The best high school football game you have been to

what are the best high school game are games you have been to

i will start it off 3rd 2000 state playoffs milan vs southside at milan

the game was a tight one southside scores with like 40 some odd seconds left to take the lead i dont remember the score but that put them up. SS kicks off and milan returns the kickoff for a td to take the lead back. Milan kicks off and stops SS on the return at like the 25-30 yard line.Milan fans were going crazy-- the last play of the game SS throws a screen pass 70-75 yards later td it was like a graveyard at johnny hale great game though

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best - 2003 1A Blue Cross Bowl - CPA beats Boyd in OT, stopping them 8 plays from the 10YL in OT, after getting called for a phantom pass interference on the first 4th down.

Next Best - 2007 playoff game between CPA and Goodpasture at GP. 2OT's won by GP due to CPA fumbling the snap on 4th and inches in the 2nd OT. Neither team could stop the other's offense.

1981 Springfield at Gallatin,Springfield defeated Gallatin 7-6 and went on to win District 9 AAA. Gallatin had two scoring opportunities in the fourth qtr. but the Jacket defense forced two turnovers to turn the Wave. This was Gallatin coach Calvin Short's first and believe only, non-play-off season. Springfield also upset the Wave 14-0 the 1980 season,when the Jackets were in 10 AAA. and were coached by Springfield alumnus Jerry Pearson,who later led Dickson Co. to the 1988 AAA state championship.

I've got 2 from Gibson Co....

In 2006, Gibson Co. was playing Martin Westview (Westview was ranked #2 in the state at the time in 2A), Gibson Co. was trailing the whole game by a good margin. With about 5 minutes left in the game and the score in favor of Westview by the score of 31-14, Gibson Co. rallied back to the biggest comeback in school history. GC held Westviews offense causing them to punt around the 5 minute mark. GC drove the field and scored a TD to make the score 31-21 with a little under 3 minutes left in the game. GC recovered the onside kick and in about 3-4 passing plays GC scored again to make it 31-28 with under 2 minutes left in the game. GC once again recovered another onside kick and drove the field again scoring the go ahead TD with under 10 seconds left in the game lifting them to a 34-31 win over the #2 ranked team in the state, Westview.

Also in 2006, Gibson Co. was playing Obion Co. in what turned out to be a shootout. Obion Co. could not stop Antoine Cunningham this night and Gibson Co. could not stop Obion Co. Antoine ran for 385 yards and 7 TD's in the game. GC won the game by the score of 48-47. Antoine set a record for most rushing yards in a game which has now already been broken.

1988 Alcoa vs Maryville game was a great one. Alcoa stopped Maryville on the 1 yard to preserve the win. Would be in my top two or three games?

In 1989 Alcoa played Kingston in the semi-finals and it was probably the greatest game that I have ever seen. I believe it was Alcoa 17 Kingston 14. It took Alcoa 4 plays to get in from the 6 yard line. They scored with about a minute left in the game. There was no doubt that Kingston was the second best team in Tennessee that year. Alcoa went on to beat Brentwood Academy.

2004 Alcoa vs Hunington championship game was probably the most exciting game I have ever seen. State records every where in that game.

As far as game and atmosphere combined would be the 2003 Quaterfinals between Smith Co. and Macon Co. It was at Macon Co.'s field. They have an old stadium where the fence and bleachers are basically right on the sideline and endzones. The bleachers were full before 5:00 that evening. By kickoff, fans were standing three rows deep along the fences around the field. Fans were two rows deep standing in the north side endzone. Also, people who were not allowed in (they actually stopped letting people in) were standing several rows deep in the street which runs right by the field. I was fortunate to get a front row fence spot. The entire game was back and forth down to the wire. It was so loud you had to yell in the ears of the people next to you for them to hear you the whole game. The only time you could hear anything but a crowds roar was during halftime and the 49 yard field goal Macon Co. hit with less than a minute to win 10-9. You could hear a pin drop while the kick was in the air. Tremendous game. I have been to games with much more people. I have been to games with great come from behind endings. But in all my years watching Tennessee high school football I have never seen such a tremendous game, with so many people packed into a small stadium, with so much on the line, and so LOUD. One word: electrifying.

:roflolk:

I have several I remember. 1st as a player 1991 Bledsoe vs Sequatchie, in which we scored a TD on a hook and lateral to beat the Indians for the 1st time in 5 yrs. Great atmosphere and game. As an assistant coach 2000 Marion beats Sequatchie Co. in OT. The Indians missed a field goal at the end of regulation that would have won the game and the Warriors won in OT with back up QB "Bubba" Morrison scoring on a play that will forever be known by the MC coaching staff as "Bubba right" !! :roflolk: As a Head Coach I have 2. First is Lake Co vs Mckenzie in 2005. Mckenzie won in a shootout 54-53 where neither team could stop the other. The Falcons of LC scored on the last play of the game to make it a 1pt. game. We opted to go for two and the win and Mckenzie got their best defensive play of the night to stop Springer on an outside veer play. The last one was 2006 Lake County vs Fayette Academy. The vikings of FA wee expected to be in the bluecross bowl and were a #1 seed in the playoffs. Lake CO. was a #4 seed and had been blown out by the vikings the year before in the playoffs 55-13. LC stunned the Vikings with a great defensive effort and some timely offense 14-12 in somerville. This gave LC their first playoff win since 1996. All are very fond memories of mine.

I have several I remember. 1st as a player 1991 Bledsoe vs Sequatchie, in which we scored a TD on a hook and lateral to beat the Indians for the 1st time in 5 yrs. Great atmosphere and game. As an assistant coach 2000 Marion beats Sequatchie Co. in OT. The Indians missed a field goal at the end of regulation that would have won the game and the Warriors won in OT with back up QB "Bubba" Morrison scoring on a play that will forever be known by the MC coaching staff as "Bubba right" !! :lol: As a Head Coach I have 2. First is Lake Co vs Mckenzie in 2005. Mckenzie won in a shootout 54-53 where neither team could stop the other. The Falcons of LC scored on the last play of the game to make it a 1pt. game. We opted to go for two and the win and Mckenzie got their best defensive play of the night to stop Springer on an outside veer play. The last one was 2006 Lake County vs Fayette Academy. The vikings of FA wee expected to be in the bluecross bowl and were a #1 seed in the playoffs. Lake CO. was a #4 seed and had been blown out by the vikings the year before in the playoffs 55-13. LC stunned the Vikings with a great defensive effort and some timely offense 14-12 in somerville. This gave LC their first playoff win since 1996. All are very fond memories of mine.

I seen film on that OT game with Sequatchie, FG looked good to me. Great win for you guys.