Lenoir City Head Coach

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should go ahead and nominate the 8th grader for Lenoir City All Century team cause you guys obviously know your stuff.

When are they announcing the new coach?

They are suppose to announce the new head coach tomorrow.

You need to quit worring about who's playing, who's starting. The new coach will have something to say about it, not the players. Most of those kids are good kids, good christian kids and good students. Just like any other team, you've got players that want all the play time and you have team players. When they play team ball, they are tough to beat. This past year they played like a team on a Friday and Saturday night and beat Farragut and Maryville two nights in a row. They have a long road ahead. New coach and new incoming freshman. Happens every year. Won't be any different this year except we might even have a try out. I'll pull for them no matter who plays but I do hope they get a coach that really wants to be there. I think Shane wanted the CAK job 2 years ago and I think he was shamed into taking the LC job but didn't really want to be there. I really don't think he was run off. He cared about the LC boys too. It's suppose to be a fun sport to watch and a lot of parents can take it so serious that their kids can't have fun. I've done it too. It's time to let the coaches coach and Milsap's time to tell unsatisfied parents to go sit down and shut up. Their kids can earn their playing time in practice and let the coach decide. Yall have a good one and we will check out the new coach tomorrow.

Windell told the kids today he was gone- if he is less than truthful it wouldn't be the first time but I think he is gone. It's a shame for Seymour, while he is not very experienced he is VERY passionate and hard working. If he would pick a school and settle down I think he'll be a really good coach. Now we did have nearly 20 kids that dressed varsity at different times of the year! Kinda weird, you might start one night and then the next game not even dress. We just thought he was building a program but clearly not. Anyway, as hard as he works I'm sure he'll be successful. In the mean time the Seymour boys are working on their 3rd coach in 3 years. What a shame.

Yall Lc people are nutts if J Hall comes to LC he is the second best maybe third best player on the team PERIOD behind Hood & maybe DP and 14 years kids beating a 16 year old jv team is a big thing to 14 years old but sad for them LC kids to get Dunk on that So. class is terrible it would be a couple I keep but the rest will get cut.

I am pretty sure i know more about lc's team than you know since i have been a part of it for the last 4 years /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . I never said that he was not going to be an outstanding player i believe he will in time but take it from someone who has started in that district for 2 years the speed is so much different from middle school i believe he will contribute but hes not gonna walk in and be the 3rd best player he is super tallented and i wish him the best theres just no way having played in the league i know first hand how tough it is so before you call me nuts find out your info i know that district and how tough it is to play in.

Not downing jordan he's and outstanding player and will be a star just not as a freshman look at hood him being 6 5 as a freshman was only around 7-10 points a game maybe 15 on a good night

I am pretty sure i know more about lc's team than you know since i have been a part of it for the last 4 years /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> . I never said that he was not going to be an outstanding player i believe he will in time but take it from someone who has started in that district for 2 years the speed is so much different from middle school i believe he will contribute but hes not gonna walk in and be the 3rd best player he is super tallented and i wish him the best theres just no way having played in the league i know first hand how tough it is so before you call me nuts find out your info i know that district and how tough it is to play in.

Not downing jordan he's and outstanding player and will be a star just not as a freshman look at hood him being 6 5 as a freshman was only around 7-10 points a game maybe 15 on a good night

Seymour is a good job maybe better than LC/ look at the past. LC will have one good year with Hood and thats it, look at the District. Remember Hood is a transfer also. they have had one two winning seasons in the last 8 years and they were last two years. Seymour has some potential!!

I can't believe I had to get a call from a friend to tell me that people on CoachT were dishing my family and my brother.

I won't hide behind my screenname like some of you will. I am Jordan's middle brother Justin.

I seriously hope people will drop this nonsense and get on with their lives because you seriously have issues if all you have to do is talk about a 14 y/o child who ISNT in highschool and compare their abilities with others and bicker back and forth about it.

For someone to get on here and talk about my brother and my Father, I find that very disrespectful.

If you have a problem with them then address it to them instead of a message board.

I know for a fact my Father would never disrespect another person or child especially on CoachT or in general because he is not that type of person. In fact, my father is a Great man. He has raised us in a very loving Christian family. Some people might not see him that way or may see him as pushing Jordan hard and everything be all about Jordan Hall, but that is the way he is. I did not know it was a crime a father wanted his children to grow up to be respectable Gentlemen and succeed in life.

I am proud that he has helped mold me into the person I am today. If that makes my father a bad man to be talked about because he wants the best for his children, then at least we know he loves us. Anyone who knows my dad knows this. He is always willing to help out another child. I know for a fact he has went out to North and helped both boy's and girl's for open gym to help them work on their free throws, etc. He doesn't do this stuff to make himself look good. He does it because he loves the game and he would help anyone out in general any way he could.

Anyone who has seen my brother Jordan play ball knows this. There is no I in Jordan and the game is not all about Jordan Hall. He is always looking to be a team player and make his teammates better around him. This past season playing at North he sat out most of the 2nd half due to North winning by 20 or more. Anyone who has grown up watching Jordan or myself play ball knows my parents do not kiss up to coaches. They never did when my older brother and myself played and I don't expect them to start now.

We have been raised to work hard for everything you get in life. Anything I or Jordan have accomplished we have done on our own. In fact, my parents keep mostly to themselves at games because they don't feel the need to be caught up in apparent drama like this.

As far as Jordan and highschool goes. If he plays, he plays. If he doesn't, well guess what he doesn't. I know my parents don't dwell on how many points he scores a game or if he starts. It would be no different if Shane Wells, who is our Uncle was still at Lenoir City. Shane was an asisstant coach for Tony Williams my Senior year and it didn't help my playing time, etc.

