Fri Sep. 11 at Oliver Springs

Fri Sep. 18 Marion Co.

Fri Sep. 25 at Stone Memorial

Fri Oct. 2 Chattanooga Christian D

Fri Oct. 9 at Midway

Fri Oct. 16 at Bledsoe Co. D

Fri Oct. 23 Grace Baptist Academy

Fri Oct. 30 Notre Dame D

The really good news about this is after the week 1 and week 4 games the football account ought to have plenty of money in it. I almost wish those games were split where we played at one and hosted the other each year. Would balance the money better. Next year's Sequatchie and Bledsoe crowds will help but Bledsoe's wont be as big as Marion's or South Pittsburg's. Have no idea if anything else on the schedule will bring a crowd or not.

DL.

Better hope they get some money because from what I've been told there is none.

The easy answer to bringing in a crowd is to win some games. I think you are right though in that it doesn't matter who else is on the schedule, the old rivalries will always bring in the best crowds.

Well there should be one more of those old rivalries in place of those far off games but after that monster 7-6 win last year their old coach refused to schedule us again. Hopefully in 2 seasons we can get our old friends from Whitwell back on the schedule and shorten one of those road trips. I'd rather be at an old SVC game as anywhere. And at least we all help take care of each other with good gates.

DL.

Fri Aug. 28 South Pittsburg

Fri Sep. 4 at Sequatchie Co. D

Fri Sep. 11 at Oliver Springs

Fri Sep. 18 Marion Co.

Fri Sep. 25 at Stone Memorial

Fri Oct. 2 Chattanooga Christian D

Fri Oct. 9 at Midway

Fri Oct. 16 at Bledsoe Co. D

Fri Oct. 23 Grace Baptist Academy

Fri Oct. 30 Notre Dame D

So where are the W's on this list?

The easy answer to bringing in a crowd is to win some games. I think you are right though in that it doesn't matter who else is on the schedule, the old rivalries will always bring in the best crowds.

Well there should be one more of those old rivalries in place of those far off games but after that monster 7-6 win last year their old coach refused to schedule us again. Hopefully in 2 seasons we can get our old friends from Whitwell back on the schedule and shorten one of those road trips. I'd rather be at an old SVC game as anywhere. And at least we all help take care of each other with good gates.

DL.

I would say this new Coach at Whitwell will pick Grundy and Bledsoe back up if possible. That is too much money to give up, at least we were competitive, and those games helped us prepare for the playoffs, not to mention the excitment. By the way ran into Brewer a few weeks back, he seems to be doing well. After an all day 7-7 at Signal, I think we both kinda began to show our age.

Heard the scrimmage was a fiasco.

Very ugly scene.

Anyone who was there care to comment or are we trying to avoid the scandal?

I was there. Grundy and Moore County were fairly evenly matched overall. Grundy's offense didn't do a whole lot...but they have better size than in years past. MC had pretty good speed...played hard...and were well coached.

What I saw was...Grundy and Coffee County had a good scrimmage going until a lineman for CC continued to hold on to a Grundy lineman's leg...a good 3-4 seconds after the whistle (while lying on the ground). Grundy's lineman pushed hard in an attempt to get him off...but he held on (for whatever reason)...skirmish followed. Smack talking from both sides, etc... Then another nasty scene...with (from what people said...which I did not see) one of CC's coaches aggressively went after (again...which I didn't see) a Grundy player...at that point...most of the coaches from both sides had a few choice words (and a shove or two) for one another... Both sides seemed to calm down a bit (even though I thought that was a good time to end it)... Couple plays later...more pushing and shoving...and Coach Bryant appropriately cleared the field. CC coaching staff argued briefly...(which I really didn't understand)...but Nick did the right thing...stopped it before it got REALLY ugly...

Heard the scrimmage was a fiasco.

Very ugly scene.

Anyone who was there care to comment or are we trying to avoid the scandal?

I was there. Grundy and Moore County were fairly evenly matched overall. Grundy's offense didn't do a whole lot...but they have better size than in years past. MC had pretty good speed...played hard...and were well coached.

What I saw was...Grundy and Coffee County had a good scrimmage going until a lineman for CC continued to hold on to a Grundy lineman's leg...a good 3-4 seconds after the whistle (while lying on the ground). Grundy's lineman pushed hard in an attempt to get him off...but he held on (for whatever reason)...skirmish followed. Smack talking from both sides, etc... Then another nasty scene...with (from what people said...which I did not see) one of CC's coaches aggressively went after (again...which I didn't see) a Grundy player...at that point...most of the coaches from both sides had a few choice words (and a shove or two) for one another... Both sides seemed to calm down a bit (even though I thought that was a good time to end it)... Couple plays later...more pushing and shoving...and Coach Bryant appropriately cleared the field. CC coaching staff argued briefly...(which I really didn't understand)...but Nick did the right thing...stopped it before it got REALLY ugly...

Coaches were pushing each other?

I made the trip from jasvegas last night and couldn't tell if I was watching football or MMA.

Never saw grundy move the ball execpt on a busted play. Moore scored 2 on Grundy. Coffee scored 1 and then wasn't sent home early. Strange that Moore and Coffee didn't fight each other but they only fought Grundy. While most of the old SVC looks to be improving Grundy look more like WWE.

Good luck to the valley teams don't look like we have to worry much about whats up on that hill.

Where were all the kids I thought in Bryant's 1st interview he was talking about 80 or 90 kids I only saw 30-35 counting the kids with just jerseys on?

I have talked with two Grundy County fans and I mean die hard fans and they said they were embarrassed by what happened and wanted to apologize to the coaches at Coffee County.

No matter what happened I would say that's the last time these two teams get together for a while.

Heard they had a good scrimmage in the spring, to bad that was not the case Friday.