Union City Finds Coach.....

treefitty74

There is not a single player in the state that could transfer to UC and make them a state contender.

I agree with you....No doubt Union City would be a much stronger team..But not State contenders...I believe Bradford did play Central to about 10 points last year and some of that could have been with Bradford having to foul late..And I would think Fussel had a much better surrounding cast last year at Central than she would have at Union City..So ,as good as she is..I'm not buying a Gold ball like Pioneer thinks !

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster, you are right on target. Union City is more than one player shy of a state championship next year.

If Chassidy wanted to play for a state championship team and is serious about transferring, Westview would be a good fit. Gibson County would be in trouble if that happened................................................

and it could happen.

If Chassidy wants to transfer, please ask her to check out Greenfield. She could be the missing piece to our puzzle.

Hopefully she'll stay where she is for her senior year..But if a transfer were in order..Lake Co isn't very far away...The Lake Co 15 and under AAU team just won the State Championship in Nashville this past weekend and will be playing in the National Tournament in Orlando Florida July 5-10..The team was made up of mostly Lake Co High school and middle school players,with the exception of two other players,Macy Wright of Obion Co and Mattea Lock from Clinton Ky..The team beat Carter Co,made up with players from Happy Valley,Cloudland,and Elizabethton..Also beat Tenn Flight ,a team made up from Mufrreesboro players..beat Moore Co,girls from Moore Co.,Cornersville and Sewanee..,beat the Music City Magic,a team of players from Nashville by close to 20 points..Considering most of these players were from Lake Co..the future looks bright....T.T. and Carnation Hart both played on the team and both started for Lake Co last year as freshmen..Most people have heard about T.T. but rumour is another middle school player last year,Shamon Pearson, will probably start for the high school team this coming year alongside T.T. and Carnation..T.T. averaged 11 points a game for the AAU team while Shamon averaged close to 18 points a game....So..what does this have to do with Fussell..if she wants that Gold ball and is considering on transferring..Lake Co looks to be a fine place...lol.But being real..Stay at Central and make your school and community proud !

Bigster, you are right on target. Union City is more than one player shy of a state championship next year.

If Chassidy wanted to play for a state championship team and is serious about transferring, Westview would be a good fit. Gibson County would be in trouble if that happened................................................

and it could happen.

No doubt ..if that would happen..would be two great teams !

Hopefully she'll stay where she is for her senior year..But if a transfer were in order..Lake Co isn't very far away...The Lake Co 15 and under AAU team just won the State Championship in Nashville this past weekend and will be playing in the National Tournament in Orlando Florida July 5-10..The team was made up of mostly Lake Co High school and middle school players,with the exception of two other players,Macy Wright of Obion Co and Mattea Lock from Clinton Ky..The team beat Carter Co,made up with players from Happy Valley,Cloudland,and Elizabethton..Also beat Tenn Flight ,a team made up from Mufrreesboro players..beat Moore Co,girls from Moore Co.,Cornersville and Sewanee..,beat the Music City Magic,a team of players from Nashville by close to 20 points..Considering most of these players were from Lake Co..the future looks bright....T.T. and Carnation Hart both played on the team and both started for Lake Co last year as freshmen..Most people have heard about T.T. but rumour is another middle school player last year,Shamon Pearson, will probably start for the high school team this coming year alongside T.T. and Carnation..T.T. averaged 11 points a game for the AAU team while Shamon averaged close to 18 points a game....So..what does this have to do with Fussell..if she wants that Gold ball and is considering on transferring..Lake Co looks to be a fine place...lol.But being real..Stay at Central and make your school and community proud !

No doubt ..if that would happen..would be two great teams !

DANG... i opened up a can of worms.... its like a "bidding war" all of a sudden. I was just wondering would she follow Coach Suiter if they had a really strong relationship as plyer & coach AND as an added benifit b/c UC is right next door and in an easier district (state champs or not they have a better chance of winning a district or POSSIBLE region than they would at OC nxt year)...

now we got people trying to "place" her all over West TN. HAHAHAHAH Remember folks... she has been spotted working out at Dyer Co. and Mc Cord is now the girls coach.... HAHAHAHAHAHAAH.... sorry, couldnt resist... This should get the Choctaw faithful rilled up. I am just poking fun now.... nobody take me seriuos and start this whole recruiting stuff again!!!!!!!!

