big 8 Jamboree

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bull-oney! Too much lovey dovey politically correct Lou Holtz Bill Clinton crap talk on here. Most D-B fans would love to see West beat the crap outta us so they can say we haven't beaten anyone West of Telford. Well except Jack. And he changed his recently to "beat anyone West of wherever in the PLAYOFFS". Most South fans would love to see Farragut beat D-B 44-0 and then Podunk High beat them in the first round of the playoffs AGAIN this year. Just man up and say what you feel! :roflol:

Some of you people take this stuff way to seriously. Its a game. To tell you the truth I really don't care enough to follow your game with West as your playing it. But when I pick up the paper Saturday morning I'd rather see that South won the game as opposed to losing it. Knox West is a 6-4, 5-5 team year in and year out. I don't think this year will be any different for them so you shouldn't have any problems down there. Good luck. :roflol:

Bull-oney! Too much lovey dovey politically correct Lou Holtz Bill Clinton crap talk on here. Most D-B fans would love to see West beat the crap outta us so they can say we haven't beaten anyone West of Telford. Well except Jack. And he changed his recently to "beat anyone West of wherever in the PLAYOFFS". Most South fans would love to see Farragut beat D-B 44-0 and then Podunk High beat them in the first round of the playoffs AGAIN this year. Just man up and say what you feel! :roflol:

Some of you people take this stuff way to seriously. Its a game. To tell you the truth I really don't care enough to follow your game with West as your playing it. But when I pick up the paper Saturday morning I'd rather see that South won the game as opposed to losing it. Knox West is a 6-4, 5-5 team year in and year out. I don't think this year will be any different for them so you shouldn't have any problems down there. Good luck. :roflol:

Most years West would be 8-2 in the Big 8. No worse than 7-3.

West has a killer schedule this year.South could be anywhere from the thrid to fifth hardest game on the year for them.Look at those teams including Maryville and Farragut in that mix.Man!!

Yes, and some of the Maryville folks say West has given them some decent games in the playoffs. At least much closer than anyone else in east Tn. West may be a 5-5 or 6-4 team, but they are probably good enough to be the best or one of the best in our area on a regular basis.

With so much on their plate,South might catch West looking ahead to a Maryville or one of those teams.

True. But this game can and will be used as a benchmark for us also. Everyone will be comparing our score vs. them as opposed to all those other good teams that West will play. I know it's not a true indicator but it's all we'll have.

I would expect a good turnout of South Rebel fans. I'll be there along with some other '83 alumni. Anyone else going? Also Volman, you mentioned Litton's in another thread we're going to try and hit there before the game. Have you been before? If so any recommedations?

Oh yes, I've been there many times. Best burgers around. I always go with the mushroom/swiss burger. Get there early especially if Knox Central is playing at home that night. I haven't checked their schedule to see.

I would expect a good turnout of South Rebel fans. I'll be there along with some other '83 alumni. Anyone else going? Also Volman, you mentioned Litton's in another thread we're going to try and hit there before the game. Have you been before? If so any recommedations?

It's out Broadway in Fountain City just before the lake, on the right. Everybody goes for the hamburgers which are fantastic. This is Knox Central's neighborhood. I used to live there at elementary age. You won't be disappointed.

I'll be going down with a car load. Hopefully we''ll be there when the gates open just like at Maryville. I'm counting on a different end result however. REBEL NATION :roflol:

Oh yes, I've been there many times. Best burgers around. I always go with the mushroom/swiss burger. Get there early especially if Knox Central is playing at home that night. I haven't checked their schedule to see.

After I typed that reply, I remembered the last time I was there (about 9 months ago) they no longer had the mushroom/swiss burger. I went with the chili burger. Awesome! Don't be shocked at the price though (around 10-12 bucks) because it's worth it. If you aren't a big eater you can share it. The burgers are huge! I just checked Central's schedule. They are home vs Webb. Place will be packed.

With so much on their plate,South might catch West looking ahead to a Maryville or one of those teams.

True. But this game can and will be used as a benchmark for us also. Everyone will be comparing our score vs. them as opposed to all those other good teams that West will play. I know it's not a true indicator but it's all we'll have.

I've not seen all the polls,but one has South and West at number's five and six in the state 5A class.That is a good indicator for both teams to start with.I've seen two different 6A polls that both have Farragut number two in the state.Polls don't count for anything right now,but a lot of people know what we do about these two knoxville teams,they are good!