Cheatham County Cubs @ Smith County Owls

BoardHater71

Good luck this year Smith Co. Owls. Too bad we won't be playing, but that won't stop me from coming into your threads. :thumb:

Reaction, I think you guys should have a good chance of going deep into the playoffs this year. Glad to hear from you, likewise about not playing each other. Man, we had some battles didn't we!! Seems like the home team didn't fare too well in our series.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howdy.......depending on what you like to eat, we're limited, but there are a few places. But the SC Q-back club now operates BOTH conession stands and they usually have some pretty good stuff.

The SC/G-ville radio program comes on Thursday night at 6:00. It's on line. I think there is a link on the

SC website.

Your right, burgers cooking, band playing, music for the dance team, starting line ups, warm ups, crowd buzzing, running through the banner, kids forming a tunnel for guys they look up to, and fireworks going off. It don't get much better. One week away.

The other side will bear the brunt of the T... W......You'll be in the press box it won't be AS loud. :thumb:

Bring a crowd with you Howdy.I promise you, most of them hadn't seen anything like this at a high school game.

Termite - I don't know what train whistle Howdy is talking about. I think someone just started a rumor about a loud train whistle. :thumb:

I'm inclined to agree with imallin. 28/35-7.

Tonight, I thought the Owls held their own with an athletic Cookville team. I don't think SC will play another team with that type of Cookville scored early. SC scored late. Typical jamboree/scrimmage,to me . I never get a true picture. I probably put too much stock in some things and not enough in others.

Glad to see #69 get some work. Need the depth. #12 made some goods cuts with the JV. Freshmen looked good. #47 may need to return kickoffs. Just a little more "tweaking" to do.

SC got what they've been needing in their jamboree...a physical team that was determined to pound them into the ground. After a quarter and a half, the Owls decided to answer the bell. The Owls won't see a team that physical until deep into the playoffs...if lucky enough to get that far. It was nice to see the Owls rise to the challenge with a couple minutes left. A jamboree is just a "dress rehearsal" but it turned out to be a great work day for the Owl bunch. I hope the teams on our schedule don't have kickoff teams like Cookeville did...they were impressive to me.

This will be closer that the score. Smith Co. 21 Cheatham 7. :thumb:

I heard the Cubs lost their talented RB Montgomery in a jamboree Fri. night ..nature of how bad I cant say :lol:

Shaun Montgomery will not play for the Cubs when they take the field next Friday night in Carthage to play the Smith County Owls. In the opening period of the jamboree tonight he got rolled up fighting for extra yardage on a 4th down play and suffered a major knee injury that is likely to sideline him for a long period of time. It is a blow to the Cubs football team HOWEVER it is not the end of the world. The regular season is right around the corner and the guys know that now is not the time to feel sorry for yourself. Smith County too has suffered injuries to projected starters during the preseason and unfortunately it is something that sometimes is a part of the game. LIFE GOES ON........... Shaun will be around to support his friends all season long and he will work and do whatever it takes to get back onto the field and have a big time senior campaign in 2010.

IT IS TIME FOR SOME OF THE YOUNG CUBS TO STEP UP & SHOW WHAT THEY ARE MADE OF RIGHT NOW!

I really hate to hear that. I was looking forward to seeing him play. You are correct...though. SC lost their probable starting TB and preseason all-state lineman for the season. It's part of the game. I think our younger kids are already stepping up. If there is such a thing as a being fortunate...it is good that we lost both in the early preseason. It's tough to lose one in the jamboree.