big 8 Jamboree

WaCoJaCo

I thought South was the only team that got much out of it,working it like a scrimmage.Dobyns Bennett might as well went to Waco's and watched the grass grow,a total watse of good practice time from my point of view.I will say that if your going to waste your time ,it was nice of coach to play everybody that he could in one quarter.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought South was the only team that got much out of it,working it like a scrimmage.Dobyns Bennett might as well went to Waco's and watched the grass grow,a total watse of good practice time from my point of view.I will say that if your going to waste your time ,it was nice of coach to play everybody that he could in one quarter.

Waste of my $6.00 bucks to. dry.gif

Well, was it a packed house or room for more? Did everybody (i.e. South and DB) mind their manners? Somone said that both City and County, both Fire Depts., plus the Guard were going to be there on October 2nd. :bored:

It was a good crowd but by no means packed. I didn't see or hear anything rude in my section from anyone. Also Comp, St. Clair threw a beautiful pass to #1 towards the front corner of the endzone, can't remember where LOS was maybe around the 25 yard line??!! When he first threw it I thought it was going out of bounds but #1 turned on the jets and ran under it. Very nice. You would have been proud. Defense looked good but they weren't running after Shephard. #23 ran some good routes as well.

Wonderful! So the meat and the potatoes are served. Congrats to #1!!! He will be ON now. And with the depth that showed in the Powell scrimmage of Williams, Hubbard, and Shanks we have a skilled bench. I love it how Stacy pulls it together. West will be a formidable task. Sounds like we are prepped. The knashing of teeth, the gaping slashes of swords, the troumpling underfoot of the infantry, the exacting arc of the Archer and with the Comandante's arm held high...so it begins. Rebels...Charge!!!

Perfect night for high school football-too bad it wasn't a real game. $6 a little steep for admission. South looked like they always do, DB held their cards, Volunteer was scrappy, Central was giving it all they had, SH wasn't bad, and THS didn't run their offense on purpose-but the defense didn't show up. Hope that changes before real game time.

All in all it gave the boys a change to get in front of a big crowd and show off or not show off. Depends on who your coach is and what they want out of this jamboree. It sure did give tricitiessports another much needed chance to showcase South and DB. haha If all the area teams could be so lucky..........

The conference is ours to win. Just as in the past few years of the MLC. We are the best team. Now, we must prove it. Simple as that. No excuses. D-B takes second. I look for the Hill to slide in at 3rd. TH 4th. Volunteer 5th. Boone 6th. Central 7th and Crockett 8th.

This is what this Jamboree was all about to the South team and fans. From the way the team came onto the field to the last play attempt to put another score on the board as if 21-0 in one quarter was not enough. Playing your first string against the 2's and 3's of the other team the whole way, then pounding your chest and chanting "hey look at me". South treated this Jamboree as if it were the Super Bowl. Im suprised they didn't stop play in the middle of their quarter and bring out Janet Jackson for halftime intertanment. Yes South looked the best of all the teams there. But I don't see how that helps them any. Playing against Tennessee High's JV. This being your best team ever and probably DB being the weakest they have been in the past 20 years you should win the conference. If you can't beat the Indians this year it will never happen for you. I still don't think you can beat a team west of Morristown come playoff time. But good luck to you anyway.

Did anybody see the drunk lady trying to get out of the parking lot in that black camero?