Latest Bolus rankings

Indian

Hate to say it, but I'd take Butler over TT Flowers any day of the week. I know for a fact Butler is high on Coach McMillan's list at UTM as well as Coach Campbell's list at Union. She could easily play in the OVC for Coach McMillan and could probably be All-American at Union by her Senior season.

I'll say this about McMillan and Butler. I got the opportunity to watch Gibson County twice down in the Wayne County camp right before he took the job at UTM. In both games, he referred to her in front of her teammates, and anyone else that would listen, as "the best point guard in the state of Tennessee." Now that is a strong statement considering Avant, of course, (though Butler is way ahead of Campbell and Dye, IMO) but it struck me as him already recruiting her, even though he had not officially taken the job yet. I think she is of HIGH PRIORITY to him in terms of the recruits that he would like to bring in next year at UTM. She is certainly very capable of playing and doing very well there.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem with this is that Ferriss is not 6'... she is 6'8"... and those are 8 huge inches. If Shaq were 8 inches shorter, he never would have made the NBA and been a superstar... but he is not 8 inches shorter.

Being in the 3 spot may be high, especially with some of the next few behind her, but 6'8" is enough to dominate, and rightly so she is considered one of the top post players in the state.

True, but he would be one strong, physical 3 man. She is weak at 6'8, cant do many things. Coaching coaching coaching.

True, but he would be one strong, physical 3 man. She is weak at 6'8, cant do many things. Coaching coaching coaching.

Hopefully, the right D1 coach will get a hold of her and she will take advantage. And picturing Shaq as a mean, physical 3 man may have just brightened my day. Love it.

Most post players take some time to develop. There are exceptions. That is the reason a University coaching staff that has someone who specializes in developing post players is of great value to players who have that need. 6'8" certainly has some tools needed. She is a good DI prospect with the right development program for both the player and the University.

I'll say this about McMillan and Butler. I got the opportunity to watch Gibson County twice down in the Wayne County camp right before he took the job at UTM. In both games, he referred to her in front of her teammates, and anyone else that would listen, as "the best point guard in the state of Tennessee." Now that is a strong statement considering Avant, of course, (though Butler is way ahead of Campbell and Dye, IMO) but it struck me as him already recruiting her, even though he had not officially taken the job yet. I think she is of HIGH PRIORITY to him in terms of the recruits that he would like to bring in next year at UTM. She is certainly very capable of playing and doing very well there.

I tell you what I would to see Butler and Dye go at it one on one, both are fierce competitors and this summer at Jeff. City Tourn. Butler could not guard Dye, so I don't think Butler is Way ahead of DYE. I hope to see the match up at the state tour. next season.

Hate to say it, but I'd take Butler over TT Flowers any day of the week. I know for a fact Butler is high on Coach McMillan's list at UTM as well as Coach Campbell's list at Union. She could easily play in the OVC for Coach McMillan and could probably be All-American at Union by her Senior season.

I'm sure you would have Butler in the top 5..With T.T. just being a sophomore and being as high as she is by someone that has seen players from all over the state tells me he must see a lot of potential..I'm not saying she is a top 10 or better than Butler..but I did notice that she's the highest rated sophomore by him in Single A..What happened to all those girls that were picked by the Sportswriters for the all state teams last year..T.T. Flowers wasn't listed on any of those teams..Not even on the honorable mention list..I said then that all the sports writers should be ashamed of themselves..They had at least 10 or 15 girls over her that were coming back this year in Single A..Not that any of them won't make the all state teams over T.T.this year..But T.T. should have been listed with those girls in Single A....But ..for T.T. to be ranked that high so early and not just in a Single A ranking is pretty good..She just has to work hard and go out and get better..!

Four area players were named to the Tennessee Sports Writers Association??™s girls??™ all-state basketball teams. Fifteen players statewide in the three Division I classifications and 12 in Division II were honored, including Lookout Valley??™s April McCann in Class A, McMinn Central??™s Kylie Lambert in AA and Baylor??™s Kiera Payne and St. Andrew??™s-Sewanee??™s Jodie Brown in D-II.

McCann is making her second straight appearance on the all-state list. A four-year starter for the Lady Jackets, she has also been the Times Free Press all-city Player of the Year each of the last two seasons. She averaged 22.5 points, 9.1 rebounds and 3.8 steals per game last season.

