Best Punter In the State

private1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted by private1:

Who do you think the best punter in the state is?

Hands down i would say David DeFatta from franklin, I practice with him everday, ive seen him on his good days when he is awesome, which he showed against Blackman. He doesnt have too many bad days, but when he does he still is punting around 30yards each punt, and yet he is only a sophomore. Everyone ssaid he would have big shoes to fill punting after colby smith did last year and i think he is just as good if not better in games.

honorable mention goes to shane normandin at dyersburg high....

thus far this season, as a junior, he has kicked almost all of his kick-offs out the back of the end zone....

he is averageing about 43 yards per punt, not too bad, but his hang time has been excellent for a junior....at about 4.3....

he may not be the best.....but i would dare say he is in the top 5...

keep the good work up shane.....

i think junior, andrew bradley from page, has one of the strongest legs in 3A...if he can just get over the pressure of the D-line in the games. he should try to bump his 37yd average up to about 42 or 43, then he'l be in the top spot; especially after that 52 yarder he boomed out of the endzone against centennial. warming up before games, he spirals them, turning over one after the other 45 to 50 yards, but when he gets on the field they drop to 34 and 35 yards

Posted by FBall14:

Cody Bliss is by far the best kicker/punter in the state...but he doesn't count ;) he's in a league of his own...Franklin's punter/kicker David Deffata is a young Sophomore who has a great future ahead of him with a nice work ethic and god given talent...

I agree totally. DeFatta has a bright future ahead of him if he can keep up with what he is doing. By the time he is a senior he will have schools looking at him from many of the area schools around tennessee and maybe even schools not around the state.