Obion Co. Rebels

treefitty74

Hopefully they will be a better team than Fulton County was. They had some athletic looking players, they just didn't produce. Discipline, coaching, lack of interest; I don't know but they weren't impressive. Still, a good win for the Rebels who were starving for one. Perhaps this gets them back on track.

P&G ~ A Memphis friend says Byhalia is about 15 minutes past Collierville area and best to come into Memphis from Jackson. Have you been to Byhalia? Anyone know where the school is? By the way, you missed a good game @ Westview Thursday night. I'm sure Tree filled you in on it. Was a pretty exciting game, especially not having a dog in that race.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully they will be a better team than Fulton County was. They had some athletic looking players, they just didn't produce. Discipline, coaching, lack of interest; I don't know but they weren't impressive. Still, a good win for the Rebels who were starving for one. Perhaps this gets them back on track.

P&G ~ A Memphis friend says Byhalia is about 15 minutes past Collierville area and best to come into Memphis from Jackson. Have you been to Byhalia? Anyone know where the school is? By the way, you missed a good game @ Westview Thursday night. I'm sure Tree filled you in on it. Was a pretty exciting game, especially not having a dog in that race.

No never been to Byhalia.....Me and my bro are thinking about maybe going and catching the Milan/Huntingdon game....Not sure yet...

tree and GCPioneer are heading out to Alcoa Friday to watch Maryville/Alcoa....The young son is heading to Mississippi to get all painted up again with The Rebel Train and support his friends like they do him and his basketball teammates...

Saturday night I'm heading up to Mayfield to catch the Alliance Bowl with Mayfield and Trousdale County playing @ 6 then Graves County plays Trigg County @ 8:15....Lots of the folks I work with in Hickory are going to be there...Should be a good time...

Yeah, tree and his brother came in last Thursday night saying man what a game!!..You missed it... :roflolk: ..I told them I listened to the last quarter on the internet..Thought the Huntingdon announcer was going to cry he was so happy.... :blush:

I think I'll go through Jackson. For anyone interested, here's the Mapquest directions from Jackson.

5: Merge onto I-40 W toward MEMPHIS. 54.9 mi

6: Take the TN-385 exit, EXIT 24-25, toward MILLINGTON. 1.3 mi

7: Merge onto TN-385 E via EXIT 24A. 3.5 mi

8: Take the US-64 exit toward SOMERVILLE/BARTLETT. 0.4 mi

9: Turn LEFT onto US-64/TN-15. 0.3 mi

10: Turn RIGHT onto COLLIERVILLE-ARLINGTON RD N/TN-205. Continue to follow

COLLIERVILLE-ARLINGTON RD N. 12.3 mi

11: Turn RIGHT onto E POPLAR AVE/TN-57. 1.9 mi

12: Turn LEFT onto S BYHALIA RD/TN-175. Continue to follow S BYHALIA RD

(Crossing into MISSISSIPPI). 7.8 mi

13: S BYHALIA RD becomes MS-309. 3.7 mi

14: 278 HIGHWAY 309 N.

Happy Motoring!! :roflol:

Well....with most Rebel diehards thinking after two games the Rebels might be 2 - 0, but the Indians from Byhailia had something different to sent toward the Rebel following.

The Rebels have not gone 2 - 0 since the 2002 season.....that my friends is a LONGT TIME.

I think the Indians were just a little better than a 2008 0 - 10 team....

Looks like the Rebels will start the season 1 - 1 and the so call rent-a-win didn't happen. To many skilled folks for the Rebels to handle it seems..

Rebels 20

Indians 27

Sounds like the Indians were just a little to much for the Rebels...especially late.

Did conditioning come into play in the second half ? The Rebels kicking game....there appears to be none...

Byhalia even had a girl playing wideout on their team. First of any that I have ever heard of around these parts.

Rebels make it interesting towards the end but to little to late!! Game Over...

Rebels have to re-group next week.

Not many other chances for a "W" in the win column. "Should" beat Gibson County and Ripley.

"You can't overlook anyone for sure especially when you cross state lines but if OC can handle prosperity (winning) they should come back home 2-0"...

I posted this earlier in the week....Byhalia is not very good...Athletes??..Yes they have some but they had lost 12 games in a row and been beaten by another sub-par team in Booker T Washington to open the season (It is what it is) .....This was a game Obion Central should have won....There are a few excuses you might could think of....The 3 or 3 1/2 hour bus ride, playing out-of-state or whatever.....Seemed like every time OC would get rolling a little there would be a stoppage in play..Heat time-outs, equipment malfunctions or officials time-outs would stall momentum....

I think it was mainly that the Rebels didn't handle winning very well....They didn't come out focused..They received the opening kick-off and went three and out...They punted and the Indians went down and scored to go up 7-0....Another observation, OC has to find a kicker..You can't have to go for two after every TD and you have to be able to kick a field goal when you are down close and not have to go for the first down every single time....You would think that with a school of over 1000 students you could find one kid that could kick, boy or girl....I think if I was coach Jackson I would be putting out an A.P.B for a kicker starting Monday morning...

I had the Rebels winning this game, last weeks game,Cape Central, Gibson County and possibly Ripley....A 4-6 or 5-5 record..Ripley won big at McNairy County last night so that game may be in jeopardy now....

The warm-ups are over with now...Crockett County is up next in Alamo...OC will get three key pieces of their offense back for this game...Jaquis Williams and Patrick Minnick return from a two-game suspension and lineman Ethan Davis returns from his one game suspension stemming from his altercation in the Fulton County game.....

Gonna be a tough week of practice for the Rebels....Keep your chins up and work harder....

As to the question of this team having a girl, she went into to the game with very few minutes left and never came close to the ball or even a play. The yellow flags with OC written all over them did not help the cause for us. Seems the officials were as determined for the Indians to win as much as anyone. Don't count OC out in the wins column, they aren't finished yet.