Knox Co. Jamboree Thoughts

Any thoughts on the Knox Co Jamboree??

5 from Bearden is an amazing kicker/punter

Catholic started out their season by getting stomped by Powell, then proceeded to show no class or sportsmanship by running to the buses and leaving while their head coach screamed and berated them....welcome to 5A

AE's linebackers were the real deal

Webb's linebackers can bring it also

Karns has the most hideous helmet logo EVER!!!!!

Another solid year for the Falcons of Fulton

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree the kicker from bearded is awesome........catholic looks like they should have stayed down for a couple more years (welcome to the SEC of highschool football) fulton looked good as did ae.....west kinda disapointed me, other than #20 williams they had no offense and that was with cak stacking 9 guys in the box......gonna be a long year if they cant throw the ball......great games all around fun to see all the teams....wish clinton were at the jamboree love watching stone play QB he's the real deal.....

Go west rebels

i couldnt agree more. if west doesnt start throwing the ball....no never mind i take that back if they dont start CATCHING the ball it will be a long season. West has the right weapons to throw the ball too but they continually throw to the same guy who always drops the ball. I mean 1 TD is bad enough but 2 back to back oppertunities to score and you drop it thats obserd. Farrigut looked awful it was bad i thought they would do better....to put it shortly i was shocked

West is definitely having some problems at reciever. They have the right guys they are just catching a case of the dropitis. Fulton can catch but he doesn't block so the coaches aren't gonna always have him in. Baylosis gets open I just think he is having some focusing issues ie looking to juke before he gets the ball and I don't even know about 17 he just drops balls a lot.

Fulton doesnt block too good but he wont drop the ball either so i think if coach cummings knows its going to be a pass play he should put him in for the 1st look route. and Baylosis is not as good as you would think his hands have been a question mark all summer long and dropping not jus one butt 2 TD's thats unacceptable. and 17 he'll be really good soon as he gets over his jitters i think this is his 1st year playing. I think Coach Cumming will put the formula together for this team and when he does WHOA they be dangerous

Ya and if you put Fulton in just on pass plays it becomes a noticeable trend which teams will pick up on. And I dunno if you saw spring scrimmages but Baylosis was our biggest passing threat he wasn't dropping anything then trust me on this one he'll be fine. Plus when Gyebison gets healthy then we will have Fulton, Baylosis, and Gyb in our 3 WR sets. That's pretty tough to stop if they can catch the ball.

How about Webb's trick play to start off their game? I was honestly impressed. They looked good.

Devrin from Bearden looked a little bigger. and their other running back looked good too. And they have a kicker in cisco.

Catholic had a terrible night. Dont count them out though. They were missing 4 starters- shirley, mackle, casey, and faris- all of whom are vital to the production of their offense. No excuses though. Turnovers killed them and defense looked confused. Too many young players with inexperience. If I had to make a bet, I'd say Catholic gets much stronger down the stretch. Plus, they were still hiding plays/formations. It will be interesting to see them in true form.

Man weren't Fulton and AE athletic?

All in All i thought it was a great night of football and I enjoyed seeing the knox area teams getting together to play.

Catholic started out season getting beat in almost all their scrimmages too. Coach P in the last 4 years never lost a scrimmage to a 5A opp. He went against Halls, Powell, West every year preseason and smashed them. When the adminstration starts running off the good coaches, this is the type of stuff you see, like you did last night

They were missing 4 starters- shirley, mackle, casey, and faris- all of whom are vital to the production of their offense. No excuses though. Turnovers killed them and defense looked confused. Too many young players with inexperience.

Those things go both ways, Irish. Powell was playing without its starting QB and without one of its starting corners. Add to that that Powell has been starting in scrimmages some 6 or 7 sophomores and two freshmen. They are young and inexperienced, too. You say that you don't want to make excuses, but you feel compelled to post that as some kind of justification for not playing well. A lot of other teams are in the same inexperienced boat.

That said, I believe like you do that Catholic will get it together, especially as the season goes forward. They are too talented not to, in my opinion, but so will other young teams.

How about Webb's trick play to start off their game? I was honestly impressed. They looked good.

Devrin from Bearden looked a little bigger. and their other running back looked good too. And they have a kicker in cisco.

Catholic had a terrible night. Dont count them out though. They were missing 4 starters- shirley, mackle, casey, and faris- all of whom are vital to the production of their offense. No excuses though. Turnovers killed them and defense looked confused. Too many young players with inexperience. If I had to make a bet, I'd say Catholic gets much stronger down the stretch. Plus, they were still hiding plays/formations. It will be interesting to see them in true form.

Man weren't Fulton and AE athletic?

All in All i thought it was a great night of football and I enjoyed seeing the knox area teams getting together to play.

Catholic is already making excuses. Starters out, new system, moving up, too many young players. According to the paper they have 5 D1 guys, and started 6 soph. on def. in state champ. game last year so how are they inexperienced. Maybe the AD can save them.

AE is very athletic and look for them to have a big year. If fulton can get any blocking from the line, watch out for their backs, and Young from Breaden is the real deal. He would be hard to tackle in a phone booth.

Webb is back in the divison they belong and will compete for state title.