???She??™s one of those girls that??™s irreplaceable,??? Lady Jackets coach Kristen Clounch said. ???She brought the ball down the floor, scored, rebounded and pretty much did everything else for us.

???I??™m looking forward to watching her play at the next level, but we??™ve got a huge set of shoes to fill now that she??™s gone.???

Lambert is a University of Tennessee at Chattanooga signee who averaged 13.4 points, 5.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists and 3.5 steals per game last season, helping McMinn Central to a 34-1 record and the state tournament.

Brown is the only non-senior among the area selections. The Lady Lions??™ sophomore post was also a Division II-A Miss Basketball finalist.

Payne led Baylor to the semifinals of the D-II-AA state tournament. The four-year starter averaged 13 points and six rebounds to help the Lady Raiders finish 20-10.

???She got better every year she??™s been with us,??? Baylor coach John Gibson said. ???From about midseason on, she improved as much as anybody in the city, and I still think her best playing days are ahead of her.

???She can make up for so many things with her athleticism. She can just go make plays.???

TSWA Girls??™ All-State Basketball

Class A

Laken Leonard (Jackson County), Kayla Christopher (Oliver Springs), Andrea Hobson (McEwen), Molly Heady (Clarkrange), Tasha Phillips (Clarkrange), Kelli Reed (Clarkrange), Jennilee Lenker (Eagleville), Molly Wallsmith (Bradford), April McCann (Lookout Valley), Morgan Faulkner (Madison), Kayla Gibson (Pickett County), Brittany Garrett (Pickett County), Layce Colter (Red Boiling Springs), Terrah Garner (Pickett County), Hannah Green (Clarkrange).

Class AA

Lauren March (Marshall County), Lashay Davis (Upperman), Chassidy Fussell (Obion County), Kayci Ferris (Smith County), Kendria Kilgore (Livingston Academy), Alissa Sells (Livingston Academy), Karissa Dyer (Upperman), Jennifer Maynard (Upperman), Taylor Mills (Gibbs), Kylie Lambert (McMinn Central), Amber Rechis (Westview), Heather Butler (Gibson County), Jasmine Lewis (Fulton), Breyona Bennett (Carter), Heather Griffin (Gibson County).

Class AAA

Jasmine Hassell (Wilson Central), Taylor Hall (Morristown West), Jasmine James (Bartlett), LaKeisha Crouch (Hillsboro), Erin Helton (Cookeville), Dymon Raynor (Smyrna), Kamiko Williams (Northeast), LaQuinta Jefferson (LaVergne), Jaclissa Haislip (Riverdale), Kortni Jones (Oak Ridge), Sarah Watkins (Houston), Jasmine Taylor (Memphis Central), Adrienne Pratcher (Memphis East), Erica Ousley (Fairley), Nicole Dickson (Greeneville

The article above was the all state team named a few months ago....!

Like I said a few months ago..No way 3 or 4 girls on 1 team ,especially a 3rd place team in their district should have been on this team..Not saying these girls aren't good players but no way all of them were better than T.T. Flowers..Like I said then..I say Now..The Sportswriters should be ashamed of themselves..I doubt most of them even saw T.T. play....Sure seems funny that none of them even had T.T. listed but the Bolus ranking has her ranked pretty high and not just in Single A....I see a lot of names on the Sportswriters list that isn't even on the top ten or the next 25 players...Again..Not saying these girls aren't good ball players..but all of them wasn't better than T.T....For Bolus to have her ranked pretty high...Either she really has improved a lot the past 3 months or the Sports writers should maybe actually watch a player before they vote..!

IMO, I believe that Shelby Campbell (Blackman) needs to be moved way up in the Top 12 category! Hoopgurlz (ESPN Recruiting) has her grade at 88 and Avant at 94 and Avant is going to UT?! Campbell is right on her heels as one of the best PG's in the State of Tennessee! Campbell is a D1 all the way!

It's going to be a great season and it will be fun watching who moves up the ladder! Good luck to EVERYONE!

I agree that was ugly, but I can tell you this I know the Dye kid and her family. She is a great kid and player and most of all a team player. I don't know the Coach for the panthers but if the Dye kid is playing for her, she has to be at least a good person because I know for a fact Rechelle Dye's parents would not let her play for an idiot.

Just curious, will her team be playing any in July around the State? Would like to see Dye play--have heard alot of good things about her...don't think I've ever heard of the Panthers team before??? Are they out of Greeneville or something? Just wondering.... good luck to her this season!