Whitwell's Next Head Coach

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats the rumor up there, said he wasnt happy with the baseball program, i heard he has already had a few heated run ins with some of the parents, and the alumni isnt happy with him at all.... but like i said , so far that a rumor, but 5 months ago the rumor was taylor was leaving, and now he is gone.

I talked to Scott during basketball season and he said he was excited this year about the team, but they were young and were going to take some lumps. Scott has a lot to offer the program at Whitwell and it would be a shame if the administration ruined that.

i had heard Barton say the same thing.... but, they say that he has a lot of boo boo's on the field and in the classroom. one of the alumni i spoke with said, whs always has had pride in there baseball program and now they have fell off.. he said he didnt doubt that he wouldnt have a lot to offer the program, but it just didnt feel he was the coach for the job there...

Barton is doing a fine job, administration likes what he is doing, and has worked his butt off with the concession stand and program. We are lucky to have him and his assistance coaches. He has a young group of kids that are getting better fundamentally everyday.

Best I can tell the kids like him and work hard for him. Wins will come, good hire. Unless I am completely out of the loop the faculty likes him as well. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Thacker was a good hire too, has a lot to learn, but for a guy his age I find him intelligent and think he will do a good job. I hope both of them stay around awhile. I hate things did not work out for Tim, I thought they would have done much better next year, I was shocked when I heard the news. I hate that the program has reached the point it has, and I feel somewhat responsible. However, it is not something that can't be fixed.

i had heard Barton say the same thing.... but, they say that he has a lot of boo boo's on the field and in the classroom. one of the alumni i spoke with said, whs always has had pride in there baseball program and now they have fell off.. he said he didnt doubt that he wouldnt have a lot to offer the program, but it just didnt feel he was the coach for the job there...

pride in their program????????????? Are you kiddin me?? You think that beating up on the berean's and St Andrews of the world puts pride in the program. Scott has set these kids up for success by playing a tougher schedule and that will definitely pay off in the next several years. The coach of the last few years was the one who had the weak schedule and is the cause of most of what is going on and why the kids dont' know how to compete right now.