DANG... i opened up a can of worms.... its like a "bidding war" all of a sudden. I was just wondering would she follow Coach Suiter if they had a really strong relationship as plyer & coach AND as an added benifit b/c UC is right next door and in an easier district (state champs or not they have a better chance of winning a district or POSSIBLE region than they would at OC nxt year)...

now we got people trying to "place" her all over West TN. HAHAHAHAH Remember folks... she has been spotted working out at Dyer Co. and Mc Cord is now the girls coach.... HAHAHAHAHAHAAH.... sorry, couldnt resist... This should get the Choctaw faithful rilled up. I am just poking fun now.... nobody take me seriuos and start this whole recruiting stuff again!!!!!!!!

..I'm just having fun also...I've heard good things about Macy Wright of Central also..I believe all is well in Rebel Land..I believe Fussell is still working out at Dyer Co although I haven't personally seen her for myself in a few weeks..I'm pretty sure Coach McCord has talked to her in the months before he was the coach...just as most people probably would in maybe saying hello..nice game.....Now as the coach..sure would like to have you here..!..lol..Just kidding...!

Macy Wright is an outstanding player for OC. Some reason, I thought she was a Senior last year and was told she was only a Sophomore, lol. She's going to be tough over the next couple of years.

bigster, that team with TT and Carnation.... Did they play the TNWings the weekend before last in Dyersburg and lose? I was told that the 14U group beat the Lake Co. girls. You said there was quite a few middle schoolers on there with TT and Carnation, so I'm guessing the Wings 14U group played up an age group....

Macy Wright is an outstanding player for OC. Some reason, I thought she was a Senior last year and was told she was only a Sophomore, lol. She's going to be tough over the next couple of years.

bigster, that team with TT and Carnation.... Did they play the TNWings the weekend before last in Dyersburg and lose? I was told that the 14U group beat the Lake Co. girls. You said there was quite a few middle schoolers on there with TT and Carnation, so I'm guessing the Wings 14U group played up an age group....

No TT and carnation and them didnt play the wings last weekend in dburg.....tt and them played munford and dyersburg and won both.....lake co 7th grade may have played them and got beat....i believe they were playin up! TT and them played that wings bunch last at substate for aau and beat them by 25 or so....also macy was only a freshman last year.....and she is an outstanding player! That team they play on is called 4-Evergreen!

sbl

No TT and carnation and them didnt play the wings last weekend in dburg.....tt and them played munford and dyersburg and won both.....lake co 7th grade may have played them and got beat....i believe they were playin up! TT and them played that wings bunch last at substate for aau and beat them by 25 or so....also macy was only a freshman last year.....and she is an outstanding player! That team they play on is called 4-Evergreen!

sbl

Oh ok then, my bad. I was just told that they played the Lake Co. bunch and won. It was probably the 7th graders playing up an age group then. If the 8th grader TNWings beat TT and them that's really saying something.

So Macy was only a Freshman last year then? lol.... that's pretty crazy! She is extremely good to be so young! Her and Fussell will be running the show for OC this year.

sbl

Coach Lanier has been doing a great job with the Lake Co bunch the past several seasons !

Coach Lanier has been doing a great job with the Lake Co bunch the past several seasons !

Im sure he appreciates those sentiments but also know that credit should go where credit is due! The middle school and high school coaches do a fabulous job....they expect those girls to reach for a higher standard of character, committment, and work ethic....However they real accolades go to those girls.....they have bought in to what is going on in LC girls basketball and have stepped up to those higher standards! Remember the old saying "you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink"! Those girls have done what it takes! CONGRATS TO THEM!

SBL

Back to the subject at hand- /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> Congrats to Coach Suiter on landing in UC which is the best situation for him as the UC Daily Messenger stated- best of luck with UC which has some athletes to compete in the new 1A district.

As for OC's search for a head coach- Hopefully the folks in Rebel nation will find someone with a proven track record

that will be able to take a tradition rich girls program and take them to that next level that the GC's and Westview's of the world are already at. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Keep in mind , there are some quality coaches out there and even assistant coaches who have been very successful as head coaches who could come in a be a great fit. Really no need in looking "TOO FAR OFF' in finding a capable coach- some of the best quality coaches are right here in West TN /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />