the program , but it was magniloquent of you. [ all the words are all together in the dictionary ] LOL /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The Eagles are ready to spread their wings and fly. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Uh-oh, RTB..................you may have awakened the "sleeping shadow". You may be in line for derogatory mail.

Coach Spears and Coach Pigue are some of the best friends............too little too late (LOL)

sos

• 2 weeks later...

Gallatin's last was 92'. Is it really fair to group all of what metro has done against Hendersonville and Gallatin, two schools? By ratio of appearances, those two Sumner County schools win.

For the record, metro coaches work hard. They have to. No fan support, lack of quality booster clubs, and some kids with very tough playing circumstances. That is a hard job. Just look at how hard it is to get quality coaches in Metro. Most stay away.

h ville got 2 silver balls in 98 and 01

and ive talked to kids at hl about how sometimes the coach would just walk off and they wouldnt practice the rest of the week so the metro coaches dont do much at all

h ville got 2 silver balls in 98 and 01

and ive talked to kids at hl about how sometimes the coach would just walk off and they wouldnt practice the rest of the week so the metro coaches dont do much at all

Your logic is weak at best. I would think an adult would know better. First you are taking the word from kids as truth before getting the other side or seeing for yourself if there is any truth to the matter or not. Second by your logic I guess all metro coaches win gold balls too since Hillsboro did. Your logic is taking the supposed act of one coach, which I highly doubt actually happened, and placing all metro coaches into a group that does the same act. You really hit this one WIDERIGHT.

For some reason a lot of you Sumner Co. folks, especially Gallatin folks, think that all metro coaches do is sit around and collect a pay check. I would love to know exactly what your experience is with metro coaches and their work ethic. I would love to know how that knowledge would compare to what coaches do in Sumner county. I have been fortunate enough to be around several metro coaches and I can assure you that they work their butts off just like all the others who want to win.

Not only that but if you look at results alone I think the metro schools have had their fair share of success against the Sumner Co. schools. HuntersLane, Antioch, and Overton have all held their own. Next year if I am not mistaken you all will play Hillsboro. I am sure Hillsboro will be able to hold their own too. Personally I will miss seeing the Sumner Co. teams. You all have great facilities and Gallatin has a great atmosphere.

Your logic is weak at best. I would think an adult would know better. First you are taking the word from kids as truth before getting the other side or seeing for yourself if there is any truth to the matter or not. Second by your logic I guess all metro coaches win gold balls too since Hillsboro did. Your logic is taking the supposed act of one coach, which I highly doubt actually happened, and placing all metro coaches into a group that does the same act. You really hit this one WIDERIGHT.

For some reason a lot of you Sumner Co. folks, especially Gallatin folks, think that all metro coaches do is sit around and collect a pay check. I would love to know exactly what your experience is with metro coaches and their work ethic. I would love to know how that knowledge would compare to what coaches do in Sumner county. I have been fortunate enough to be around several metro coaches and I can assure you that they work their butts off just like all the others who want to win.

Not only that but if you look at results alone I think the metro schools have had their fair share of success against the Sumner Co. schools. HuntersLane, Antioch, and Overton have all held their own. Next year if I am not mistaken you all will play Hillsboro. I am sure Hillsboro will be able to hold their own too. Personally I will miss seeing the Sumner Co. teams. You all have great facilities and Gallatin has a great atmosphere.

And you will miss our gate money.

Overton is the team you can say did against Gallatin. Otherwise the metro schools you mentioned have 3 wins in eight years that weren't handed to them by the tssaa.

And you will miss our gate money.

Overton is the team you can say did against Gallatin. Otherwise the metro schools you mentioned have 3 wins in eight years that weren't handed to them by the tssaa.

I wont miss your gate money. I have never seen a penny of it anyway. I am only saying that its not like Gallatin and Hendersonville dominated metro and were far superior like some may think. I was not associating you with this. I was actually associating wideright and lilal and a couple of others I have seen on here.

I think you all moving to another district next year makes sense and in all honestly it is probably better for you all and metro as a whole. Good luck in your scrimmage against Riverdale.

As for the metro folks spring practice is almost here. Who all is scrimmaging and when and where?