Jordan earns what he gets hands down and I know he is not out here bashing your children or telling them he the best player coming in as a Freshmen. It's sad to see people would act like this toward a young man who excels in life not just sports.

You people should be happy your children are healthy and able to play a sport still and I hope each and every one of them succeed in life and make their dreams come true. I played Basketball and Football at Lenoir City before graduating in 2005. I was on the verge of going somewhere to play Football my Senior year. People who know me know I was diagnosed with Chron's disease my Junior year and watched me fight this disease that year as well as my Senior year. It limited my ability to play ball and I was told not to play by my physician, but you know what I still did because I cared about my school and my teams and had the support from family,friends,teammates and fans. I said this to show that your life can seem perfect and it can all be taken away just like that. I thought sports were going to be my life esp. in college, but that does not happen for everyone and it's hard to get Athletic scholarships. I have been able to live out my dreams to help others and I am thankful Christ has blessed me recently becoming a college graduate with the support of my family.

My advice to everyone is this. Celebrate your new coach and get back on with your lives. Take pride back in Lenoir City like it once was. You have talented players around the board to be powerhouses in Football and Basketball again. It doesn't matter if your child plays or not. Heck, I rode the bench my Senior year in basketball the whole season, but you know any of my teammates who played with me will tell you I never gave up and I made them better players in practice and I worked hard everyday in the gym.

Good look to the future of Lenoir City. Now please leave my father and brother alone out of your discussions and take your problems or concerns to them.

Justin Hall

I can't believe I had to get a call from a friend to tell me that people on CoachT were dishing my family and my brother.

I won't hide behind my screenname like some of you will. I am Jordan's middle brother Justin.

I seriously hope people will drop this nonsense and get on with their lives because you seriously have issues if all you have to do is talk about a 14 y/o child who ISNT in highschool and compare their abilities with others and bicker back and forth about it.

For someone to get on here and talk about my brother and my Father, I find that very disrespectful.

If you have a problem with them then address it to them instead of a message board.

I know for a fact my Father would never disrespect another person or child especially on CoachT or in general because he is not that type of person. In fact, my father is a Great man. He has raised us in a very loving Christian family. Some people might not see him that way or may see him as pushing Jordan hard and everything be all about Jordan Hall, but that is the way he is. I did not know it was a crime a father wanted his children to grow up to be respectable Gentlemen and succeed in life.

I am proud that he has helped mold me into the person I am today. If that makes my father a bad man to be talked about because he wants the best for his children, then at least we know he loves us. Anyone who knows my dad knows this. He is always willing to help out another child. I know for a fact he has went out to North and helped both boy's and girl's for open gym to help them work on their free throws, etc. He doesn't do this stuff to make himself look good. He does it because he loves the game and he would help anyone out in general any way he could.

Anyone who has seen my brother Jordan play ball knows this. There is no I in Jordan and the game is not all about Jordan Hall. He is always looking to be a team player and make his teammates better around him. This past season playing at North he sat out most of the 2nd half due to North winning by 20 or more. Anyone who has grown up watching Jordan or myself play ball knows my parents do not kiss up to coaches. They never did when my older brother and myself played and I don't expect them to start now.

We have been raised to work hard for everything you get in life. Anything I or Jordan have accomplished we have done on our own. In fact, my parents keep mostly to themselves at games because they don't feel the need to be caught up in apparent drama like this.

As far as Jordan and highschool goes. If he plays, he plays. If he doesn't, well guess what he doesn't. I know my parents don't dwell on how many points he scores a game or if he starts. It would be no different if Shane Wells, who is our Uncle was still at Lenoir City. Shane was an asisstant coach for Tony Williams my Senior year and it didn't help my playing time, etc.

Jordan earns what he gets hands down and I know he is not out here bashing your children or telling them he the best player coming in as a Freshmen. It's sad to see people would act like this toward a young man who excels in life not just sports.

You people should be happy your children are healthy and able to play a sport still and I hope each and every one of them succeed in life and make their dreams come true. I played Basketball and Football at Lenoir City before graduating in 2005. I was on the verge of going somewhere to play Football my Senior year. People who know me know I was diagnosed with Chron's disease my Junior year and watched me fight this disease that year as well as my Senior year. It limited my ability to play ball and I was told not to play by my physician, but you know what I still did because I cared about my school and my teams and had the support from family,friends,teammates and fans. I said this to show that your life can seem perfect and it can all be taken away just like that. I thought sports were going to be my life esp. in college, but that does not happen for everyone and it's hard to get Athletic scholarships. I have been able to live out my dreams to help others and I am thankful Christ has blessed me recently becoming a college graduate with the support of my family.

My advice to everyone is this. Celebrate your new coach and get back on with your lives. Take pride back in Lenoir City like it once was. You have talented players around the board to be powerhouses in Football and Basketball again. It doesn't matter if your child plays or not. Heck, I rode the bench my Senior year in basketball the whole season, but you know any of my teammates who played with me will tell you I never gave up and I made them better players in practice and I worked hard everyday in the gym.

Good look to the future of Lenoir City. Now please leave my father and brother alone out of your discussions and take your problems or concerns to them.

Justin Hall

Nice to hear someone speak from the heart and I agree with you. I hope he comes to LC. The program needs all the help it can get. It doesn't matter who is there or who is leaving. We need players to keep coming in that can make a difference and keep building the program up, not tearing it down with words. Thanks for the advice.

congrats to coach windell! he is a great coach and a great guy. hopefully, he will be given a few years to prove himself after hood departs. i think kevin will be there for a while and will be good for the program. im sure he will be offered the golf job as well. this is a perfect fit for KW. let's just hope hes better at coaching golf than he is at playing golf!

jimmy d.