Oakland @ Ensworth

lilcoach7

My guess is that Ensworth's 2 pt conversion play was something we had not seen them do on any film , so we weren't expecting it. That si why Bowers ran it. Coach Mc probably wanted to pull something out that Ensworth wasn't going to expect either. But his try didn't work. Had it worked, he would be heralded as a hero. I try hard not to question playcalling. I would hate to be in a coach's shoes and have to make split-second decisions like that. Stand behind the team and the coaches if you are a true OHS fan. Questioning them only causes separation in the ranks. I will say that there were a lot of folk behind me that need to READ my post and understand that if they are so dang smart, let them get a coaching job themselves. Now one thing I do think Coach Mc does need to do that he does have control of.....is to restrain his antics on the sidelines a bit. :thumb:

Love them Patriots!

FAIR ENOUGH .. YOUR RIGHT ON POINT. THANKS.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to sit back and reflect on this game before I posted my thoughts. First of all, congrats to Ensworth. You have an impressive team and what you have built in 3 short years is incredible. Your facilities are beautiful, your passion amazing, great hospitality,great-looking athletes and the atmosphere was electric with energy last night. Coach Bowers is a class act and a legend. Always great to witness some of his magic in person. What a back and forth pendulum swing. I also want to address after speaking to some Oakland folk IN THE KNOW that the decision not to play Thursday came from the TV station . No one was AFRAID to play each other, had they been they never would have scheduled this game in the first place. Good grief.....drop it.

Now onto the game . I was very disappointed in our offense during the first half. It looked like the Oakland lack of production of old. I was shaking my head especially knowing this game was going to be on TV yds and we had like 3 yds of total O ! Credit Ensworth's D, but we also shot ourselves in the foot with turnovers. And once again, the DEFENSE saved the day. Coach White and his boys did a heck of a job keeping us in the game and not giving up. We could have been 3 TDS down had it not been for them. Our depth and conditioning really paid off b/c I KNOW the kids had to have been tired as much as they were on the field. Our special teams also need some work. They cost us as well. Ensworth had some really crucial flags and they really need to work on those mistakes. They could have finished us off in regulation had it not been for the penalties all in a row and some of our defensive players REALLY stepping up. Can't say enough good things about our D line and SMACKadoo. He was laying the wood on and #10 is probably still sporting a headache today from it. POWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!! I am proud of my boys. They just need to put it together with 4 Q's of solid play .

I was impressed with Ensworth's QB, #10, #74 Richardson ( he is a MAN!) #18, and #3. Ensworth's lack of depth really seemed to show in the 3rd Q when OHS started clicking on the switch and had the ball almost all of that Quarter. Thank goodness, because our D needed to have a chance to breathe. Glad that Tee came through when it counted to make up for problems earlier.

I can't believe how the momentum went back and forth all night. This game was a heartbreaker for us, but may have been the best thing to ever happen to us. We will remember how it feels to lose and not want to experience it again. Thank goodness it wasn't a game within our region.

How refreshing to read this. Very intelligent writing giving true football insight. What separates the men from the boys is the caliber of their posts. I look forward to following Oakland threads the remainder to the season because of this.

Great game. Two great teams. Good luck with the rest of your seasons. See you next year!

i haven't read thru this post - i turned the tv on in the 4th with oakland up 14-6 - but i can tell u this - ensworth didn't come close to stopping a run in OT - I really thought they would run again to the left side for the 2 points - tough call for a coach - but after seeing those two runs there is no way i would have even tried a pass

Can someone give me a scouting report on #74 Antonio Richardson...I am former MP graduate and I try to keep up with some of the guys that played for Mt. Pleasant...Richardson is a transfer from MP to Ensworth...Does he play LT/RT on offense and DT on defense or just one or the other? Was he dominant in this game? Could anyone get around him? I remember seeing this kid play as a freshman for a good MP team and there was nobody who could block him! I think his stock is going to go nowhere but up the more people see him play...I would almost bet you are going to see him rated as a 4 or 5 * guy on these recruiting boards!

Thanks to any who reply!

Can someone give me a scouting report on #74 Antonio Richardson...I am former MP graduate and I try to keep up with some of the guys that played for Mt. Pleasant...Richardson is a transfer from MP to Ensworth...Does he play LT/RT on offense and DT on defense or just one or the other? Was he dominant in this game? Could anyone get around him? I remember seeing this kid play as a freshman for a good MP team and there was nobody who could block him! I think his stock is going to go nowhere but up the more people see him play...I would almost bet you are going to see him rated as a 4 or 5 * guy on these recruiting boards!

Thanks to any who reply!

He lined up at RT on offense I believe. With his frame and now higher profiled school and coach he will definately get a look from colleges. He needs to learn a little leverage and hit the weight room to be an elite prospect next year. I think Coach Bowers can get that done.

"Now one thing I do think Coach Mc does need to do that he does have control of.....is to restrain his antics on the sidelines a bit."

I couldn't agree more. I know he's a young guy, but you have to know time and place. I understand he was upset, but he looked like a little tazmanian devil over there. You have to realize that #1 you are on tv (not that it is ok any other time) and #2 - you are a representative for your school. Acting like a 3 year old that had his lollipop taken from him is not the best way to represent a State Championship program. On a side note, I was kinda hoping that they wouldn't convert for the 1st down in order to see the complete melt down.

With a low scoring game WHY didn't OHS kick a FG with 7 min to go, 4th and 6 on the 30 yd line?

TAKE THE POINTS - Coaches!!!

Why did OHS run a low percentage 2 pt play?

You just scored on 2 plays in OT letting #4 run.

Why did OHS stop the clock so much while on offense during the middle of the 4th qtr?

2 incomplete passes and ran out of bounds twice.

Why did OHS take a rekick on the inadvertant whistle?

The kickoff return team had trouble holding on to the ball all night.

OHS coaches lost this game on poor decision making!!!!

It was fun to watch McAdoo and Richardson square off all night. Advantage McAdoo.

To the person who is getting on McDaniel for his so called "antics" on the sideline. Perhaps you did not see Bowers on the field throughout the game. Heck that dude should have suited up. McDaniel is an up and coming coach. He has a passion for the game. McDaniel can not pick and choose the players he gets, he works with what he gets. Ensworth does a fine job of recruiting Murfreesboro. The only criticism that I have for McDaniel is that he shouldn't have played Ensworth in the first place. They have a huge advantage in "recruiting". Let Biff and Buffy take their marbles and play someone that is in their tax bracket.